Cumberland Harbor is like a tick suck...

Cumberland Harbor is like a tick sucking the life blood out of St. Marys

Posted in the Woodbine Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tommy Miller

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Jan 30, 2013
$45 Million Dollar plus interest is killing St. Marys

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#2 Jan 31, 2013
Tommy Miller wrote:
$45 Million Dollar plus interest is killing St. Marys
Would it "kill" you to be a tad more expansive? Details?
Tommy Miller

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Jan 31, 2013
TAD, don't bring that word up to me. If we had bitten on that one
North River LLC would have had our $25Million and looking for more by now. Still they were only running a scam on St. Marys. With Bill DeLoughy as a Councilman pushing for it.
Tommy Miller

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Jan 31, 2013
St. Marys was not ready for the scammers coming out of New Jersey. Did you know that the parent Company of Norh River LLC was a New Jersey based company ? Yes, "The Southern Company" formed in New Jersey.
Tommy Miller

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Jan 31, 2013
OH, there is another company in the mix that "The Southern Company" owns you know what that one is: "LandMar" and they own "Osprey Cove"
anon

United States

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Tommy Miller wrote:
TAD, don't bring that word up to me. If we had bitten on that one
North River LLC would have had our $25Million and looking for more by now. Still they were only running a scam on St. Marys. With Bill DeLoughy as a Councilman pushing for it.
Who were the lawyers involved in this TAD idea?
Tommy Miller

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Jan 31, 2013
I would not be surprised to find out that the Company that purchased "Cumberland Harbor" had its roots in New Jersey.
Tommy Miller

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Jan 31, 2013
Moreno you could have gone all week and not brought up "TAD" Damn that just pisses me off thinking about the word !
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#9 Jan 31, 2013
More like Saint Marys is sucking the life blood out of Cumberland Harbour. Saint Marys did not pay for the streets, water lines, or sewer lines. Cumberland Harbor paid for the fire station and the fire truck at the station at ZERO expense to the city or the County. This also gave everyone on Point Peter a huge discount on their insurance. If a street in the developmant needs repair Saint Marys will pay ZERO to repair it. Saint Marys and Camden County have sucked millions of $$ worth of property tax from the 900 people who own lots there. So explain to me how Cumberland Harbour is sucking Saint Marys dry.
CHLO

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Jan 31, 2013
These people obviously have their heads up their asses. CH will be a shot in the arm to St Marys when the marina starts construction.
WTF

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Jan 31, 2013
Tommy Miller wrote:
St. Marys was not ready for the scammers coming out of New Jersey. Did you know that the parent Company of Norh River LLC was a New Jersey based company ? Yes, "The Southern Company" formed in New Jersey.
You are crazy as a bat.We were ready that property was bought in 1976 for 110.00 per acre.Then was sold to these yankees for 37 million.
A family member sold Bridge Point up near St.Andrews sound to a group of yankees for millions in profit.
Then Jimmy Middelton another family member sold that family land for around 20 million.
We may or may not type the best on here but my family has made millions off these dumbass yankees.
We seen these SUCKERS coming a long time ago. We made a very nice profit off of these dumbasses.Just because we talk slow does not make us dumb.

So let them push taxes, water rates, and everything else so far up I dont care I have 1 house on 22 acres left here and plenty of money that my parents left me to pay county taxes.

So St.Marys may have not been ready for them but the oldtimers that knew the base was coming seen the yankee suckers coming 20 years before the yankees seen it.

Al Pope

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Jan 31, 2013
Anon wrote:
More like Saint Marys is sucking the life blood out of Cumberland Harbour. Saint Marys did not pay for the streets, water lines, or sewer lines. Cumberland Harbor paid for the fire station and the fire truck at the station at ZERO expense to the city or the County. This also gave everyone on Point Peter a huge discount on their insurance. If a street in the developmant needs repair Saint Marys will pay ZERO to repair it. Saint Marys and Camden County have sucked millions of $$ worth of property tax from the 900 people who own lots there. So explain to me how Cumberland Harbour is sucking Saint Marys dry.
You people over in Kingsland are going to find out who paid what soon because St. Marys is going down the the rest of Camden County is going to pay for the $45Million Dollar plus interest General Revenue Bond that St. Marys signed off on for Cumberland Harbor. Then you are going to know who paid what and when.
Al Pope

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Jan 31, 2013
If you don't own anything to pay taxes on you can simply move to another area.
ANON

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Jan 31, 2013
Saint Marys did not sign for any 45 million dollar bond for Cumberland Harbour. Your info is faulty or maybe you are just completely misinformed.
expensive proposal

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Jan 31, 2013
The problem with Cumberland Harbor is not with the city but with the company that held the bond guaranteeing the infrastructure would be built. They balked at their obligation because of their own financial problems. I believe the city would love to see the rest of the roads and other infrastructure built because property owners waiting to build would be able to do so. There has never been a discussion on a tax allocation district for Cumberland Harbor.
WTF

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Jan 31, 2013
ANON wrote:
Saint Marys did not sign for any 45 million dollar bond for Cumberland Harbour. Your info is faulty or maybe you are just completely misinformed.
You are right they got camden rec. to do it. it was all done behind closed doors also but the city agreed to pay it and when they cant the gilman stadium,and rec belongings will be owned by bank of america.
Really

Saint Marys, GA

#17 Jan 31, 2013
Rule one of business.. Don't be left holding the bag.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#18 Jan 31, 2013
Tommy Miller wrote:
Moreno you could have gone all week and not brought up "TAD" Damn that just pisses me off thinking about the word !
I see.

Apparently you are so mad that it has rendered you incapable of actually answering my original question.

I'll try again.

In what way(s)is Cumberland Harbour CURRENTLY "sucking the life blood out of St. Marys?"
Al Pope

Saint Marys, GA

#20 Jan 31, 2013
I'll answer for Tommy Miller, interest on $45 Million Dollars.
Al Pope

Saint Marys, GA

#21 Jan 31, 2013
Wages for police, firemen, city workers, extra help. That is for starters.

Tommy get in here and do your job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toxic Candidate 1 min Bubby 10
Cat got your tongue, Jay ? 4 min Josh 18
Fox Ann Coulter mocks Trump 1 hr Anon 10
Blue tarp Morono 1 hr Nowhaturup2 3
Great new Trump ad 8.26 2 hr anon 2
Bye Bye Byrdie 2 hr Clueless 2
Black Votes Matter 3 hr Anon 4

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance