“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#21 Nov 17, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. I am boycotting anything Union that I can.
Adds a whole new meaning to "look for the union label!"
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#22 Nov 17, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
Well, the union thugs have killed off the Twinkie.
Why now? Because they are emboldened by that Commie son-of-a-bitch in te White House.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/16/hostess-...
The company has an interesting history. First there was the group that took it private in a leveraged buyout, then took it public 3 years later, each time earning huge bonuses and stripping equity from the company. Then there was a large merger that generated large bonuses, further stripping equity.

Not surprising, the company entered bankruptcy in 2004, generating huge fees for lawyers. At that time, the workers made concessions, and the company emerged from bankruptcy in 2009, but with a crippling debt load. They exited bankruptcy with more debt than they started with. Capital that should have been going to upgrade plant and equipment went to pay lawyers and banksters.

The company has been looted by one management group or another over the last 20 years. 6 different CEO's in the last 10 years. All this time, there's been little to no reinvestment in plant, the delivery fleet is slap wore out, equipment is woefully outdated, in short, there's not much chance of being competitive in today's economy.

The company was forced in to bankruptcy again, and this time management was demanding a cut in compensation that amounts to roughly 38% a year. The company stopped paying into the pension plan, and gave management an 80% raise. The workers, those who actually make and deliver the product, had had enough with the looters. They went John Galt.
Wharf Rat

Dornsife, PA

#23 Nov 17, 2012
Diceman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want to run off at the mouth like that? That Commie son-of-a-bitch in the White House might cut off your Obama money. Then you couldn't go to Peas and Carrots every day.
He's bitchin now and blaming us workin types for the closure of his "Twinky" bakery. He's probably out at Wal-Mart buying out their stock of "ding dongs".
tammy

Saint Marys, GA

#24 Nov 17, 2012
You are not telling the truth Twinkie's can't close. My uncle works there and Union said they would take care of him and not let the company close.
tammy

Saint Marys, GA

#25 Nov 17, 2012
My uncle said that Twinkie's won't be closing he said Obama told them he would play the "Taft-Hartley Act" Union will not let Twinkie close you wait and see.

Don't worry Walmart works strike unions will get Obama to use the
"Taft-Hartley Act" to stop them from doing much damage.
tammy

Saint Marys, GA

#26 Nov 17, 2012
We are calling the U. S. Department of Labor for help too.
bubba131

Fernandina Beach, FL

#27 Nov 17, 2012
If the employees don't like working there they are free to quit.

Thats the freedom Americans have.

If they strike fire them and hire replacements. In this job market they are plenty of replacements out there.

I'll be shopping at Walmart.

St. Marys, GA

#28 Nov 17, 2012
Could the war waged against their products by tofu eating Libs have anyting to do with their financial problems?

On the good side, no more kids will be suspended from school for packin' a Twinkie.
Wharf Rat

Dornsife, PA

#29 Nov 17, 2012
bubba131 wrote:
If the employees don't like working there they are free to quit.
Thats the freedom Americans have.
If they strike fire them and hire replacements. In this job market they are plenty of replacements out there.
I'll be shopping at Walmart.
Bubba is a "SCAB". I hate "SCABS"!
bubba131

Fernandina Beach, FL

#30 Nov 17, 2012
Hate away...I am for free unencumbered enterprise.
Real Simple

Kingsland, GA

#31 Nov 17, 2012
I hope the strike doesn't interfere with those hilarious holiday videos of 400 pound mommas in their full body spandex suits passing the likes of Dale Earnhardt on the way to the good stuff.

St. Marys, GA

#32 Nov 17, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>The one in Camden County is already dead. Half the time, shoppers find bare shelves. They do a horrible job of restocking depleted inventory.
How true.

If they sell all of a product on the shelf during the day, forget about it until the night crew of stockers comes on. That is, if they can find the missing product in the back.

This past summer, there were a large number of houseflies that would get in when I let CJ out into the yard. When I realized I was about out of Black Flag flying insect spray, I put it on my shopping list. I'm in Walmart at least every other day because I can't carry much per trip. I checked the empty spot of the shelf where it should have been for three weeks.

Finally, I spoke to the manager. A few days later, there was a ridiculously large stock of the product on the shelf. It's feast or famine.

