Is St Marys Ignorant Or Crooked
Truth is

Tampa, FL

#21 May 25, 2013
That's not what was reported in the paper. It stated that " Stein has dropped the case against the City of St. Mary's"

On the bright side before he convinces the St. Mary's council to dig themselves into a bigger hole; I hear the Attorney Generals office has issued a opinion.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#22 May 25, 2013
Nailed It wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with taking you to task when you "Go All Elvis" on us, so I also have no problem with standing up and applauding you for this one. Nice job, Jay.
You only hit the top of the iceberg...there's a lot more in play there...but at least you hit the mark this time.
Best point: at-large representation. Until and unless this is fixed, St. Marys will always be a "suburb" of Osprey Cove.
What, pray tell, does "Go All Elvis" mean?

I do like a good peanut butter and banana sandwich with a cold glass of milk from time to time.
Anon

United States

#23 May 26, 2013
Lol

Since: May 12

End of 40

#24 May 26, 2013
Ignorant.
In the city's attempt to expand it sucked the businesses from downtown. There is really no reason to go downtown. If you did, what would you do?

St. Marys, GA

#25 May 26, 2013
Perhaps you could be hired as an actor by the DMA to pose as a decoy tourist.
Serves em right

Kingsland, GA

#26 May 26, 2013
Old Chuck wrote:
Ignorant.
In the city's attempt to expand it sucked the businesses from downtown. There is really no reason to go downtown. If you did, what would you do?
Right on!!! It's kinda funny when you think about it. The downtown GOB's got in an annexation war with Kingsland in the eighties.
In a panic they annexed every plot of land they could to keep kingsland from growing bigger than St Marys. In the process they made downtown St Marys irrelevant. No matter how much tax payer revenue they steal and spend on the downtown mill houses it does not help.

So every halloween they have to enjoy their scare crows alone.

St. Marys, GA

#27 May 26, 2013
What's even funnier is the famous article in, what was it, Money Magazine(?) that said we were a great small town to live in.

Sorry, Jerry, but the damned Yankees did not just "spend their money and leave." They came, stayed, and made Osprey Cove the new center of political power - and they still don't spend any money (other than tax money) downtown!
Tom

Kingsland, GA

#28 May 26, 2013
Remember the old Walmart shopping center. The bank downtown moved there. No more downtown banking. The realtors also helped by pushing new homes vs old. Then the mill closed. One thing after another. There was nothing downtown to attract people.
Outlander

Kingsland, GA

#29 May 26, 2013
Tom wrote:
Remember the old Walmart shopping center. The bank downtown moved there. No more downtown banking. The realtors also helped by pushing new homes vs old. Then the mill closed. One thing after another. There was nothing downtown to attract people.
They tried in vain to keep the post office downtown. They somehow convinced the BOE to build the most expensive elementary school in the world downtown. But the old farts downtown are so old to have kids so they have to bus in students. They spent a fortune to keep the city hall downtown, but that don't work because most people just ignore the government. That however is a mistake for property owners in St Marys.

It is time the outlanders in the sub-divisions start taking control of their government in St Marys or the downtowners will keep living off tax revenue generated by the homeowners in the outlying sub-divisions.
AUC

Saint Marys, GA

#30 May 26, 2013
In short ... The city government is crooked and the St. Marys people are ignorant and that explains why the city government is crooked.
Truth is

United States

#31 May 27, 2013
AUC wrote:
In short ... The city government is crooked and the St. Marys people are ignorant and that explains why the city government is crooked.
Bingo I think we have a winner! Jim Stein thought he was the only one that knew that. I'm waiting to see how he convinces the people of St. Mary's that he misappropriated "their" money for "their" best interest. Of course in a folksy language that only his believers understand. LMFAO
In the know

Jacksonville, FL

#32 May 27, 2013
Truth is wrote:
That's not what was reported in the paper. It stated that " Stein has dropped the case against the City of St. Mary's"
On the bright side before he convinces the St. Mary's council to dig themselves into a bigger hole; I hear the Attorney Generals office has issued a opinion.
The paper got it wrong. They have suspended the case until June 22. After that date, the HA will issue another resolution to the Council to reflect support for the HA and its need to give "wider services".

Yes, the AGs office gave an opinion, but that is not going to stop the HA from violating the current law.

The best thing to do at this point to get the Authority in front of a judge and show they are incontempt of the law. When that happens, that may well get rid of the HA and their actions. The gutless council will not do this, it will have to be citizens to do this. From what I understand, there is a case brewing.
question

Wimauma, FL

#33 May 27, 2013
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
The paper got it wrong. They have suspended the case until June 22. After that date, the HA will issue another resolution to the Council to reflect support for the HA and its need to give "wider services".
Yes, the AGs office gave an opinion, but that is not going to stop the HA from violating the current law.
The best thing to do at this point to get the Authority in front of a judge and show they are incontempt of the law. When that happens, that may well get rid of the HA and their actions. The gutless council will not do this, it will have to be citizens to do this. From what I understand, there is a case brewing.
Do you think the crooked council should be in control of HA money . Scary thought!
Fire Them All

Saint Marys, GA

#34 May 27, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think the crooked council should be in control of HA money . Scary thought!
The wheels of litigation move slow. The council could change dramaticly after our next election. It will take another anti-Trader type of campaign to accomplish this.... but it's possible.
In the know

Jacksonville, FL

#35 May 27, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think the crooked council should be in control of HA money . Scary thought!
No. But at least the elected people would be in control of it and we can vote their butts out. Currently, we cannot vote out the incestuous Hospital Authority and their "friends".

We have to pick one battle at a time.

St. Marys, GA

#36 May 27, 2013
Kerri wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it's just that I've had the good fortunate to associate with good people and have seen a lot of good things in the Saint Marys' community. The terms "ignorant or crooked" just don't come to mind when I consider my neighbors and the community as a whole.
Saint Marys is a wonderful place. http://saintmarysgahomes.com/st-marys-georgia...
Would you be Kerri Paulk-Gay, rumored mayoral candidate?
Really

Tampa, FL

#37 May 28, 2013
Don't think her history will allow her to seek the position of Mayor. Don't get me wrong she is a good person. But I believe we can do better. But I'm certain the GOBs would be thrilled to have their comedian as the city leader.
That is all we need

Saint Marys, GA

#38 May 28, 2013
is ANOTHER class clown for Mayor.

St. Marys, GA

#39 May 28, 2013
Really wrote:
Don't think her history will allow her to seek the position of Mayor. Don't get me wrong she is a good person. But I believe we can do better. But I'm certain the GOBs would be thrilled to have their comedian as the city leader.
History? Axe murderer, what?
really

United States

#40 May 28, 2013
Really wrote:
you must know about the rumor of her embezzling money from her fathers realty company many years ago . Is it true,?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More good news for Dems & America 49 min whoa 2
Survey Says 6 hr LonePalm 5
Local Swamp 18 hr Real Simple 4
Slow Motion Mass Shootings 19 hr Ground Control 28
18 school shootings in 2018 - it's only Feb 14 Mon Not Jay 16
Our so-called president is going to Florida Mon whoa 13
The unnamed sources were Russians Mon Brittney 3

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance