First Prev
of 17
Next Last
To SPLOST or not

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Feb 15, 2013
I just saw this on Facebook. http://www.splost7.com/default.html
Thanks Chuck

Dornsife, PA

#2 Feb 15, 2013
Yes, we managed to put our citizens in a tax guillotine. If you don't pass the SPLOST, you are going to be faced with massive property tax and water/sewage bill increases. Of course, if you vote to continue the SPLOST, you are going to see large property tax and water bill increases, just a wee bit less.

Aren't you glad, now that you elected such visionaries, such ideators.......council members who are constantly thinking of innovative ways to spend the hard earned money of the citizens of St. Marys.

I will be running for mayor in the very near future. You can really thank me with your vote. I have some very intriguing ideas on how we can spend even more of your money.

Trader for Mayor.

Facts

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Feb 15, 2013
You can continue to wring your hands over past actions but that won't change the future. Either this SPLOST passes or our water/sewer rates skyrocket again and our millage rate increases. I'm voting YES to SPLOST VII.
WTF

Saint Marys, GA

#4 Feb 15, 2013
To the people outside the city limits of St.Marys we are not iin that kind of a bind. So why would we want to raise our taxes just for them to pay off their mistakes of planning on the sub-school to came spent all that money and it never showed up.

I do not want to pay more in taxes just because of 1 city.
This year I will buy 3 new trucks for my company and if Ihave to pay 1% extra because of splost I will buy in brunswick and save 1200.00 dollars.
Let them dig themselves out of that mess.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 15, 2013
Facts wrote:
You can continue to wring your hands over past actions but that won't change the future. Either this SPLOST passes or our water/sewer rates skyrocket again and our millage rate increases. I'm voting YES to SPLOST VII.
I guess I'm voting for it also. But I think we can still expect an increase in millage and water rates.
Redneck

Saint Marys, GA

#6 Feb 15, 2013
WTF wrote:
To the people outside the city limits of St.Marys we are not iin that kind of a bind. So why would we want to raise our taxes just for them to pay off their mistakes of planning on the sub-school to came spent all that money and it never showed up.
I do not want to pay more in taxes just because of 1 city.
This year I will buy 3 new trucks for my company and if Ihave to pay 1% extra because of splost I will buy in brunswick and save 1200.00 dollars.
Let them dig themselves out of that mess.
WTF, you are already paying the 1 cent tax. Its just a continuation of SPLOSTVI, as I understand it.

If I am wrong, someone will correct me.
NavyEagle

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Feb 15, 2013
You're right, Redneck. WTF, educate yourself. It's just a continuation of SPLOST VI. If someone offered to pay 12.1% of your mortgage you'd jump at it so why wouldn't you vote to have visitors to Camden County pay 12.1% of the revenue generated by SPLOST VII?
It's a no-brainer. I'm supporting VII. Good website by the way.
Tom

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Feb 15, 2013
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, you are already paying the 1 cent tax. Its just a continuation of SPLOSTVI, as I understand it.
If I am wrong, someone will correct me.
I usually agree with you but I have to ask if you are getting F'd is it ok to let them continue. We need to focus on $45 Mil.
Ernie

Herndon, PA

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Yes vote on the reauthorization of SPLOST. It does the most good of any tax we have.
I Hate Splost

Kingsland, GA

#10 Feb 15, 2013
The only thing I hate more than the cowards tax (Splost)is being blackmailed by the city council over the 43 million speculation debt.
Keep splost

Saint Marys, GA

#11 Feb 15, 2013
Facts is right. You can whine about what went before and vote NO on SPLOST VII or you can vote YES for a small but powerful tax that's been around for over 30 years. Yeah, past councils have made dumb choices but SPLOST money pays for Kingsland, Woodbine, County, St. Marys infrastructure and more.
Just do us a favor. If you vote No, don't come whining to Topix about that pothole in your street, lack of essential services etc.
Redneck

