should st marys have a police officer on the water?

Created by miami on Mar 21, 2013

29 votes

Click on an option to vote

no

yes

miami

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Mar 21, 2013
that s what the city is trying to do. i guess the dnr is not good for there master plan.maybe the dnr needs to come to the next meeting?
creekman

Dornsife, PA

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Absolutely. Then the City Council can spend $200,000 on a Contender patrol Boat, just like Bill Smith did. That also calls for hiring a couple more officers, getting them trained, buying all the specialized electronics equipment: Radar, Side scan sonar, VHF Marine radios, GPS, and Color depth recorders. Did I forget the rust proof, stainless steel weapons?$400,000 ought to cover the initial start up costs and $150,000 per year for salaries, maintenance, and fuel. What a deal!

We don't have enough Government presence on the water with only the Coast Guard, DNR, FMP, Park Service and Sheriff's Patrol Boats.
Reducing millage rate

Kingsland, GA

#3 Mar 22, 2013
creekman wrote:
Absolutely. Then the City Council can spend $200,000 on a Contender patrol Boat, just like Bill Smith did. That also calls for hiring a couple more officers, getting them trained, buying all the specialized electronics equipment: Radar, Side scan sonar, VHF Marine radios, GPS, and Color depth recorders. Did I forget the rust proof, stainless steel weapons?$400,000 ought to cover the initial start up costs and $150,000 per year for salaries, maintenance, and fuel. What a deal!
We don't have enough Government presence on the water with only the Coast Guard, DNR, FMP, Park Service and Sheriff's Patrol Boats.
Yes, Splost 7 will free up a lot of general tax money for a whole bunch of new expansion projects.

Reducing millage rate is not an option.
Jorge

Herndon, PA

#4 Mar 22, 2013
You only see DNR on major holiday weekends. As for training, I'm not sure if CCSO had any. The last time I was at Lang's West for 4th of July, there was a CCSO idiot driving around with headlights on leaving a large wake at the docks. He evidently thought it's like driving a car.
Say What

Kingsland, GA

#5 Mar 22, 2013
Jorge wrote:
You only see DNR on major holiday weekends. As for training, I'm not sure if CCSO had any. The last time I was at Lang's West for 4th of July, there was a CCSO idiot driving around with headlights on leaving a large wake at the docks. He evidently thought it's like driving a car.
The next time your at LANG'S WEST please write down all the violations you witness in the vicinity of LANG'S WEST and post them here. I'll take care of it. I'm leaving right now to check out those headlights.
Jorge

Herndon, PA

#6 Mar 22, 2013
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
The next time your at LANG'S WEST please write down all the violations you witness in the vicinity of LANG'S WEST and post them here. I'll take care of it. I'm leaving right now to check out those headlights.
This was a few years ago at night during fireworks.
WTF

Saint Marys, GA

#7 Mar 22, 2013
I vote that Dnr leaves the water because ccso cant enforce DNR regulations So if I decide to keep over the limit fish or shrimp I can
miami

Saint Marys, GA

#8 Mar 23, 2013
where would this money come from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peacekeepers is here 1 hr OK So 29
Are the EarthKeepers good for St Marys 8 hr Georgia Lady 5
The USA after rethuglicans shut down the EPA 9 hr NFL Guy 1
learn the reality 9 hr abm22 2
911 Director Camden County 10 hr curious 3
T.T. where are you ?????????? 10 hr LIVEDTHRUIT 2
kingsland pd tickets driver for eating hamburger? 10 hr ONOOOO 4
Woodbine Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web