Ramblin' Rooster
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#1 Apr 7, 2013
Well, there's a new restaurant opened up where Peas & Carrots used to be.

I went by there about 6:00 PM yesterday.

The Peas& Carrots sign is still up over the door.

An electronic sign in the window lists hours of operation as 11:00 to 2:00.

Hand written sign on butcher paper taped to inside of window says open until 9:00.

No clue what the menu is but chicken is the obvious guess.

In any event, they were closed.

The sign also says new owners.

So far, so not so good.
just sayin

Dornsife, PA

#2 Apr 7, 2013
I've found chicken to be better than rooster.
Jorge

Herndon, PA

#3 Apr 7, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
The Peas& Carrots sign is still up over the door.
So far, so not so good.
Jay, leave a space before the ampersand. You do have the last autobiographical reference right.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Apr 8, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Well, there's a new restaurant opened up where Peas & Carrots used to be.
I went by there about 6:00 PM yesterday.
The Peas& Carrots sign is still up over the door.
An electronic sign in the window lists hours of operation as 11:00 to 2:00.
Hand written sign on butcher paper taped to inside of window says open until 9:00.
No clue what the menu is but chicken is the obvious guess.
In any event, they were closed.
The sign also says new owners.
So far, so not so good.
Anxiously awaiting the review from the Topix volunteer food critic, not.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#5 Apr 11, 2013
I finally had the opportunity to try lunch at the Ramblin' Rooster today.

This is NOT Peas & Carrots redux. Totally different owners.

The two young ladies I encountered today were both very personable.

Theses folks will not fall prey to mercenary bastards sent to eat them out of business. The do not do AYCE except at breakfast. Dinner and supper prices are all or a stated amount of food.
Wide ranging menu. Meat and veggies and sandwiches.

They are currently trying to do breakfast, dinner, and supper. 7:00AM to 2:00 PM then 5:00PM to 9:00PM. They are young and energetic. They will learn about burn-out soon enough.

They are well aware that their location sucks but seem to have good advertising and promotion plans.

I had two pieces of dark meat chicken, fried, with 3 sides and good, strong tea. Green beans were exceptionally well seasoned.$6.99 plus tax.
Same but with 2 sides: S5.99. Should be popular with tradesmen with time for lunch.

Open three weeks now. Say they have been surprised with how well lunch is doing.

Worth a try.
Shanaanaa

Dornsife, PA

#6 Apr 11, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I finally had the opportunity to try lunch at the Ramblin' Rooster today.
This is NOT Peas & Carrots redux. Totally different owners.
The two young ladies I encountered today were both very personable.
Theses folks will not fall prey to mercenary bastards sent to eat them out of business. The do not do AYCE except at breakfast. Dinner and supper prices are all or a stated amount of food.
Wide ranging menu. Meat and veggies and sandwiches.
They are currently trying to do breakfast, dinner, and supper. 7:00AM to 2:00 PM then 5:00PM to 9:00PM. They are young and energetic. They will learn about burn-out soon enough.
They are well aware that their location sucks but seem to have good advertising and promotion plans.
I had two pieces of dark meat chicken, fried, with 3 sides and good, strong tea. Green beans were exceptionally well seasoned.$6.99 plus tax.
Same but with 2 sides: S5.99. Should be popular with tradesmen with time for lunch.
Open three weeks now. Say they have been surprised with how well lunch is doing.
Worth a try.
Whatever.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Apr 11, 2013
Mr Know it all. The business is owned by a gent from Douglas.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#8 Apr 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
Mr Know it all. The business is owned by a gent from Douglas.
Mr. Shit Head, what's your point?
Shanaanaa

Dornsife, PA

#9 Apr 12, 2013
Whatever.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#10 Apr 12, 2013
Anon wrote:
Mr Know it all. The business is owned by a gent from Douglas.
Good point. That blows Moreno's assumptions.
Unit 1

Woodbine, GA

#11 Apr 12, 2013
Ate there today. Dont waste your time or money.
Prime time

Dornsife, PA

#12 Apr 12, 2013
Waste of time and money!

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#13 Apr 12, 2013
Unit 1 wrote:
Ate there today. Dont waste your time or money.
Convince me you were really there.
Nick

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Apr 12, 2013
Unit 1 wrote:
Ate there today. Dont waste your time or money.
Ha, ha, Moreno brought it up.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#15 Apr 12, 2013
Unit 1 is lying, of course.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#16 Apr 12, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Convince me you were really there.
Convince us that you were there. You are lying, of course.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#17 Apr 12, 2013
I rest my case. None of these lying punks has ever been there.

Ignore these lying shit-tailed punks and give the place a try if you're down that way.
Old News

Woodbine, GA

#18 Apr 12, 2013
Well you LOVED Pea & Carrots. Is your goal to drive another one out of business?? Trust me, I will not go to and business you endorse, and love going to ones you trash. See you at Steffen's for breakfast tomorrow.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#19 Apr 12, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I rest my case. None of these lying punks has ever been there.
Ignore these lying shit-tailed punks and give the place a try if you're down that way.
Upon what evidence do you rest your case, Mr. Mason?

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#20 Apr 12, 2013
I don't endorse any restaurant.

I just give my honest opinion of their fare and service.

Yes, I did love Peas & Carrots. Their location and business plan - or lack thereof - doomed them. Good people serving great food and abused by worthless louts. Too bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rafael Edward Cruz is being sued 1 hr Chicken Ranch Cus... 7
The Next City Council 1 hr Really 12
Bob Nutter is Against the Barge Port 1 hr Sure 11
Terrible news for America! 2 hr Would not be surp... 5
Why Alex Kearns is a Coward (Mar '11) 3 hr Histile 109
Poll Would you vote for the Socialist Alax Kearns fo... 5 hr St Marys Next Mayor 11
Poll Would you vote for Socialist Alex Kearns for Ci... 5 hr St Marys Next Mayor 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Woodbine Mortgages