burford

Madison, WI

#104 Jun 17, 2009
This may be the beginning of the end for Stans.
Karl

New Portland, ME

#105 Jun 18, 2009
If it closes, where will all the teenagers in the North end go?
burford

Norridgewock, ME

#106 Jun 19, 2009
I know a place that caters to drunks on the north end. It can be "Heaven" for "Swines"
Mary

New Portland, ME

#107 Jun 21, 2009
The dump was making alot of noise late last night again. Can't wait till hurricaine season levels that place
Kevin

New Portland, ME

#108 Jun 21, 2009
Yeah we could hear it also. I thought the SO had that hole in check, but I guess not. It's called "SMOKE HOUSE" for a reason.
Jimmy

Madison, WI

#109 Jun 22, 2009
I was there Saturday and it was quiet. Not sure where the noise was coming from. Maybe from the locals?

Since: Jan 09

Madison, WI

#110 Jun 23, 2009
http://www.gachd.org/restaurant-inspections/

Here is a link to the agency that inspects our local eating establishments. I'll even "idiot" proof if for you... 1. Click on Camden County 2. Click on View Scores 3. Find Capt Stans

OMG an A 95!!

I don't frequent the place regularly but each time we've gone it's always been a pleasant experience and has been well liked by many of our guests. Stan and his staff have always been nice to us and makes everyone feel welcome. Something our "Yankee" guests say is lacking in our society today :)

Oh and if you watch the Food Network Dinners, Drive-Ins and Dives you will notice that many of these establishments look like they should be knocked down but have some of the best food in the world...Many a traveler will tell you that the "hole in the wall" shack most times serves better food than a 5 Star est.

So I will let go of this thing down here called "Southern Hospitality" and outright say...."IF YOU DONT LIKE IT MOVE THE HELL OUTTA WOODBINE". No one said you had to stay, but I bet no matter where you move you will find something to complain about...:)
burford

Madison, WI

#111 Jun 24, 2009
ChillyReception wrote:
http://www.gachd.org/restauran t-inspections/
Here is a link to the agency that inspects our local eating establishments. I'll even "idiot" proof if for you... 1. Click on Camden County 2. Click on View Scores 3. Find Capt Stans
OMG an A 95!!
I don't frequent the place regularly but each time we've gone it's always been a pleasant experience and has been well liked by many of our guests. Stan and his staff have always been nice to us and makes everyone feel welcome. Something our "Yankee" guests say is lacking in our society today :)
Oh and if you watch the Food Network Dinners, Drive-Ins and Dives you will notice that many of these establishments look like they should be knocked down but have some of the best food in the world...Many a traveler will tell you that the "hole in the wall" shack most times serves better food than a 5 Star est.
So I will let go of this thing down here called "Southern Hospitality" and outright say...."IF YOU DONT LIKE IT MOVE THE HELL OUTTA WOODBINE". No one said you had to stay, but I bet no matter where you move you will find something to complain about...:)
Well I for one wish you would. We need to get the drunks out of Woodbine and clean up this community. We would have a decent town if not for the likes of Stans.
Joey

New Portland, ME

#112 Jun 24, 2009
I agree with burford.
nosy rosy

United States

#113 Jun 26, 2009
So Stans is ruining Woodbine's chances at being the perfect little town...you are such an idiot. What type of place would you like to see?
If the noise is bothering you that bad start a petition with city hall or whoever you need to validate it and have ppl sign it then maybe ppl can come to some agreement. take some action and then ppl will see if they want the loud music or what...and everyone else will see what the opinions of the public are...also go to your next city hall meeting and voice your dismay over the noise etc and see what others say.
Cathy

New Portland, ME

#114 Jun 30, 2009
I don't like the load music either, but I can't hear from my house unless I am outside. The place appears run down and dirty.

Since: Dec 07

Meherrin, VA

#115 Jul 12, 2009
Cathy wrote:
I don't like the load music either, but I can't hear from my house unless I am outside. The place appears run down and dirty.
A mirror image of yourself, run down and dirty.
Woodbine Bridge

New Portland, ME

#116 Jul 13, 2009
Dirty, nasty place.
Woodbine Bridge

New Portland, ME

#117 Jul 13, 2009
More broken down barnicles there then on my pillars.
Oh Yeah

New Portland, ME

#118 Jul 20, 2009
The roaches must have a feast after they close.
Larry

North Augusta, SC

#119 Jul 26, 2009
Nahhh, there all to busy wasting our tax dollars at city hall.
pops

Gainesville, GA

#120 Jul 28, 2009
Where is this located at?? I would check it out on my next fishng trip
Mary

New Portland, ME

#121 Jul 31, 2009
Follow the smell of drunks and a dirty dog and you can't miss it.

Since: Feb 09

Woodbine, Ga

#122 Aug 1, 2009
pops wrote:
Where is this located at?? I would check it out on my next fishng trip
To answer your question, it is located beside the Snappy gas station on highway 17.
Jimmy

New Portland, ME

#123 Aug 3, 2009
Sniff it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 7 min Just a Thought 2,058
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 22 min Chopper Read 55,785
Atlanta rappers lose freestyle battle to woman,... 6 hr LonePalm 1
Clueless Republicans again 6 hr LonePalm Sux 6
Candidates must kiss Mother Earth Kearn's Green... 6 hr Jay Moreno 12
Early voting press release. 7 hr LonePalm 5
US Troops Do not want to go to Ebola Africa 8 hr Dismantled 14
•••
•••
•••

Woodbine Jobs

•••
•••
•••