Rev./Judge Turner to assess mental states of CCW applicants.

Posted in the Woodbine Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Excerpt from today's T&G

Turner said that he’s a
“card carrying weapon
holder” himself and supports
the analysis of the
mental state of each individual
seeking approval to possess
a weapon.
Gibbs said that she doesn’t
think her opinion is relevant
or necessary in
relation to her candidacy
for probate judge, saying
she would be in a position
to just “follow what the law
says and issue permits accordingly.”
Sweatt and Middleton
praised Gibbs’ response and
agreed.

Of course the law does not authorize him to do so, but what-the-hell, this is Camden County. With Bill Smith and all his Bible thumping admirers of his courageous victory (so far) over alcohol, what, short of a lawsuit, is to stop him?

For that matter, what is to stop him from having his own political enemies or those of his suppoters involuntary committed to a mental institution? Probate judges have that power, you know.

Be very careful with your vote, damned outsiders.

T&G, how come you did not report Gamble's resposne on concelaed weapons licenses?
Tom

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
Excerpt from today's T&G
Turner said that he’s a
“card carrying weapon
holder” himself and supports
the analysis of the
mental state of each individual
seeking approval to possess
a weapon.
Gibbs said that she doesn’t
think her opinion is relevant
or necessary in
relation to her candidacy
for probate judge, saying
she would be in a position
to just “follow what the law
says and issue permits accordingly.”
Sweatt and Middleton
praised Gibbs’ response and
agreed.
Of course the law does not authorize him to do so, but what-the-hell, this is Camden County. With Bill Smith and all his Bible thumping admirers of his courageous victory (so far) over alcohol, what, short of a lawsuit, is to stop him?
For that matter, what is to stop him from having his own political enemies or those of his suppoters involuntary committed to a mental institution? Probate judges have that power, you know.
Be very careful with your vote, damned outsiders.
T&G, how come you did not report Gamble's resposne on concelaed weapons licenses?
Anyone that responds to the T&G political questions is tool for the paper and a fool for their campaign.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

No, this is not from the as yet unpublished questionnaire. They are quoting him from the Woodbine WOmens' Club forum.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Sorry, Rev.JudgeTurner, but the O.C.G.A. says you are talking out of your saved ass:

(J) Any person who has been hospitalized as an inpatient in any mental hospital or alcohol or drug treatment center within the five years immediately preceding the application. The judge of the probate court may require any applicant to sign a waiver authorizing any mental hospital or treatment center to inform the judge whether or not the applicant has been an inpatient in any such facility in the last five years and authorizing the superintendent of such facility to make to the judge a recommendation regarding whether the applicant is a threat to the safety of others and whether a license to carry a weapon should be issued. When such a waiver is required by the judge, the applicant shall pay a fee of $3.00 for reimbursement of the cost of making such a report by the mental health hospital, alcohol or drug treatment center, or the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities, which the judge shall remit to the hospital, center, or department. The judge shall keep any such hospitalization or treatment information confidential. It shall be at the discretion of the judge, considering the circumstances surrounding the hospitalization and the recommendation of the superintendent of the hospital or treatment center where the individual was a patient, to issue the weapons carry license or renewal license.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

But take heart, Rev. Judge Turner. The O.C.G.A> gives you two more long shot chances to smite your and/or your constituent's pistol-packing enemies.

(4) The law enforcement agency shall report to the judge of the probate court within 30 days, by telephone and in writing, of any findings relating to the applicant which may bear on his or her eligibility for a weapons carry license or renewal license under the terms of this Code section. When no derogatory information is found on the applicant bearing on his or her eligibility to obtain a license or renewal license, a report shall not be required. The law enforcement agency shall return the application and the blank license form with the fingerprint thereon directly to the judge of the probate court within such time period. Not later than ten days after the judge of the probate court receives the report from the law enforcement agency concerning the suitability of the applicant for a license, the judge of the probate court shall issue such applicant a license or renewal license to carry any weapon unless facts establishing ineligibility have been reported or unless the judge determines such applicant has not met all the qualifications, is not of good moral character, or has failed to comply with any of the requirements contained in this Code section. The judge of the probate court shall date stamp the report from the law enforcement agency to show the date on which the report was received by the judge of the probate court.

(e) Revocation, loss, or damage to license. If, at any time during the period for which the weapons carry license was issued, the judge of the probate court of the county in which the license was issued shall learn or have brought to his or her attention in any manner any reasonable ground to believe the licensee is not eligible to retain the license, the judge may, after notice and hearing, revoke the license of the person upon a finding that such person is not eligible for a weapons carry license pursuant to subsection (b) of this Code section or an adjudication of falsification of application, mental incompetency, or chronic alcohol or narcotic usage. It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a license which has been revoked, and any person found in possession of any such revoked license, except in the performance of his or her official duties, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

"unless facts establishing ineligibility have been reported or unless the judge determines such applicant has not met all the qualifications, is not of good moral character,.." O.C.G.A.

