Driver being chased by Pontoon Beach police dies in crash

An 18-year-old man from Granite City was killed early Friday after he lost control of a car during a high-speed police chase. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
stlsweetie

Belleville, IL

#1 Jan 6, 2007
i know the boy that was in the car with TIm Baker... thats just crazy that something like that could happen
dwai

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Jan 6, 2007
stlsweetie wrote:
i know the boy that was in the car with TIm Baker... thats just crazy that something like that could happen
who was the other boy?
Joey Votoupal

Saint Peters, MO

#3 Jan 8, 2007
I want to know why the man who was like my brother was being chased for pumping gas!! Thats right they started their chase at a gas station after the car had been parked and gas had been paid for!! Yet they had not known it was stolen until after Tims death. I want these answers and I am going to keep looking until I get them.
Joey Votoupal

Saint Peters, MO

#4 Jan 8, 2007
I know who the other boy was.
Big Momma

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jan 8, 2007
The police didn't know at the time the car was stolen... Then why the chase?... and the poor young man with him... no wonder he was in shock... Seems there are many things that need to be answered isn't there Mr Innocent? It appears as of now... our new souped up police cars maybe a nit more than what we need
mr innocent

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jan 8, 2007
they knew the car was hot and they had been chasing the little prick during the previous night into the early morning with several call-offs... the little prick died and got what he deserved...
mr innocent

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jan 8, 2007
call the states attorneys office with your ignorant questions
Big Momma

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jan 8, 2007
mr innocent wrote:
call the states attorneys office with your ignorant questions
You know the only thing I hate more than stupid ignorant people ... are BIGOTS and cold unfeeling people like you ... the ones who know it all and ASSume they are perfect and know it all... you seem to be one of the most inhumane people I have run across in a long time ... wonder how many skeletons are in your closet Mr Not So Innocent .... did your Momma ignore you and raise you to be the way you are? You must have been an unloved child to feel the way you do .... No one and I mean NO ONE not even YOU deserve to die as that young man did... no matter what the reason... hell you didnt even have any EMPATHY for the poor dog that was killed either... guess it was just a dumb animal right?... Tell ya what... with people like you in this town ... no wonder it is the way it is... makes me wonder why I ever moved here at times ... fortunately I have met many good and kind people which helps with comming across narrow minded idiots who ASSume they are with out sin or problems ... Good thing I have alot of EMPATHY for people ... other wise I would be letting idots who talk like you run me out of a town which has potential to be a good place
Big Momma

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 8, 2007
OH ya Mr Innocent

Just in case your narrow mind doesn't understand what EMPATHY is I am putting it here for you... I ASSume you will know from reading it what it means but then again maybe not...

em·pa·thy /ˈɛmp&#6 01;θi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[em-puh-thee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.
2. the imaginative ascribing to an object, as a natural object or work of art, feelings or attitudes present in oneself: By means of empathy, a great painting becomes a mirror of the self.
[Origin: 1900–05; < Gk empátheia affection, equiv. to em- em-2 + path-(base of páschein to suffer)+-eia -ia; present meaning translates G Einfühlung]

—Synonyms 1. See sympathy.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary,© Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
em·pa·thy (&#283;m'p&#601;-th &#275;) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives. See Synonyms at pity.
2. The attribution of one's own feelings to an object.

[en-2 +-pathy (translation of German Einfühlung).]

(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
WordNet - Cite This Source
empathy

noun
understanding and entering into another's feelings

WordNet® 2.1,© 2005 Princeton University
American Heritage New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition - Cite This Source
empathy [(em-puh-thee)]

Identifying oneself completely with an object or person, sometimes even to the point of responding physically, as when, watching a baseball player swing at a pitch, one feels one's own muscles flex.

[Chapter:] Anthropology, Psychology, and Sociology

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source

em·pa·thy (mp-th)
n.

