Man accused of using 'date rape drug'

Nov 19, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Alton Telegraph

A Madison County grand jury Friday indicted a Troy man on four counts of criminal sexual assault and one count of unauthorized video recording after police became suspicious that he was using GHB, also known as the "date rape drug." Byron D. Skalisius, 49, was indicted after an investigation of more than two years by the Glen Carbon Police ...

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Dec 29, 2012
phone tag1

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

Why was this story not in the Troy paper?
Rocks Rules

Marrero, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

It seems Troy tries not to inform the pubic.
We never did hear more about the break in stabbing in Troy.
Makes you wonder what we really don't know!
Rocks Rules

Marrero, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

Sorry, Public,,,,LOL
many think it i say it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

town leaders in the surrounding area have been doing that for years. it's no surprise, their all shady, always have been. so many things get swept under the carpet. they fear their tax dollars will up and move to a truly safer town.
Thingsu Dontknow

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

Judged:

The person this artical is about (if you've kept up with the case) doesn't really have anything against him. He was caught without incident by the DEA. The woman who claims to be the victim kept allowing him to come over to her house every night for drinks in the hot tub...one night he may have gotten a little frisky, but who's to say she didnt want it then and is regretting it now. That's what you call a one night stand. I know the person the artical is about...and I know he was a little forward, but if she would have just said no to him, he would have backed off. He has like 4 kids. He knows when to keep his cool. There are over 120 people that he has worked with in the past several years who would attest to my side of the story who need tohave his back for him. He's not a bad guy.
many think it i say it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Thingsu Dontknow wrote:
The person this artical is about (if you've kept up with the case) doesn't really have anything against him. He was caught without incident by the DEA. The woman who claims to be the victim kept allowing him to come over to her house every night for drinks in the hot tub...one night he may have gotten a little frisky, but who's to say she didnt want it then and is regretting it now. That's what you call a one night stand. I know the person the artical is about...and I know he was a little forward, but if she would have just said no to him, he would have backed off. He has like 4 kids. He knows when to keep his cool. There are over 120 people that he has worked with in the past several years who would attest to my side of the story who need tohave his back for him. He's not a bad guy.
represent him in court then, lol. Who cares? read the other comments. no one mentions the particular crime. the discussion really is nothing about Mr. hot tub lover. it's about how these towns hide reported crimes from the community.
any time

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

I worked with this man for a few years. We also hung out AS FRIENDS on several occasions. Unless he has drastically changed, there is no way on earth that he would do something like this. I am a female, and I NEVER felt uncomfortable around him, or witnessed any "strange" behavior. We worked in an office together that was the size of a broom closet. He never made any sort of pass at me (or anyone else) while in my presence. My kids loved talking to him when they would call my work. He is extremely funny and really does a heart of gold. The one thing that he talked about the most were his kids. He was always giving me updates about them and showing anyone who would look, pictures of his kids or bringing them in to work to show them off (very proud father). If I were called today to speak on his behalf, I would not think twice about it. I have spoken with a couple of our prior co-workers (female) about this. They are in COMPLETE shock (as I am), and know that he is a great person and is not capable of these things. Like I said, unless he is just a completely different person than he was a few years ago, there is NO WAY that he would take advantage of a female!!!! I hope that the truth comes out, especially for his childrens' sake. p.s. Before anyone says it, no I am not fat or ugly. You would think that if he were a pervert, he would have at least tried to make SOME kind of move on me. NOT ONCE!!!!
Khead

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

He is guilty....the drug screening showed that there was GHB in her system. I have personally met this scum bag, and it doesn't surprise me to hear this. He is a total low life. And there are more than one person coming forward about separate incidents. Coincidence? I think not. The evidence is there...he's GUILTY!!!!!
LStACKs

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Khead wrote:
He is guilty....the drug screening showed that there was GHB in her system. I have personally met this scum bag, and it doesn't surprise me to hear this. He is a total low life. And there are more than one person coming forward about separate incidents. Coincidence? I think not. The evidence is there...he's GUILTY!!!!!
hey buddy f you, this is his 18 year old son Lukas Skalisius and that "women" is a lunetic and there is suspicion she took the GHB just to go after him in court. All u assholes saying bad shit about my dad comes back at me at school or anywhere i go amd i would appriciate it if you stopped. I mean keep ur opinions to urself, no reason to screw over his kids. P.s. if u wana talk shit on my dad dont hide behind the internet, say it to my face!
family freind

Sedalia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Byron love using date rape drugs on chicks he thinks its cool and isn't sorry
your boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Sounds like the son has the same attitude as the dad. That would be a bad attitide. I guess its like they say. Like father like son
LStACKs

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

your boy wrote:
Sounds like the son has the same attitude as the dad. That would be a bad attitide. I guess its like they say. Like father like son
i dont usually have a bad attitude and this just make me mad because im getting bashed on and whatnot at school about it. Im just sayning tone it down please because it is ruining my life and i did nothing. Sorry for my pissed off post
LStACKs

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

family freind wrote:
Byron love using date rape drugs on chicks he thinks its cool and isn't sorry
really? "FamilyFriend" this is his son Lukas and where did u come up with this?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

any time wrote:
I worked with this man for a few years. We also hung out AS FRIENDS on several occasions. Unless he has drastically changed, there is no way on earth that he would do something like this. I am a female, and I NEVER felt uncomfortable around him, or witnessed any "strange" behavior. We worked in an office together that was the size of a broom closet. He never made any sort of pass at me (or anyone else) while in my presence. My kids loved talking to him when they would call my work. He is extremely funny and really does a heart of gold. The one thing that he talked about the most were his kids. He was always giving me updates about them and showing anyone who would look, pictures of his kids or bringing them in to work to show them off (very proud father). If I were called today to speak on his behalf, I would not think twice about it. I have spoken with a couple of our prior co-workers (female) about this. They are in COMPLETE shock (as I am), and know that he is a great person and is not capable of these things. Like I said, unless he is just a completely different person than he was a few years ago, there is NO WAY that he would take advantage of a female!!!! I hope that the truth comes out, especially for his childrens' sake. p.s. Before anyone says it, no I am not fat or ugly. You would think that if he were a pervert, he would have at least tried to make SOME kind of move on me. NOT ONCE!!!!
OF course he wouldnt want a Granite City trash woman. Hes smart enough to avoid STDs and the crabs
MEOW

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

hey stop being so damn mean alrighht. lukas didnt do anything and none of you guys know the real story so before you start accusing get the real facts. and maybe yall should look in the mirror! WORRY ABOUT YOUR LIFE NOT HIS. thankssss
jill

Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

phone tag1 wrote:
Why was this story not in the Troy paper?
not sure if it has anything to do with it but....his mother is a Troy school teacher has been for years.
Bill

Bridgeton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Khead wrote:
There was no GHB in her system at all! I was at the court hearings! They have no evidence at alL!
ummm

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no GHB in her system at all! I was at the court hearings! They have no evidence at alL!
Is that why he was found guilty?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wood River Discussions

Search the Wood River Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,865
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Tue KrisChristie 1,854
Attorney in drug trafficking case gets sentenced (May '08) Jul 20 Ray Isreal 14
Bar fight leads to charge of aggravated battery (Mar '06) Jul 20 Obama Is A Kneegar 2
Man on okcupid dating site (Dec '13) Jul 19 Missh0605 5
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 16 rdarbin 641
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wood River Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wood River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••