Review: Knockout Fitness

Posted in the Wittmann Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sunshine0004

Tempe, AZ

#1 Jun 14, 2010
When I walked in to Knockout it seemed to be just right up my alley. I liked the class schedules and what they had to offer. I tried out the older instructors class one night and was excited to get back in. Then I tried one of the Asian guys class and it was not the same at all. So I gave it another try in the evening later in the week with the other Asian guy. I have to say I was very unimpressed. I felt like the combinations were confusing and there was no flow to them. Also the workouts were no where as challenging as the older mans class. After taking a few classes it was very apparent that this gym was an image of something good, but it was just that an image. While I was there I realized how unprofessional some of the trainers or coaches are, and made me feel uncomfortable with their sexual advances. I have decided to take my business to a more professional establishment!
Vincent

Glendale, AZ

#2 Jun 21, 2010
Knockout fitness completely sucks! I wouldn't recommend that place to anybody! All the instructors are horrible there and don't care about the students needs. The first day that I worked out there I was beaten to a pulp in the ring by a tall hispanic instructor. He seemed not to like me for some reason and would stare me down and harass me everytime I walked in the place. There was another incident where a short stocky hawaiian instructor demanded that I sparred with him in the ring! So I did and he kicked me repeatedly in the thigh so hard that I almost couldn't walk for a week and I saw where he almost knocked out another student out in the ring and he seemed very uncaring about it. I just couldn't take it anymore! I took my business else where!
Fitmaddness

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jun 21, 2010
I have to say WHAT is with all the kids running around in there ALL the time! I thought this was a gym not a playground! When I signed up I did not see any sign ups for childcare. Then to have some of the trainers there bringing their kids in too. I understand there are times under emergency situations where you might have to bring your child to work with you, but on a routine basis is another thing. I want to workout, NOT worry about kids running all over, interrupting, getting in my face. This is my workout time and place! If I wanted to workout with children all around me then I would have joined Gymboree!
SurpriseGuy

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Jun 22, 2010
Hey Vincent you might like this. I was sent to spar with the same "short stocky hawaiian instructor" you were. I kicked his butt all over the ring. Did they tell me good fight? No, they told me not to come back - ever. Bunch of babies, that's all.
Air M

Chandler, AZ

#5 Jun 26, 2010
Initially, I was going to the group cardio classes. At first it was good for me but now their routines has become monotonous and my interest in the classes have faded. I'm disappointed in the staff because I made suggestions to change some of the classes for more unconventional members and my request is obviously been ignored.
Just a suggestion to anyone looking into going here, don't sign a lengthy contract and find out what other members are paying before you get ripped off. Ask around because no one is paying the same price.
Air M

Chandler, AZ

#6 Jun 26, 2010
SurpriseGuy wrote:
Hey Vincent you might like this. I was sent to spar with the same "short stocky hawaiian instructor" you were. I kicked his butt all over the ring. Did they tell me good fight? No, they told me not to come back - ever. Bunch of babies, that's all.
That's funny!!! I think this place seems more interested in training kids. Cuz they know real mean can wipe the floor with them.
Da Bomb

Tempe, AZ

#7 Sep 16, 2010
I am FURIOUS about the way Knockout’s owners are treating me. I want to cancel my contract and go to another gym because I‘m not happy with my “private” training. I don’t appreciate being told to come on certain days only to have my training time delayed or canceled. I’m just as busy as the next guy and I expect this to be professionally handled. The owner tells me there is no way out of his contract and I need to pay! Well see about that!!
BeenThere

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Sep 17, 2010
Bunch of girls playing slappy face is all. That porky little foreign guy is a wanna be and a joke. C'mon Doroty learn to fight for real!
Bob

Glendale, AZ

#9 Sep 29, 2010
I signed up here at Knockout shortly after they first opened and I still go consistently. I enjoy the cardio classes and the way the class schedule is,I can always find time to go! The staff and the gym itself have a great atmosphere. I also like the fight nights they hold every couple of months!
Been There

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Sep 30, 2010
Glad you like it Bobbi. It should be called Knocked Up Fitness because all you get there is screwed!
Get Real

Glendale, AZ

#11 Oct 8, 2010
You people are obviously bitter! I've been going for 2 months and my membership price is beyond fair. I like the classes a lot and often go to classes with different instructors to mix it up. This is not LA Fitness...it's a boxing gym. The focus is boxing and of course cardio & MMA. The owner has been nothing but professional and fair as well as all instructors. This place has been open for 2 years and in this economy wouldn't still be surviving if they were ripping people off and heartless. Get a life and just realize that maybe this wasn't the place for you and move on. This is the first gym that I've actually stayed consistant with and I enjoy going. I also live 20 minutes away and have no problem driving that distance for a gym that I enjoy. It actually has a neigborly/family feel to it...Glad the negative people left!
Faith Always

