Is St Marys Ignorant Or Crooked

Posted in the Woodbine Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Saint Marys, GA

#1 May 20, 2013
Are the people of St Marys more ignorant or more crooked than most towns? Why does more bad stuff seem to happen in St Marys government than in Kingsland or Woodbine?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 May 20, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Are the people of St Marys more ignorant or more crooked than most towns?
The answer is.... yes.
littijis

Brunswick, GA

#3 May 20, 2013
I disagree.

The stupid and crooked just make the most noise.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4 May 21, 2013
littijis wrote:
I disagree.
The stupid and crooked just make the most noise.
Ya know, I agree.... I took the question in the context of those elected officials and appointed positions specifically.... not regarding everyone in general. You're right.
Sam Shanks

Saint Marys, GA

#5 May 21, 2013
It begs the questions: who appoints and elects these people to public office in St Marys? Is there no city pride? Why can't we do better?

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#6 May 21, 2013
Well, for openers, the largely class envy based disdain of the locals for the "damned outsiders" is a major part of the problem.

The cowardice of the elected officials in the face of political threats from a narrow interest group of dog-in-the-manger, downtown, teat-suckers is another.

The total lack of any co-ordinated effort on the part of the other 99% of us to strike a superior, countervailing, "fear" into the hearts of the elected officials.

Radical nutcases running amok at council meetings.

Government by and for the real estate industry.

Lastly, at-large representation.
Really

Kingsland, GA

#7 May 21, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Well, for openers, the largely class envy based disdain of the locals for the "damned outsiders" is a major part of the problem.
The cowardice of the elected officials in the face of political threats from a narrow interest group of dog-in-the-manger, downtown, teat-suckers is another.
The total lack of any co-ordinated effort on the part of the other 99% of us to strike a superior, countervailing, "fear" into the hearts of the elected officials.
Well I couldn't agree with you more. I've personally witnessed this dog and pony show for nearly three decades.

Now that Deb is long gone its refreshing to see you finally understand the concept of the real estate cartel. Boy's and Gal's in and out of government scratching each others back at the expense of the citizens.

If there was a bright side to the collapse of the housing market it was watching these people find a real job so they could continue to make payments on all their underwater properties.
Strawberry Fields

Saint Marys, GA

#8 May 21, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
Moreno - Just when I think you are not paying attention, you step forward and hit the nail on the head. Good job.
Conflict of Interest

Saint Marys, GA

#9 May 21, 2013
St Mary City Hall never saw a conflict of interest they didn't like.

Is the real estate cartel partly to blame: you bet. But lets not forget those at city hall who contract with the city and/or who have family members who contract with the city.

It's beginning to look more crooked than ignorant isn't it?
Population Bomb

Saint Marys, GA

#10 May 21, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I can only assume that you put yourself in the "Radical Nutcases" category.
Countervailing "fear" you act like a lap dog for the thugs.(council)

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#11 May 22, 2013
N, I just do not aid and abet radical nut cases by not challenging their totally ridiculous and libelous, cowardly, anonymous, and bogus accusations of actual criminal activity against elected officials whose totally legal actions they disagree with, especially when such spurious accusations are clearly made in furtherance of an insurgent Tea Party nut case pre-campaign shelling.
Times

Saint Marys, GA

#12 May 22, 2013
Even the "Camden County Tribune" is printing the open records laws in a full page ad; yet you do not call the Councils hand. You know that something stinks in St. Marys, and it is not a paper mill.
Times

Saint Marys, GA

#13 May 22, 2013
Although the property (old Mill site) may become an issue in very near future. The community is broke enough now to accept most anything that will bring a job or two to town.
Tax and Spend Moreno

Kingsland, GA

#14 May 22, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
N, I just do not aid and abet radical nut cases by not challenging their totally ridiculous and libelous, cowardly, anonymous, and bogus accusations of actual criminal activity against elected officials whose totally legal actions they disagree with, especially when such spurious accusations are clearly made in furtherance of an insurgent Tea Party nut case pre-campaign shelling.
I just love it when you play the Tea Party card. How original.
Nailed It

Savannah, GA

#15 May 22, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I have no problem with taking you to task when you "Go All Elvis" on us, so I also have no problem with standing up and applauding you for this one. Nice job, Jay.

You only hit the top of the iceberg...there's a lot more in play there...but at least you hit the mark this time.

Best point: at-large representation. Until and unless this is fixed, St. Marys will always be a "suburb" of Osprey Cove.
Truth is

Ocala, FL

#16 May 23, 2013
Stein drops lawsuit against St. Mary's in exchange for forgiveness of stealing.:-)
Out of all his years of "misappropriations" he may, just maybe able to come up with a audit of one year!
Kerri V

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 May 23, 2013
That's quite a generalization to label Saint Marys as crooked or ignorant as a whole. In my experience there are many wonderful things to appreciate about living in Saint Marys. http://saintmarysgahomes.com/category/saint-m...
Phooey

Saint Marys, GA

#18 May 23, 2013
Truth is wrote:
Stein drops lawsuit against St. Mary's in exchange for forgiveness of stealing.:-)
Out of all his years of "misappropriations" he may, just maybe able to come up with a audit of one year!
I was at the meeting. It was not dropped.

Since: Oct 12

Seals

#19 May 23, 2013
Kerri V wrote:
That's quite a generalization to label Saint Marys as crooked or ignorant as a whole. In my experience there are many wonderful things to appreciate about living in Saint Marys. http://saintmarysgahomes.com/category/saint-m...
So it is neither ignorant or crooked?
Kerri

South Jordan, UT

#20 May 25, 2013
Bogus Crowbait wrote:
<quoted text>So it is neither ignorant or crooked?
Perhaps it's just that I've had the good fortunate to associate with good people and have seen a lot of good things in the Saint Marys' community. The terms "ignorant or crooked" just don't come to mind when I consider my neighbors and the community as a whole.

Saint Marys is a wonderful place. http://saintmarysgahomes.com/st-marys-georgia...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Distrct Voting and Downtown Gang 2 hr Croton 44
RIP Topix 3 hr Play Tow 5
Is Topix's "Dr.Lecter" a liberal or conservative? 4 hr silver bullet 2
N. Korea calls Obama name in latest hacking 4 hr LonePalm 3
New restaurant 6 hr Barney 7
Unlikely location Chosen for specialized Ebola ... 7 hr spur40 8
Borrell Creek 9 hr Brittney 6
Woodbine Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web