Does it really suck working for Olin-...
bull crap

Edwardsville, IL

#104 Nov 27, 2012
Oooh wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't blame Olin for getting upset at the workers who live far away and get snowed in. Just as you have the right to live far away, Olin doesn't have to be happy about it when you call in "snowed in". It's not their fault that you choose to live where they don't plow often enough. To be at "snowed in" condition is ridiculous or more. We haven't that that kind of snow in 20 years! You just "wanted" to be snowed in....
Perhaps you should be an artist for the State of Illinois-Drawing unemployment!
oh so you no all about olin do you. well if ur from Tokyo how the hell would u know what our weather is here... if u dont work for olin or no some one that does then mind your own business because you wouldnt know how they treat people it is unfair my best friend just got walked out for the dumbest thing ever he took a vacation day that he had and the next day they walked him out they didnt tell him on the phone that they didnt approve it they waited for the next day witch is unfair so i agree with big daddy and as far as you saying that they should draw uneplyment us men and women work hard for our money and shouldnt be treated unfair
Oxford

Jerseyville, IL

#105 Nov 28, 2012
bull crap wrote:
<quoted text>
oh so you no all about olin do you. well if ur from Tokyo how the hell would u know what our weather is here... if u dont work for olin or no some one that does then mind your own business because you wouldnt know how they treat people it is unfair my best friend just got walked out for the dumbest thing ever he took a vacation day that he had and the next day they walked him out they didnt tell him on the phone that they didnt approve it they waited for the next day witch is unfair so i agree with big daddy and as far as you saying that they should draw uneplyment us men and women work hard for our money and shouldnt be treated unfair
Your friend must have used up his 5 days of emergency vacation
big d

Brighton, IL

#106 Nov 28, 2012
you all dont know crap...... fu#k oxford
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#107 Dec 3, 2012
No big deal if it sucks. You will all be out of a job soon enough and you can go on welfare like most f the Illinos morons these days
olin employee

Murphysboro, IL

#108 Dec 13, 2012
Half Dead wrote:
60plus hours per week is not unusual. The point system means that you can't be sick, can't attend children's school events, can't be off for ANY reason. Called off from the hospital and was given a point! Your doctor can say that you are deathly ill but unless OLIN says so (and they never do!), you must come in to work--or else. Management cares more about the machines in the building than the workers. Yes, the pay is good and I am grateful to have a job but, please, treat us like people...not robots!!

That aint no lie medical at olin wont. Send u home unless ur an inch from death ive been ther. For 3 years now ,its dumb for how the system works only reason y I stay is because the pay thats it
holy cheeses

Hicksville, NY

#109 Dec 13, 2012
big bubba wrote:
i have worked at olin for 32 yrs now and you think it sucked when you worked there work there now i dare you ? i have vacation time of 5 weeks i fill i have a target on my back like many otheres that have a lot of time we have been hearing that management would be cut 6 months ago there still there running the place more stuid than ever yea thats right wayne beddie grege danials and shanana thats right the cocked eyed bitch that thinks she can put her hands on anybody let the cocked eyed dog put here fhilty hands on me and for sam her hubby he;s a rat snitch that should been fired what 4 safty vilations ago
one word: Punctuation.
big d

Brighton, IL

#110 Dec 13, 2012
Steve Brunough is a dumb ass
Hmmm

AOL

#111 Dec 15, 2012
Thing that got me was/is the quality. I was not impressed seeing workers cover up quality issues to protect themselves. You can't fight a skunk and come out smelling like a rose.
big d

Brighton, IL

#112 Dec 15, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
Thing that got me was/is the quality. I was not impressed seeing workers cover up quality issues to protect themselves. You can't fight a skunk and come out smelling like a rose.
don't blame the union workers , sure it happens..... but usually gets stopped before it gets to far.. but then management steps in and says its ok send it out, then when a problem arises the mismanagement knows nothing.. and there-fore the union employees get blamed..
czam

Old Saybrook, CT

#113 Jan 6, 2013
What a shame. My dad and my sister worked for them many years ago. Sounds like they're taking on the Chinese employment practices. Employees are not company expenses, they are company assets. If your company doesn't make you rich enough to treat your emploees correctly, then, you suck as a company.
mark bigger

Canal Winchester, OH

#114 Jan 22, 2013
Heatermike wrote:
You shot yourselves in the foot.. You cut your own throats. Have you looked at the employment availabilities in the area other than what you had?
Gonna just sit on unemployment for 100 weeks? Thanks, from the non-union workers who will pay for that unemployment. P. S. The area is flooded with handymen and HVAC guys already...
you forget union wages help non-union wages when one goes up so do the others. the same goes with benefits. When unions were formed they formed due to employers 7 day work weeks, low pay ,health insurance and so on.... if their were not unions you would still be working those 7 days weeks with no ins or benes
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#115 Jan 24, 2013
Have you seen the new robotics? working robots can be utilixed at 3.25 pwr hour with no holidays, fringes or benefits. Let the union dodos walk...they are not needed
big d

Brighton, IL

#116 Jan 24, 2013
Brian wrote:
Have you seen the new robotics? working robots can be utilixed at 3.25 pwr hour with no holidays, fringes or benefits. Let the union dodos walk...they are not needed
Brian your a dumb ass
big d

Brighton, IL

#117 Jan 24, 2013
and probably on wel-fare
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#118 Jan 24, 2013
Better yet have you seen the new laser guided forklifts at the warehouses? soon forklift drivers will no longer be needed en mass meaning lower costs for the consumer.
What a big win for America and at this rate, companies will be moving back here instead of running to China to escape the union bozos
jack

Saint Peters, MO

#119 Mar 23, 2013
WaWaaaWaaaaaa wrote:
Same old flag waving working class who waves the same guns and ammo proudly and stupidly against liberals. Well, conservative muffin humpers...your conservative buddies have been selling you out for decades. But you still play the whining grumpy shills for the outsourcing repubs. Get over it. Make your own good job like they used to. Quit drinking, breeding stair step kids and watching reality shows and learn enough to do it. With the internet you really have no excuse not to. Unless you like to whine in forums about how your mac daddy corp bosses with teats you suck from daily are so mean to you. Why as smart as yuou all are it should be a snap. After all, your dumber than a box of rocks to hear you tell it bosses did it.
anyone know what the hell this moron is talking about?
big d

Brighton, IL

#120 Mar 24, 2013
brian, another dumb-
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#121 Mar 24, 2013
Well Olin will be gone soon enough thanks to the Union greed, high taxes and corrupt politicians
The three sised pyramid of losing employers thanks to the good Democrat voters of Madison County Illinois
(enjoy your food stamps)
CASH

Saint Louis, MO

#122 Apr 18, 2013
TO ANY MALE WHO IS OR HAS WORKED AT THE BRASS MILL WITHIN THE LAST THREE YEARS AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SOME CASH RELEASING INFO. ON A FEMALE EMPLOYEE. SUCH AS THE CAR SHE DRIVES, LICENSE PLATES, WORK SCHEDULE, AND HOME ADDRESS, PLEASE REPLY WITH YOUR CELL NUMBER AND I WILL CONTACT YOU. CASH WILL NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL INFO. CAN BE VERIFIED TRUE.
CASH

Belleville, IL

#123 Apr 20, 2013
TO ANY MALE OR FEMALE WANTING TO MAKE SOME CASH. NEED HOME ADDRESS, WORK SCHEDULE AT BRASS MILL, MAKE AND MODEL OF AUTO SHE DRIVES, LICENSE PLATES, ANY OR ALL INFO. CASH READY AND WILL BE GIVEN WHEN INFO IS PROVEN CORRECT. WILL WORK OUT A HALF NOW HALF LATER PAYMENT, WHATEVER IT TAKES. JUST RESPOND IN THIS BLOG AND LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN CONTACT YOU, I DO NOT NEED YOUR NAME.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wood River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Illinois school toughs it out without A/C Tue DARPA 1
kristin duich Aug 25 got smart 1
John Griggs Aug 23 Jon Griggs 1
Jason Plummer Aug 21 Mr BIG JT 2
News Attorney in drug trafficking case gets sentenced (May '08) Aug 19 Say yes to dope 17
Police in Fairmont are jokes Aug 16 shutdowngraniteci... 3
new police chief in pontoon Aug 14 motox6 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wood River Mortgages