Ghouls, goblins and more take over Br...

Ghouls, goblins and more take over Broadway for Alton's Halloween parade

There are 1 comment on the Alton Telegraph story from Oct 30, 2010, titled Ghouls, goblins and more take over Broadway for Alton's Halloween parade. In it, Alton Telegraph reports that:

The Halloween spirit was out in full force Saturday night as Dracula, witches, an elf ranger and Medusa lined the parade route for the city's 94th annual Halloween parade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alton Telegraph.

Terri

Alton, IL

#1 Nov 1, 2010
There was a great turn out for the Alton Parade this year. But I have never been so disappointed. Between the Policeman that would not let me pick up my husband that is disabled where he was lining up a float for the cub scouts, and the people "begging" for candy...Wow....times have sure changed. I am so sad that no one cares for each other anymore.
I spoke to a lot of police officers since the event and everyone said the same thing. Someone was abusing his authority. The parade officials had just told me and my husband to go on through, when the officer stopped me dead as if I was a murderer. He was very rude. Told me if my husband couldn't walk that I should have a wheelchair and I could go get him. Well I too am disabled, but he did not want to hear that. This was very early in the line up and the road was totally clear. I am not sure if her thought I was going to hijack the parade or what?

Sad moments from the parade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wood River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) 11 hr SisterMarie 109
Criminals scamming elderly victims Aug 10 MamaSays 1
who was n the motorcycle wreck last weekend Aug 10 who 1
kristen poshard go! to work for 92k Aug 3 17knives 1
Sex Trafficking Aug 3 amethyst 3
24 hr laundromat and car wash Aug 3 amethyst 1
gay sex (May '15) Aug 3 Just curious 7

Wood River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wood River Mortgages