captain stan's
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
concerned citizen

Anderson, CA

#1 Feb 19, 2008
what kind of establishment is this place turned into? In the beginning it was a great place to eat but now it has turned into a place for the local drunks to hang out? Druncks you may ask...I have seen school teachers, professionals churched people needing a ride home because they have had " alittle to much BBQ" come on people a place like this in our little town. Have we put it in the hand out we give to the newcomers yet? And some of you people are worried about what kind of people will move to Woodbine. Get a grip...look what is already here LOL!!!!
william

Norridgewock, ME

#2 Feb 22, 2008
I moved to Woodbine about 8 months ago. I am very happy here but I would not be happy all if the I could hear the noise from Stan's.
Cod Sack

United States

#3 Feb 28, 2008
Amen.
concerned citizen

Anderson, CA

#4 Mar 13, 2008
I am amazed that no one else cared about what is going on in their fine little town. They want to check out the birds and the trees but the DRUNKS with their KIDS up at STANS is beyond me!!!
Wonderer

Hortense, GA

#5 Mar 20, 2008
Woodbine has never had anything like Stan's before. It's not that bad of a place. Do you go to Applebee's or someother place that sells alcohol? As long as there is food being served,kids can be there. As for the noise...it is kinda loud. Never saw anyone fight or raise sand or anything like that. What amazes me is that there is not just young kids in there. Its people from kids to in their 80's. I personally think that it was time for Woodbine to get something like Stan's. High and Mighty people finally didn't win a debate!
what do you expect

Macon, GA

#6 Apr 2, 2008
been there, not impressed, drunks do congregate there, but they will be where the alcohol is, and police have responded there, more than once. look on the bright side, local drunks don't have that far to drive home. hmm.
bigman

Parsons, TN

#7 Apr 16, 2008
I think that Captain Stans was a wonderful addition to our community. It was a place for families to go and eat and let their kids play. But I must agree, it has turned into something more since they got their liquor license. The food was great and the atmosphere inviting. Stan and Margo made us feel like family. Everyone would go there. We needed a good food place, If I could talk to Stan I would tell him we need the old Stans back. I would go with my family and grands up there. I can't now. There are drunks there and it does get pretty loud and rowdy. Please Stan, which is more important the money or the families?
I don't think he can survive much longer like this.
concerned citizen

Brunswick, GA

#8 Apr 17, 2008
I AGREE!!!
bigman wrote:
I think that Captain Stans was a wonderful addition to our community. It was a place for families to go and eat and let their kids play. But I must agree, it has turned into something more since they got their liquor license. The food was great and the atmosphere inviting. Stan and Margo made us feel like family. Everyone would go there. We needed a good food place, If I could talk to Stan I would tell him we need the old Stans back. I would go with my family and grands up there. I can't now. There are drunks there and it does get pretty loud and rowdy. Please Stan, which is more important the money or the families?
I don't think he can survive much longer like this.
concerned citizen

Brunswick, GA

#9 Apr 17, 2008
I AGREE
J L Owens

Havana, FL

#10 Apr 28, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
I AGREE
Look Stan is there to make money, plain and simple. If you don't want to go, don't. The consumer will decide whether or not he made the right decision.
Strong Coffee

Silver Spring, MD

#11 Apr 28, 2008
There is a LOT more money in alcohol than there is in the food business.
curious george

Jefferson, GA

#12 Apr 28, 2008
what do you expect wrote:
been there, not impressed, drunks do congregate there, but they will be where the alcohol is, and police have responded there, more than once. look on the bright side, local drunks don't have that far to drive home. hmm.
I resemble that remark
Larry

Havana, FL

#13 Apr 28, 2008
what do you expect wrote:
When have the cops been to Stans for anything other than a bite to eat?

Since: Dec 07

North Anson, ME

#14 May 4, 2008
I enjoy Stans, the new and old. It is nice to not have to travel to Brunswick or Kingland to have a beer with a meal. I go sometimes on the weekends, but more during the week to avoid all of the noise. They do need to turn the amps down a little on the weekends. Overall it is a good place to eat, and a great addition to Woodbine.
camden county girl

Kingsland, GA

#15 May 5, 2008
Captain Stans = AWESOME :)
everyone should try a little bit of stans!
woodbine needed something going on in that town.
Respectable Citizen

United States

#16 Jun 9, 2008
Wow. Don't you just love stereotyping. Apparently everyone at this "socializing, make you feel at home, good music, relaxed atmostphere, good food, fun loving establishment" is a drunk. Sorry, beg to differ. Everywhere with alcohol will have "some" drunk people. Maybe there is good reason you see some of the counties professionals there. It's a relaxed, outdoor, different getaway, vice the other "Bars". Also, heaven forbid something put Woodbine on the map besides a courthouse and the crawfish festival. It's a nice little town, that now has a social addition to it. All just my opinion of course.
Thanks Stan.:)
Poet

Anderson, CA

#17 Jun 11, 2008
Thereís a man
Named capnít Stan
He serves up food
To quite a crew

Started up music
To liven up the place
Added a few drunks
To make the place quaint

WB is the place to be
good music to hear and to see
Outdoors is what I like best
Relaxation is my quest
Socializing with different guest
Professionals, laymen, cooks are the best
Families gather to eat and joke
their kids play with decent folks

Letting your hair down isnít a crime
Gimmie a place like Stanís, any day any time
A place to gather with friendly folks
Eating a good pork BBQ smoke
just me

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Jul 26, 2008
I think Stans has livened up woodbine.The only thing I really have to complain about is the music needs to be turned down at midnight.
woodbinian

North Anson, ME

#19 Jul 31, 2008
just me wrote:
I think Stans has livened up woodbine.The only thing I really have to complain about is the music needs to be turned down at midnight.
I know. I live on the opposite sid eof town and can hear it through the walls of my house. i feel for the little old lady that lives right next door to Stans.

Since: Aug 08

woodbine ga

#20 Aug 9, 2008
dont really care for it only good thing they have is the baked tatter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Swamp 37 min Jorge 7
Arm teachers? 6 hr Not a political i... 5
Trump on preventing mass shootings: 'we're goin... 6 hr Schoolmarm 3
Another week and more charges by Mueller 21 hr Lady Ospreyite 3
More good news for Dems & America Wed Mary 3
vote gary blount for commissioner district 4 (Jun '10) Wed Henry E Meguess 117
Survey Says Tue LonePalm 5

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance