Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Times have changed. Guns in our neighborhoods only leads to deaths, both accidental and intentional.
Time has not nor will ever change people in the time does and will.
Now someone go and look at the crime rate in the states and cities with most gun laws thats where the crimes are happening.
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

In 2012, there were over 3100 abortions performed DAILY. Between 2008 & 2011, there were 510 people killed by guns.
Anon

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

THE FACTS wrote:
In 2012, there were over 3100 abortions performed DAILY. Between 2008 & 2011, there were 510 people killed by guns.
May I remind you that this is a discussion about guns. The number of deaths caused by automobile accidents, drownings, abortions, or AIDS is irrelevant to this discussion.
on the take

Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
May I remind you that this is a discussion about guns. The number of deaths caused by automobile accidents, drownings, abortions, or AIDS is irrelevant to this discussion.
How can you say that its irrlevant to DUI deaths on both sides you hve a personwith no regards for their life or yours.one grabs a gun the ther grab car keys.
If we have few accidnts caused by drunk drivers that hit buses and kill serveral are you going to stop the sell of beer or cars
THE FACTS

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
again...everyone notice: liberals can only debate is there is emotion attached to their argument, and not facts

the 14th amendment protects the right to have and abortion...killing or terminating a life.

the 2nd amendment allows citizens to keep and bear arms...to protect themselves against tyranny.

Both ideas are protected under the constitution...so which one causes more death.

Again, liberals want to regulate your life, but do not regulate sex or the results of a "bad choice".

Libtards: you cannot have your cake and eat it to...you live in a free society...if you do not like it here in America, get the hell out.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Steven Bannister> ishiibrad•18 hours ago&#8722;

You know, it's a funny thing about Northeastern liberals.

Every day they wake up, take the train to work, get their Starbucks coffee, step into their office building in Boston or Manhattan - and then WALK STRAIGHT PAST AN ARMED SECURITY GUARD AND SAY "GOOD MORNING!"

They do this every single morning and it never once occurs to them that having an armed security guard is "too dangerous" or "too expensive." They simply accept the fact that corporate security is a part of corporate life.

Yet the modest suggestion that we have ALSO have a security guard PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN is considered an outrageous "right-wing" idea that will never work. So, Mommy and Daddy Liberal continue to say good morning to the friendly armed security guard every day - while THEIR CHILDREN are left unprotected in the suburbs only a few towns away.

Yup, it's a funny thing about Northeastern liberals.....
Frustrated

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Here is the real issue, its not a hunting thing or a shooting thing, its a right to have thing. I am a firearm enthusiast and I also understand that when used improperly they can deal great devastation. I also know that there isn't a firearm out there that will function on its own and require human interaction. Where was the public outcry when terrorists used planes to kill more people in one day than guns ever will. Instead of people asking for planes to be banned the government laid out a huge stimulus to help the airline industry recover. I could go on and list the multitudes of other things that kill more people every day and yet noone cries for thier banning like , abortion, alcohol, drugs, just to name a few. Why should the liberties of the many that do exactly what they are supposed to be removed because of the actions of few. I think there does need to be reform but it needs to be on the punishment side. Criminals are just that , they don't follow laws otherwise they wouldn't be criminals. Wise up, if we give up this right that everyone may not enjoy where will it stop? Do we need to fear the removal of our freedom of speech and how about the freedom of the press that the media so enjoys. I have served honorably in the military for the past 11 years and I have owned firearms most of my life and my children have grown up learning and respecting them. It all boils down to accountability, it is always someone elses fault when things happen. Instead of blaming the tools blame the person that used them. When will the stupidity stop.
Vet

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Frustrated wrote:
Here is the real issue, its not a hunting thing or a shooting thing, its a right to have thing. I am a firearm enthusiast and I also understand that when used improperly they can deal great devastation. I also know that there isn't a firearm out there that will function on its own and require human interaction. Where was the public outcry when terrorists used planes to kill more people in one day than guns ever will. Instead of people asking for planes to be banned the government laid out a huge stimulus to help the airline industry recover. I could go on and list the multitudes of other things that kill more people every day and yet noone cries for thier banning like , abortion, alcohol, drugs, just to name a few. Why should the liberties of the many that do exactly what they are supposed to be removed because of the actions of few. I think there does need to be reform but it needs to be on the punishment side. Criminals are just that , they don't follow laws otherwise they wouldn't be criminals. Wise up, if we give up this right that everyone may not enjoy where will it stop? Do we need to fear the removal of our freedom of speech and how about the freedom of the press that the media so enjoys. I have served honorably in the military for the past 11 years and I have owned firearms most of my life and my children have grown up learning and respecting them. It all boils down to accountability, it is always someone elses fault when things happen. Instead of blaming the tools blame the person that used them. When will the stupidity stop.
Your augment is poppycock. Where will it all end with weapons in our neighborhood? Handheld nuclear weapons ok for your neighbor? They were working on them in 1950's, probably still are or done by now. How about Dazer Lazer weapons? Their out now. Your good with that too? Weapons technology has moved so far beyond what was imaginable even 50 years ago, much less 235 years ago, that "right to bear arms" clause is irrelevant to today's life.

You can rest assured within the foreseeable future, we'll be reinterpreting that aspect of the Constitution. America's had enough of this senseless killing day in and day out just so some nuts can think their a tough guy.

“Commander & Chef”

Since: Sep 11

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Your augment is poppycock. Where will it all end with weapons in our neighborhood? Handheld nuclear weapons ok for your neighbor? They were working on them in 1950's, probably still are or done by now. How about Dazer Lazer weapons? Their out now. Your good with that too? Weapons technology has moved so far beyond what was imaginable even 50 years ago, much less 235 years ago, that "right to bear arms" clause is irrelevant to today's life.
You can rest assured within the foreseeable future, we'll be reinterpreting that aspect of the Constitution. America's had enough of this senseless killing day in and day out just so some nuts can think their a tough guy.
If the liberals insist on redefining conservative's 2nd amendment rights perhaps conservatives should start redefining and restricting liberals 1st amendment rights to spew nonsense and lies about conservatives during elections. Or perhaps we should just ignore the 14th amendment 'right' to an abortion and put a forcible end to abortion clinics and abortionists. Would you like that?

If you expect us to recognize and uphold YOUR constitutional rights, you damn well better start standing up and defending OUR constitutional right to be armed as we chose for our own defense. The Constitution is an ALL or NOTHING proposition. Until you amend it via the defined process, it stands as written. If not, all bets are off.
Redneck

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet, want to ban guns? Amend the constitution.
Frustrated

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Vet your ideals are idiotic and no one that has ever donned a uniform for THIS nation would ever equate gun control to portable nuclear devices or lazer dazer weapons as you called them. You "vet" name has to stand for veterinarian. Gun control is what scared individuals who don't have the testicular fortitude to hold themselves or others accountable for their actions. Quit pointing fingers at tools, because they are no more responsible for the end result than schools are for your stupidity. What gives you the right to speak about taking away the rights of others, oh yeah I forgot the same Constitution you are trying to negate. If you truly are a vet then you have forgotten what freedoms you gave up to ensure that opinions even ones as infantile as yours are protected. Grow up or move out.
Boys got a point

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Frustrated wrote:
Vet your ideals are idiotic and no one that has ever donned a uniform for THIS nation would ever equate gun control to portable nuclear devices or lazer dazer weapons as you called them. You "vet" name has to stand for veterinarian. Gun control is what scared individuals who don't have the testicular fortitude to hold themselves or others accountable for their actions. Quit pointing fingers at tools, because they are no more responsible for the end result than schools are for your stupidity. What gives you the right to speak about taking away the rights of others, oh yeah I forgot the same Constitution you are trying to negate. If you truly are a vet then you have forgotten what freedoms you gave up to ensure that opinions even ones as infantile as yours are protected. Grow up or move out.
Sorry Frustrated, like it or not, Vets got a point. The Constitution don't say, "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed except Lazer Dazers are forevermore prohibited." While you might like plain Jane 9MM or .45, I'm looking forward to mounting that Lazer Dazer on my Bushmaster .223 and defending my home some night! Don't hose it up for the rest of us just because you don't think it's right!

“Commander & Chef”

Since: Sep 11

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, I like the Laser Dazer. I want one. Sounds like the perfect thing to carry in locations where you couldn't otherwise a firearm.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Uh oh!

Hide you un-registered hammers!

http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/...
Tom

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

What does appear to have impacted school shootings was implementation of the latest version of the “Gun Free School Zones Act”(GFSZA), which is associated with a dramatic increasein school murders.
Between the first significant school shooting, in 1966, and enactment of the 1996 GFSZA, media summaries reveal 8 shootings with 134 victims killed or wounded – a rate of 4.3 victims per year. Between 1996 and 2012, the review finds 62 shootings and 367 victims – a fivefold increase to 23 victims per year. Yet, during the same
period, FBI Uniform Crime Reports indicate homicide nationwide dropped by 14%.
While media summaries may not be comprehensive, the GFSZA has clearly been an abject failure. Worse, evidence suggests it may actually create “kill zones” which attract violent predators.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Of course it does.

And why have overall homicide rates dropped nationwide?

Why,concealed weapons permits and "shall issue" states, of course.

Imagine what would happen if every civilized American male over the age of 21 were REQUIRED to open carry everywhere outside the home 24/7/365.

The thug population would decline dramatically.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

God job, Mom, but you need to trade up to a larger caliber with more capicity.

http://savannahnow.com/latest-news/2013-01-04...

“Jay loves me.”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Remembering back to "Problem Solving" class in college we were taught, what is the cause of the problem and be specific?
Knee jerk will never get to the root cause.
Redneck

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Senora de la Iglesia wrote:
Remembering back to "Problem Solving" class in college we were taught, what is the cause of the problem and be specific?
Knee jerk will never get to the root cause.
I don't know whether its a cry for publicity or a death wish coupled with a desire to killing a large number of people before then committing suicide.

In any case, if you were to take the so called assault rifle from these fruit loops you sill would not make the children safer. If a person wanted to commit suicide and take a large number of people with him there are numerous scenarios that will work from poisonous gases to fire and explosives.

The gun is only a tool. We need to find a way to remove the human part of the equasion prior to their committing these horrendous acts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of42
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Woodbine Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Woodbine Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Woodbine People Search