So, tell us, Rev. Judge Turner, would you consider agnosticism to be proof of a permit holder/applicant not being of "good moral character?"

Oops. Thats right. We will just have to wait until your ascension to the Holy Bench to find out, eh?

Be careful Camden - very careful.
Fair Warning

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Looks like the local GOB's are developing and plan and they are gonna getcha. Seek cover.

No more post about them marijuana houses in St Marys and the failure to prosecute certain individuals.

For all you know marijuana could be used in local religious ceremonies. We don't prosecute local farmers who give to the church.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Rev. Judge Turner, you should really check these folks out.

They produce both preachers' robes AND judges' robes. I'll bet they can whip up an approprite hybrid git-up for you next ministry.

Go for some eclisiastical color. Traditional black is so of the world.

Check 'em out.

https://www.murphyrobes.com/index.cfm... .

For off-the-Holy Bench wear, might I suggest the T.D. Jakes collection?
Bobby

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Moreno Jay wrote:
"unless facts establishing ineligibility have been reported or unless the judge determines such applicant has not met all the qualifications, is not of good moral character,.." O.C.G.A.
So, tell us, Rev. Judge Turner, would you consider agnosticism to be proof of a permit holder/applicant not being of "good moral character?"
Oops. Thats right. We will just have to wait until your ascension to the Holy Bench to find out, eh?
Be careful Camden - very careful.
I don't know about agnosticism but he might find that being more than a little nuts and openly making threats to shoot people might be good reason to deny a carry permit.

Be careful Jay - very careful.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Some interesting stats, especially for you anti-gun nuts.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/...

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Which states honor Georgia concealed carry permits?

SC came as a real surprise. What's up with them?

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/georgia.pdf
Simplistic dolt

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
Which states honor Georgia concealed carry permits?
SC came as a real surprise. What's up with them?
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/georgia.pdf
SC requires cw holders to complete a minimal training course.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

So does Florida but they honor ours. Sorry to hear Liberalism has made such inroads into SC.
wheres the beef

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

What was quoted in the paper is misleading. And Jay you must hate anyone who believes in God, is that the reason for your rants about Turner? If I remember correctly that was part of the discussion on the 2nd where he basically said guns don't kill, crazy people kill. The news paper just prints what it wants you to know.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

wheres the beef wrote:
What was quoted in the paper is misleading. And Jay you must hate anyone who believes in God, is that the reason for your rants about Turner? If I remember correctly that was part of the discussion on the 2nd where he basically said guns don't kill, crazy people kill. The news paper just prints what it wants you to know.
Not sure or care what Jay's religious beliefs are/are not, but there is a difference between an agnostic and an atheist.
Terry

Woodbine, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Jay has just guaranteed Martin a victory. Thanks Jay.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

That was a foregone conclusion anway.

There are two entities capable of political coronations in Camden County - Bill Smith and bigoted fundamentalists. Turner has both in his corner.
Well

Fernandina Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Moreno, your prejudice against anything "native Camden" and your attempt to vilify a man I doubt you have met belies your claim of superior intelligence. I am surprised a man of your intellect would stoop to infantile labeling. Such tactics are normally found in illiterate persons and spun out of fear.

Why not ask the man to meet with you for lunch one day......and make an informed opinion on anything other than hearsay.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Martin and I have known each other for years. I used to exercise at his gym.

I saw him at the courthosue probably the very day that he registered for this race.

He came over to me and feigned not being quite sure it was me ("Say, aren't you Jay Moreno? Yahda, yahda.)

Martin's late mother called me a couple of tmes and asked me to go easy on his sister, Mary Ann Semans, when she was Bill Smith's campaign manager.

During that period, I've gotten the stink eye from Martin numerous times in Walmart but now he's my buddy.

I rather prefer folks who are who they are 24/7/365 - like me.
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
Sorry, Rev.JudgeTurner, but the O.C.G.A. says you are talking out of your saved ass:
(J) Any person who has been hospitalized as an inpatient in any mental hospital or alcohol or drug treatment center within the five years immediately preceding the application.
Correct me please, but I don't think any of the more recent crazies (Newtown, AZ, CO, Va Tech had actually been hospitalized before these events. We need protection from all the crazies even the vets. Google Steven Dale Green, a crazy with a military waiver who shamed all who have served.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Woodbine Discussions

Search the Woodbine Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Food stamp recipients outnumber full-time worki... 9 min Billy Sol Estes7987 17
Tax Refund Siezure 27 min LonePalm 2
Debate between incumbent and challeger for Stat... 32 min Saint Maries Authority 15
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 35 min TruthBTold 39,271
Republican Party in Camden disintegrates 1 hr Rhinos 2
Tru Green true? Hardly! 2 hr Chinch Bug 11
More Republican slime 3 hr rip 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Woodbine Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Woodbine People Search