Another time, they had no white onions for about three weeks.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#33 Nov 17, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
Could the war waged against their products by tofu eating Libs have anyting to do with their financial problems?
On the good side, no more kids will be suspended from school for packin' a Twinkie.
Changing consumer tastes also contributed to the failure. Instead of management responding to the market, they were obsessed with extracting equity. That's not how you grow a business, and sales had been declining for several years.

Not to worry, Twinkie is one of those iconic brands that has value, and someone will buy the rights to manufacture them here in the US. In the meantime, they are still being produced in Canada. I know you've got many friends from Canada, maybe one of them can hook you up with an emergency supply.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#34 Nov 17, 2012
Real Simple wrote:
I hope the strike doesn't interfere with those hilarious holiday videos of 400 pound mommas in their full body spandex suits passing the likes of Dale Earnhardt on the way to the good stuff.
WalMart has good stuff? It's been 4 or 5 years since I've been in one, unless a virtual visit to http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ counts. Cheap Chinese made crap doesn't really appeal to me.
bubba131

Fernandina Beach, FL

#35 Nov 17, 2012
"Wharf Rat"]<quoted text>
Bubba is a "SCAB". I hate "SCABS"

If I was CEO I wold lock them out and get replacements.
Corporations have an obligation to their shareholders who made the investments,
And again,,if the employees are unhappy... QUIT
Redneck

Woodbine, GA

#36 Nov 17, 2012
Why doesn't the unions wait till Hostess is in bankruptcy and buy the assets. I have heard that something like that happened in the 60's to a little steel company in South Carolina.

St. Marys, GA

#37 Nov 17, 2012
Simplistic dolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Changing consumer tastes also contributed to the failure. Instead of management responding to the market, they were obsessed with extracting equity. That's not how you grow a business, and sales had been declining for several years.
Not to worry, Twinkie is one of those iconic brands that has value, and someone will buy the rights to manufacture them here in the US. In the meantime, they are still being produced in Canada. I know you've got many friends from Canada, maybe one of them can hook you up with an emergency supply.
I've never eaten a Twinkie. I've never been into junk food.
Big Love

Saint Marys, GA

#38 Nov 17, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never eaten a Twinkie. I've never been into junk food.
You not being totally honest here Jay, I have seen you eat those little sweet tarts from time to time.
I have heard through the grape vine that you eat blue waffles ?
Wharf Rat

Dornsife, PA

#39 Nov 17, 2012
bubba131 wrote:
"Wharf Rat"]<quoted text>
Bubba is a "SCAB". I hate "SCABS"
If I was CEO I wold lock them out and get replacements.
Corporations have an obligation to their shareholders who made the investments,
And again,,if the employees are unhappy... QUIT
So, you think those employees should continue to work for minimum wages, not being allowed to work enough hours to qualify for any benifits such as holiday pay, vacation pay, health insurance, and other amenities that people in other industries enjoy?

You're not an ordinary "scab", you're also a "slime ball"! Corporations also have an obligation to treat their employees with dignity and compassion, after all it's the Cashier, deli staff, bakery, meat cutters, and stockers that enable Wal-Mart to make those profits for the shareholders.
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

#40 Nov 17, 2012
Redneck wrote:
Why doesn't the unions wait till Hostess is in bankruptcy and buy the assets. I have heard that something like that happened in the 60's to a little steel company in South Carolina.
That's a great idea, but the banksters have stacked the deck. The company has been in bankruptcy since January, and has an unfunded liability to the pension fund of somewhere around 2 billion dollars. The way bankruptcy works, you and I are on the hook for the unfunded liability while the banksters get to claim the only assets remaining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who Believes Linda Williams Sucks as a St Marys... 42 min anon 7
Memories of Jay Moreno 5/20/2015 43 min anon 2
Poll Who Hopes Jay is Really Dead 58 min anon 21
Topix Poster Reported Dead 1 hr anon 24
St. Marys Seafood just another bar coming to to... (May '11) 2 hr latenight 132
Pipelines and off shore drilling 2 hr latenight 20
EPA Plan to Ban Coal Hits Major Roadblock 2 hr latenight 2
More from around the web

Woodbine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE