Berks man killed in freak accident

Apr 9, 2010 Read more: Lebanon Daily News
A 41-year-old Berks County man died Friday in a freak tree-trimming accident at a home in the densely-wooded Spring Hill Acres area of the borough. Read more
wizardofoz

Lebanon, PA

#1 Apr 10, 2010
"gingerly"?????
I don't know that that is a word that should be used when someone has passed away! A more appropriate word could have been used--carefully, etc., or left out completely.
go back to oz

Lebanon, PA

#2 Apr 10, 2010
gin.ger.ly ADV. With great care or delicacy; cautiously. adj.Cautious; careful.
so whats wrong with that?

R.I.P. Mr. Pieller
Gingerly

Lebanon, PA

#3 Apr 12, 2010
I believe it was the best word to describe it. Don't see what the problem is there...
jmb

Mountain Top, PA

#4 Apr 12, 2010
those davey tree employees should be ashamed of there self for not puttin a pair of spikes on and climbing that tree to save him 99% of tree workers are trained how to do a tree rescue and i feel they could have done more. i know brian he was a good man that would help you out if you need it iam also employed at davey tree different branch and i wouldn't have been so lazy i would have done a better job at trying.
CSP

Reading, PA

#5 Apr 14, 2010
jmb wrote:
those davey tree employees should be ashamed of there self for not puttin a pair of spikes on and climbing that tree to save him 99% of tree workers are trained how to do a tree rescue and i feel they could have done more. i know brian he was a good man that would help you out if you need it iam also employed at davey tree different branch and i wouldn't have been so lazy i would have done a better job at trying.
That was my question! Why didn't someone hook the tree and bring him down? I don't know about Davey, but most crews I have worked with the bucket operator and atleast one ground man knows how to do a tree rescue. Otherwise whos there to save the guys they work with? Its unfortunate. Any loss is a terrible thing and it makes me rethink the training the guys that work with me should have. Rest In Peace Brian

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Womelsdorf Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 8 hr The Bobster 619
Poll What should be done with all the priests who se... (Mar '11) 18 hr memyselfandi 5
News Tough Times Hit Shelter (Oct '10) 22 hr someone who sees ... 6
Review: Bee Your Hair Thu Hmmm 3
These Children need your help!!! (Feb '11) Thu Holotta Wytrache 3
News Judge: Mom Can Sue Sperm Bank For Daughter'S De... (Apr '09) Thu Holotta Wytrache 5
SEPTA Sucks (Feb '09) Thu LLL 2

Fire Warning for Berks County was issued at April 18 at 3:12AM EDT

More from around the web

Womelsdorf People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]