Wittmann Volunteer Fire Dept. vs. Wit...

Wittmann Volunteer Fire Dept. vs. Wittmann Paid Firefighters Local 3449

There are 25 comments on the story from Oct 29, 2008, titled Wittmann Volunteer Fire Dept. vs. Wittmann Paid Firefighters Local 3449. In it, reports that:

In politics it is not always the candidate that gets looked at for negative aspects regarding their character. Anyone from their children to their next door neighbor whose life extending as far back as the 1960ís seems to bring questions that perhaps the candidate is in some way dirty.

What in fact this suggests that someone who is running for political office has to kneel down and admit is that they are by design not perfect, and certainly not immune to lifeís crisis. They are held to a higher standard than those out of public office and may not always measure up to the image of Ward and June Cleaverís or Ozzie and Harriet Nelsonís depiction of a model mom and dad.

No what these model, average day, Joeís have in common with the rest of us is that if anyone began digging they could certainly find something to attach to anotherís image to somehow suggest they are a crook or liar, or a neighbor of someone whose child made a bad judgment call in life and they therefore must be connected in some devious way.

So as the information came together on the candidates running for the office of Wittmann Fire Chief the gloves came off and round one began. Because of that the features and interviews with the candidates had to include a final subject that will not settle well with some but it is their connections to life that gets debated while their dedication and experience becomes less important and becomes lost in the dust of sleaze of mudslinging politics.

Click on HEADLINE for complete report and article.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Something is fishy here

Ashburn, VA

#21 Oct 31, 2008
Common sense wrote:
Wow,
you really don't seem to understand!
And with that very argumentative response I would say maybe a little touchy as well. Sorry to say I am not or have ever been a chief. Just a lowly paid union firefighter/paramedic with a bachelors in fire science and emergency medicine, who grew up in the fire service and has seen what a good chief and voulunteer is. So you work under common sense that cannot be put into writing? Interesting enough is the fact that your common sense does not tell you to put thing's into writing. I once heard a Battalion chief say that "common sense is gift, not everyone has decided to open there's".
To COMMON SENSE,
Do not get me wrong. I was passing on some information that the paid union guys are passing out on a flier. They are saying that they are wanting these items put in place and Mr. Welch is stating that the Wittmann Fire District does not need them. All they need is common sense! I stated the FACTS in this blog about what was on record that Mr. Welch stated. I was, and sorry for doing that, using your heading name as a pun.
Something is fishy here

Ashburn, VA

#22 Oct 31, 2008
Common sense wrote:
Wow,
you really don't seem to understand!
And with that very argumentative response I would say maybe a little touchy as well. Sorry to say I am not or have ever been a chief. Just a lowly paid union firefighter/paramedic with a bachelors in fire science and emergency medicine, who grew up in the fire service and has seen what a good chief and voulunteer is. So you work under common sense that cannot be put into writing? Interesting enough is the fact that your common sense does not tell you to put thing's into writing. I once heard a Battalion chief say that "common sense is gift, not everyone has decided to open there's".
Have you every gone to Welch's garage and talked with Mr. Welch or for that much listen to him talk in public about the fire district? If you did you would wonder why this community is wanting a change for the better. I have talked with many of the paid guys including Steven (God help us all if he were able to run for chief), and understand why and what is going on here. The paid guys are wanting structure, and put it into writing. May be why Wittmann can not get any grants? Then may be you can see how I am trying to make a point.

Just for the record I do understand more so then you think. I have live in this community for a long time. I was here when Wittmann wanted to try to incorporate and the "OLDTIMER" REFUSED TO DO SO. More than 15 years ago if this community had done so we would not be in the mess we are in now. Surprise would not be knocking at our doors asking us to be annexed into their city. We would have had the structure put in place. Mr. Welch would not have the control like he does now. And there would be more accountability for the fire district.

I had volunteered for the fire district many years ago, and saw how it is ran, and it is the reason I do not volunteer anymore. As long as Mr. Welch has controll of the fire district, it will not meet the full potential that it could.

Mr. Welch get use to hearing that.
Something is fishy here

Ashburn, VA

#23 Oct 31, 2008
Like I have stated before.
Have you noticed that most everyone stopped calling you CHIEF? We know something that you don't, or may be you do and that is why you had Joseph Lee passing out fliers at the school.

Mr. Welch, Mr. Welch, Mr. Welch, Mr. Welch, Mr. Welch, Mr. Welch, Mr. Welch, Mr. Welch, Mr. Welch!
Something is fishy here

Ashburn, VA

#24 Oct 31, 2008
Can anyone here or know where I can find out this information;

I would like to know when Mr. Welch (see there, it was said again) is not reelected how long afterwards will he be in office? Is it like the presidental election where we will have to wait until January? Is there going to be someone the Maricopa County Board of Supervisiors there so he can hand of all fire district records?

I have voted. Have you? Will you? Are you? Voting for the same reason that everyone else will be? To change this community!!!!! Vote November 4th
Something is fishy here

Ashburn, VA

#25 Nov 1, 2008
I got bored at work tonight and started read again. I found something that I am going to have to question.

I do not mean any disrespect to Claude or Chester. But this one is for the record.

"With the guidance and advice from Chester Davis of the Wickenburg Fire Department, Claude acquired equipment from the Civil War and Government Surplus."

I would like to know what fire equipment that the CIVIL WAR had to offer? A horse drawn carriage prehaps? A hook and ladder? Bucket brigade?

American History for $1000.
This happened in the United States history between the years 1861 - 1865.
Alex, What is the CIVIL WAR?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wittmann Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MCSO: Teen running from deputies hit by car in ... (Apr '12) 7 hr Need answers plea... 5
News Construction begins on Bell Road/Grand Avenue o... 18 hr SupEng 2
man hung from a tree in Peoria this morning (Oct '14) Feb 5 bingo9162 5
More Shit For Wittmann? (Aug '09) Feb 5 Jett67 24
News Building Permits Ban In Wittmann Area Could Low... (Sep '08) Feb 4 Deborah 29
News Self-avowed anti-Islam activist arrested in con... Jan 30 thanks 2
News White supremacist gang busted (May '06) Jan 30 guest 226
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wittmann Mortgages