Church Lady's take on probate judge c...

Church Lady's take on probate judge candidates

Posted in the Woodbine Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“It's comong.”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Why now a bunch of candidates and not before? No chance before? Will there be a run off? If Sweat loses will there be a State Court?
miami

Herndon, PA

#2 Feb 27, 2013
3 questions is a take?

“Make St. Marys great again! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#3 Feb 28, 2013
It's the poor bastard's attempt at humor and a dig at me. I started to say one fry short of a Happy Meal, but that is obviously not true. You get the idea though.
Mike

United States

#4 Feb 28, 2013
Senora de la Iglesia wrote:
Why now a bunch of candidates and not before? No chance before? Will there be a run off? If Sweat loses will there be a State Court?
I hope that Sweat would run for State Court if he lost. It certainly would bring money to the county.
Tom

United States

#5 Feb 28, 2013
Look at Gamble's billboards. The badge and cap. Not my vote. I thought churchlady's post was funny even if it poked at Jay. As if Jay has never done the same.

St. Marys, GA

#6 Mar 1, 2013
"The badge and cap."

Okay. What is it about the badge and cap that in and of itself was adequate for you to take an informed decision as to his qualifications as a candidate?

“It's comong.”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 Mar 1, 2013
In determining the Probate Judge salary, there are state mandated supplements to which an officer may be entitled that must be added. I wish I could tell you what those mandated supplements are but I can't. I suspect the get a cut on ticket revenue.
Sorry

Tampa, FL

#8 Mar 1, 2013
Wrong Señora, a Probate Judge is entitled to supplemental income through vital records ie birth and death certificates.
nuttso

United States

#9 Mar 1, 2013
Shavon!
Jay Moreno from laptop

Kingsland, GA

#10 Mar 1, 2013
Sorry wrote:
Wrong Señora, a Probate Judge is entitled to supplemental income through vital records ie birth and death certificates.
I'm not disputing you.

But why? Why should he be receiving higher compensation depending upon the number of births and deaths?

Hell, I guess if he were vacationing in Colorado when a nuke went off at the base, he would be one wealthy S.O.B.
nuttso

United States

#11 Mar 1, 2013
Sweat would have a job as probate judge not attorney. As judge of probate he could not practice law.
nuttso

United States

#12 Mar 1, 2013
Senora de la Iglesia wrote:
Because they could not make it otherwise.
Sorry

Grayson, GA

#13 Mar 1, 2013
Jay Moreno from laptop wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not disputing you.
But why? Why should he be receiving higher compensation depending upon the number of births and deaths?
Hell, I guess if he were vacationing in Colorado when a nuke went off at the base, he would be one wealthy S.O.B.
. I can't give you a good reason, but that is what the state allows. I guess that is the compensation for being the keeper of vital statistics.

As for being wealthy after a nuclear detonation, I imagine he would be toast as well.

Since: Oct 12

Seals

#14 Mar 2, 2013
I hope to attend Sweat's fundraiser today to find out why he wants to leave his law practice for the probate. Probate is a full time job. Also wondering if it may be for medical benefits. CU there.
chitlin

Herndon, PA

#15 Mar 2, 2013
Bogus Crowbait wrote:
I hope to attend Sweat's fundraiser today to find out why he wants to leave his law practice for the probate. Probate is a full time job. Also wondering if it may be for medical benefits. CU there.
County medical benefits are some of the best around. Besides insurance, the county even has an on-site medical clinic for employees.

St. Marys, GA

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Bogus Crowbait wrote:
I did not want to be the first to say it, but the acquisition of medical benefits to pay for gastric bypass surgery - at a minimum -occurred to me too. Without it, I doubt he'll see 50.

Is this fundraiser out at Jim Steins place on the river?

Since: Oct 12

Seals

#17 Mar 2, 2013
I read somewhere that it was at Peeples park.
Bob

United States

#18 Mar 3, 2013
Family and friends or race card?

St. Marys, GA

#19 Mar 3, 2013
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>. I can't give you a good reason, but that is what the state allows. I guess that is the compensation for being the keeper of vital statistics.
As for being wealthy after a nuclear detonation, I imagine he would be toast as well.
Re-read my post. That's why I had him vacationing in Colorado at the time of the nuclear detonation.
Tom

United States

#20 Mar 3, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not want to be the first to say it, but the acquisition of medical benefits to pay for gastric bypass surgery - at a minimum -occurred to me too. Without it, I doubt he'll see 50.
Is this fundraiser out at Jim Steins place on the river?
I knew a guy that had the surgery and was out of work for a month.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woodbine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Candidate Moreno's Brunswick News Comment 3 min VSU 9
Black Lives Mater to invade St.Marys this weekend. 7 min people of the sun 255
2016 Democrat Convention, 49 min Tom 12
An example of Trump screwing the little guy 1 hr Moreno Jay 4
"Mr. Trump is a unique and present danger." 1 hr Moreno Jay 2
That noise you hear is Democrats cheering! (7.2... 11 hr Jilly Jelly 5
Trump Hit It Out of the Ball Park at RNC 13 hr LonePalm 8

Woodbine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance