Where should an outer Lubbock Loop go?

Where should an outer Lubbock Loop go?

There are 7 comments on the KCBD-TV Lubbock story from Sep 3, 2009, titled Where should an outer Lubbock Loop go?. In it, KCBD-TV Lubbock reports that:

If Lubbock had an outer Loop , where would it go? That's the question TxDOT is asking right now as it plans the route for an outer loop.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBD-TV Lubbock.

2Feathers

Lubbock, TX

#1 Sep 5, 2009
In my opinion, Lubbock needs an outer loop like it needs or thinks it needs to spend more taxpayer money to build another road, think about it, we got by just fine for over 50 years before they thought we needed a freeway from east 4th St. to Brnfld. hiwy , which has been a mess from the start, why can't they think of better use of the money, like pay raises for the officers and other responders?, finish what you start before you ask about another road.
JDW

United States

#2 Sep 5, 2009
I concur with 2Feathers about 50%. Looking to the future, however, it would be better (and cheaper) to act/build now rather than later. But I don't think an outer loop would be the smartest thing. Growth in Lubbock is 95% west and south.

What I think they ought to do is to widen the existing loop now. Or build an elevated HOV two lanes in each direction.
Mike

Humble, TX

#3 Feb 28, 2010
I think Lubbock DOES need an outer loop. I actually can't believe TxDOT is looking into the future to recognize the problem BEFORE it's too late. I lived in Lubbock for 4 years when I was a student at Texas Tech. I couldn't believe how fast that city grew in just 4 years! Land value in the recognized area of the outer loop is relatively cheap NOW, but wait 30 years and see how expensive that land becomes when they DO need it.

It's funny, taxpayers complain when TxDOT is proactive and complain even more when they wait too late to address a problem. In conclusion, TxDOT is doing the right thing for Lubbock!
FreedomFighter

Arlington, TX

#4 Mar 1, 2010
This...
Mike wrote:
I think Lubbock DOES need an outer loop. I actually can't believe TxDOT is looking into the future to recognize the problem BEFORE it's too late. I lived in Lubbock for 4 years when I was a student at Texas Tech. I couldn't believe how fast that city grew in just 4 years! Land value in the recognized area of the outer loop is relatively cheap NOW, but wait 30 years and see how expensive that land becomes when they DO need it.
It's funny, taxpayers complain when TxDOT is proactive and complain even more when they wait too late to address a problem. In conclusion, TxDOT is doing the right thing for Lubbock!
Hubber

Greenville, TX

#5 Mar 9, 2010
An outer loop will be conducive to growth.

Since: May 10

Levelland, TX

#6 May 18, 2010
I agree
Sunshadow

Lubbock, TX

#7 May 28, 2011
The Outer Loop of Lubbock would be : on the east side it would follow FM 1729 down to Co Rd 7600 ( woodrow Rd. )On the south side, then over to FM 179 on the west side of Lubbock then to Fm 129 ( Drew Street )on the north side and meet up on the East side back to FM 1729. With Lubbock growing the way it is, an outer loop will be needed. Keeping traffic moving in and around Lubbock an outer loop will be needed. I remember when Loop 289 was built, I thought that Lubbock would never grow to it. Lubbock as grown out side of the loop so much an outer Loop will be very much needed. The roads I have used here, Lubbock has already grown to them. And perhaps the outer Loop would need to be farther out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wolfforth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lubbock, TX (Jul '10) 15 hr Bill Kritzer 104
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 17 hr Fart Grad 898
Drake Routier - Darlie Routier's son (Sep '09) 21 hr Here2Opine 478
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 23 hr Any farts 738
News Racist Texas Teacher Fired Jun 26 duh 296
Anyone know April Lovell, daughter of Bud? Jun 26 Anonymous 1
Any one know April Lovell, Bud's daughter? Jun 26 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Wolfforth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Wolfforth Mortgages