1. Direct identification with, understanding of, and vicarious experience of another person's situation, feelings, and motives.
2. The projection of one's own feelings or emotional state onto an object or animal.

empa·thetic (-thtk) or em·pathic (-pthk) adj.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source

Main Entry: em·pa·thy
Pronunciation:'em-p&-thE
Function: noun
Inflected Form: plural -thies
1 : the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it
2 : the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also : the capacity for empathy
mr innocent

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jan 8, 2007
lol @ big momma
hmmm

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jan 9, 2007
Why chase? YOu cannot chase what doesn't run. How will anyone respect police if everytime they put on their siren, people don't pull over but decide to gun it. And then the police every single time say... oh well he ran so I can't chase him. Rapists murderers thieves run because they have no respect for their community, and should be taken off the streets, why make it harder for them to get people out of our community that don't care about our property our lives our community.
Frogg

Belleville, IL

#12 Jan 9, 2007
Granite city il. Mr. Innocent hey fuck you pal if you would to tell me where you live or what your full name is i would find you and beat your ass the men in the car were my two best friends and you have no right to talk about them like that. if some one talked to your friends like that you wouldn't be very happy. yeah Tim made a mistake everybody does he just had to pay the ultimate consequence. but he's in a safe and better place now, he had his meeting with God just as we all will one day and there ain't no changing that but just like big momma said we all hope you feel guilty and can't sleep at night for not having a little sympathy and empathy for Tim and his family. so i all got to say is by to Tim your my boy and always will be and you'll stay in my heart and thoughts I LOVE YOU AND REST IN PEACE.
Timothy A. Baker 1988 TO 1-5-07
From David A.K.A FROGG
Frogg

Belleville, IL

#13 Jan 9, 2007
Hey frogg here mr. innocent in case your wondering roxanna il is wrong this computer is gay i live in west granite on Bryan street in case your a little hot about the comment i left for you. and joey don't be a stranger halla at me some time and tell little montey to give me a call or come by i like to see you all before i go back to colege. keep the funny and true comments coming toward that ass hole Mr. not so innocent, Big Momma.

Peace Frogg
MONTE

Belleville, IL

#17 Jan 10, 2007
mr. Innocent my name is monte ritchie i want to be your best friend you should email me at ritchie monte @ yahoo .com
MONTE

Belleville, IL

#18 Jan 10, 2007
MY ADDRESS IS 5-15 THORNGATE ROAD GRANITE CITY ILLINOIS
mr innocent

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jan 10, 2007
looks like some people's panties got in a wad... ahhhhh... internet intimidation... i know who one of you are and all i can say is...

ROFLMAO...

you would shit if you knew who i was...
Big Momma

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Jan 10, 2007
I know who Mr Innocent is now. I am rather shocked now that I know. It changed my perspective once he and I talked.
thr3Esom3

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Jan 10, 2007
Alright kiddies, enough already.
Wilma

Columbia, MO

#22 Jan 10, 2007
Timmy was a sweet boy and the way he died was VERY tragic. first the gas was NOT paid for and that is why the chase started in the frist place, the car had not been reported stolen until around 9 am that morning when the people relized that the car was missing. Timmy had been involved in a lot of things and he finally got stuck in a rut, he wasnt lucky this time. The police were chasing him over a dumb tank of gas and that is why he is gone, yea it was a stupid mistake. I pray to God that nothing like this will every happen again. It is so tragic how people die, and especially in the ways.
Reagan

Maryland Heights, MO

#23 Jan 10, 2007
Frogg wrote:
Hey frogg here mr. innocent in case your wondering roxanna il is wrong this computer is gay i live in west granite on Bryan street in case your a little hot about the comment i left for you. and joey don't be a stranger halla at me some time and tell little montey to give me a call or come by i like to see you all before i go back to colege. keep the funny and true comments coming toward that ass hole Mr. not so innocent, Big Momma.
Peace Frogg
Hi Frogg - Reagan here. I just want to let you know that I sincerely appreciate the defense for Tim that you put out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wood River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Outlaws MC (Sep '09) Nov 19 I love him 100
Rita Vanpelt murder Nov 19 Danger 1
Kyle Lamere Nov 16 Jennifer 10
More Layoffs Comming To Olin Nov 13 Brian 2
Does it really suck working for Olin-Winchester (Aug '09) Nov 12 Brian 140
Car Surfing Nov 10 ikr 2
Schools Nov 9 Your Tax Dollars 1
Wood River Dating
Find my Match

Wood River People Search