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>I usually agree with you but I have to ask if you are getting F'd is it ok to let them continue. We need to focus on $45 Mil.
You are right about the 45 mil debt. If we can get non St Marys people to pay a tax that can be used to help pay the 45 million down, I would call that a winner. I know you say thats just another tax, well, you gonna pay that 46 million one way or the other. With or without the SPLOST. Your choice.
Bob

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Feb 15, 2013
I'm voting NO!!!!!
St Marys Voter

Saint Marys, GA

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Bob wrote:
I'm voting NO!!!!!
There's a well laid-out case against SPLOST VII. Come on, Bob. Share your logical reasons....if you can.
Accountant

Saint Marys, GA

#15 Feb 15, 2013
Bottom line: either SPLOST VII passes and payments are shared throughout the county and by "visitors" (12-15%) or it doesn't and we all empty our wallets to pay for infrastructure repairs and maintenance, debts and everything else. It's not like SPLOST is anything new, for God's sake. We've had it for about 30 years but we need it now more than ever before. Drop the stupid anti-council garbage: you can't un-ring that bell.
Two choices. Vote SPLOST VII in or prepare to have your water/sewer rates and millage rate go through the roof.
Voting No

Woodbine, GA

#16 Feb 15, 2013
This thing doesn't have a chance of passing. Do you really think that Camden voters are going to pass this thing when people are struggling to get by? Raising everyone's property taxes and water bill is another brilliant idea. The only businesses with doors open will be government buildings. I am starting to think that is what they want...
Anon

United States

#17 Feb 16, 2013
They've been working towards this destruction since 2000. The community is just beginning to feel the effects of their decisions. Get this! No NEW industry is slated for Camden County . The tax digest is about 70% residential. Recipe for a very depressed community. Add on to that the fact that Kings Bay just informed their civilian employees they have to take the next 22 Fridays off without pay.

All bright minded people either left Camden before or shortly after Steve Berry! The psunami is coming, it's labeled as extreme poverty folks!

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#18 Feb 16, 2013
Accountant wrote:
Bottom line: either SPLOST VII passes and payments are shared throughout the county and by "visitors" (12-15%) or it doesn't and we all empty our wallets to pay for infrastructure repairs and maintenance, debts and everything else. It's not like SPLOST is anything new, for God's sake. We've had it for about 30 years but we need it now more than ever before. Drop the stupid anti-council garbage: you can't un-ring that bell.
Two choices. Vote SPLOST VII in or prepare to have your water/sewer rates and millage rate go through the roof.
While it is true that the SPLOST tax is nothing new to Camden, unfortunately, the Spencers are.

Since: Dec 11

Dornsife, PA

#19 Feb 16, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
While it is true that the SPLOST tax is nothing new to Camden, unfortunately, the Spencers are.
When Julian gets on your bad side, look out. Just ask Jason, Jeremy, Alex, Barbara, Gary, Greg, Bill, Sidney, Stan, Bob, or Jerry. There are many others, but it's time to fix breakfast.
Gator Ali

Dornsife, PA

#20 Feb 16, 2013
In before he corrects you......of course you meant, "When you get on Julian's bad side...".

Hey Nan, what are ya fixing this morning? I love your Eggs Benedict.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JDA vs Private Business 20 min Inside Information 4
Camden County JDA;Have they done good? 51 min He Is Back 9
Great job, Mr. President, great job! 1 hr Ospreyite 16
Fix St. Marys 4 hr Clear Voice 9
Big Bucks seized by CCSO 6 hr English speaker 4
1-2 Bedroom Apartments in St Marys /Kingsland a... 7 hr Jorge 4
Obama sets another record 23 hr miami 8
Woodbine Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Woodbine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Woodbine News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Woodbine

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:55 am PST

NBC Sports 4:55AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
NBC Sports10:54 AM
Weatherspoon predicts a sweep of the "Aints"