Surprise, AZ

#12 Nov 22, 2010
I have to say that I believe if you are conducting a business where marital art are being taught, there is an unstated understanding that the instructors should be qualified to teach it. With that said I also believe that there is a level of respect not only taught but should be practiced in the classroom and out when it comes to martial arts. Senior Instructor Dougie Gayagas spit in a member’s face. If the management or owner of Knockout Fitness wants to hire a person who can disrespect and degrade a woman/member, what does that say about there business? I think for anyone to spit in another persons face is more than just unacceptable. This jeopardizes the integrity of Knockout Fitness.
Bill

Glendale, AZ

#13 Jun 2, 2011
Don't agree at all with any of the negative comments on KNOCKOUT FITNESS! I've been a member there for just about 7 months, I have lost 28lb witch is just about where I want to be. I love this place it's all I could ever ask for in a gym.
life changer

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Jun 2, 2011
First thing I want to start saying is that I love this place it is truly Tue best gym that I have ever belong too! I don't see how you people which hate this place so much, even though it just looks like there are about 4 of you guys going on all the places you can write up a review and bash this gym. Get a life and get over it maybe you should read your contract when you sign up. Now back to the knockout fitness I can personally say that this gym to rocks, I personally lost 15 lbs and have the energy to Chase around my kids. The staff treated me with all respect and the instructors all there are great guys don't believe the 4 hater out there bashing this gym, this gym has made my love for fitness come back, thank-you knockout fitness!!!!!!!!!!
gym rat

Glendale, AZ

#15 Jun 2, 2011
Let me be the first to let you know that this place is the best gym that i personally have gone too! Not only do they offer the best cardio classes but they also cater too the fighting aspect of the gym!! That rocks im learning how to properly throw all kinds of boxing and kickboxing combos but, I can now see what it takes to train like a profesional fighter. They also have more than enough free weights that you can use and not worry about having to wait for all the meat heads to stop hogging up all the benchs or weights, which trust me i dont miss from all my other gyms i used to be a member at. In genereal if you are looking for a gym to just go in and get a kick butt work out look no further than KNOCKOUT FITNESS!!!!!!!!!!
manny

Glendale, AZ

#16 Jun 2, 2011
Knockout fitness rocks just took their 6:15 class it totally gave me the energy to take on the day! Thanks Guys will see you guys tomorrow keep up teaching the best classes in the valley!
Bill

Fort Worth, TX

#17 Jun 3, 2011
THANK YOU KNOCKOUT FITTNESS! Just had another great work out. The Mon-Fri 9:00am class is what I try to make each week Russell and Doug are the best.
Nikki

Surprise, AZ

#19 Jun 5, 2011
My membership at Knockout fitness just ran out and I am so happy it did. This gym totally has went down hill and no one seems to care. The instructors stopped caring about the members and the owner is starting to get real mean about membership cancellations. A friend of mine is kinda dating one of the instructors and she said he told her the owner is having all his friends, his wife and people who aren't even members leave positive feedback on the web to try and save his business. What kind of crap is that??? If your gym isnt worth joining dont you think the people are gonna figure that out? If it was worth staying at I wouldnt have cancelled and went elsewhere.....buyers beware!
where-ever

Lincoln, NE

#20 Jun 5, 2011
anybody going to LA Fitness? How about Raquet Club Plus?
not surprised

Goodyear, AZ

#21 Jun 5, 2011
the place is a shit hole, the illegal crap that goes on there is unreal. i do know how he stays open and if the city f surpise knew e wouldn't be there!! i agree, wa's with the kids? place smells like a rest area bathroom!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wittmann Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nadaburg Unified district chief seeks to retire... (Oct '11) 6 hr SandyWilliams 3
Man changes plea to guilty in ASU frat brawl Sat ha! 1
gay marriage Oct 17 ha! 1
Peoria man accused of molesting a foster child (Nov '13) Oct 11 My Counseling Sol... 8
Sheriff Joe's incompetence Oct 11 brandy t 9
school Oct 11 lol 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Sun City West, AZ (Sep '10) Oct 9 Steve 6
Wittmann Dating
Find my Match

Wittmann Jobs

Wittmann People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wittmann News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wittmann

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]