CAS Cable Running Lines through Sandy...

CAS Cable Running Lines through Sandyville WV.

Posted in the Wiseburg Forum

Sherlock

Charleston, WV

#1 Jan 17, 2012
I had been hearing rumors of High Speed Internet in Sandyville for a long time, now it seems as though these rumors are quite true. I know that Independence road was one of the first to see high speed internet in the spring/summer of 2011. Frontier was actually the carrier for that region. Now I have been seeing CAS Cable trucks running through Sandyville and also noticing the new lines that they have been constructing. I went to their website to do a little research and well..it's true. Now the only thing left to do is play the waiting game.
mountain top

Elizabeth, WV

#2 Jan 25, 2012
I talked to the engineers and they ran a solid unspliced fiber from Ripley to in front of the Sandyville Post Office where a node is going to be placed. They are also placing two more nodes between Ripley and that location with dedicated fibers to each of those nodes. They have a few extra fibers in place in case one goes down or for future expansion in the future.

They should start service for customers within a week weather permitting from what the engineers told me. They will offer 50 MB internet (confirmed with the agent on the phone) in Sandyville. Unfortunately they require you to take their cable tv service to order their internet. Their tv packages do not have very good offerings and lack HD channels compared to Dish Network / Directv and their hardware is not as good either such as their DVR's. Might be better off sticking with DSL especially if Frontier fixes their congestion issues and the bundling they have with Dish Network.

CAS to bring their service down Independence road as well but they are waiting to do that but have that on their maps and should begin doing that soon. Part of the delay is Frontier not wanting them on their poles due to them being competition to them and wanting to charge a bunch of money to be on their poles so they try to stay on the power poles instead. That is why you see some new poles go up in places such as the area between Fairplain and Kenna when they put new poles up there to launch the service there a few years back.

They have their coax and fiber lines ran for most of the area now (if not all of it) and just got to get the nodes in Sandyville fired up. The engineer told me that they already have the fiber fired up all the way to here and in the final stages before rollout.
Sherlock

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 26, 2012
Yeah, I had talked to CAS cable about their service and they told me the exact same thing about having to get their cable TV to get their internet service. I also heard their Cable TV was awful. Another thing I have discovered is that CAS cable will not run their service down my road ( I currently live on Trace Fork Rd) they told me if they decide to run their service down my road then it will only be the first 1/2 mile out. I'm hoping Frontier will get things straightened out and run their service there soon.

Thanks for the great information by the way Mountain Top.
mountain top

Kimberly, WV

#4 Jan 26, 2012
I saw Frontier running cable as well from Ripley to near Trace Fork Road. I know that they had plans on lighting up DSL in that part of Sandyville soon. They are probably running the fiber lines from Ripley to their box to put in a new DSLAM. The cable companies do not like to go very far up the back roads as there are not enough people to justify their cost of running the coax. The phone company will be able to offer service to people that the cable company would not be able to due to them using the existing phone lines (better hope they are good in you area). That keeps their cost down. I am sure CAS will put a hurt on Frontier in New Era since they done their upgrade but CAS will not reach a lot of people off the main highway.

I did see that CAS has a business offering guaranteed pricing for 2 years for unlimited phone and 7 MB internet for $59.99 per month which did not require tv. That may be a good alternative for some. I wonder if they have a lifeline / really basic cheap tv package that would allow you to get their internet service too without having to pay their $54.49 fee for their basic package. In the past I heard for a person or two that were able to get CAS to install internet only without needing the tv package but heard others having no luck getting CAS to do that for them.
me

Parkersburg, WV

#5 Mar 15, 2012
Sherlock wrote:
I had been hearing rumors of High Speed Internet in Sandyville for a long time, now it seems as though these rumors are quite true. I know that Independence road was one of the first to see high speed internet in the spring/summer of 2011. Frontier was actually the carrier for that region. Now I have been seeing CAS Cable trucks running through Sandyville and also noticing the new lines that they have been constructing. I went to their website to do a little research and well..it's true. Now the only thing left to do is play the waiting game.
We have Cas high speed in ruby lakes just changed to the 10 mob Internet and its taking them a bit to get it fix up but we do have internet
me

Parkersburg, WV

#6 Mar 15, 2012
They just started it where u do not have to have their cable package included with the internet
mountain top

Kimberly, WV

#7 Mar 15, 2012
Looks like service is lit up now in the area around the school and post office. They just started to offer internet without cable service but will only let you buy the 2 MB or 10 MB plans without cable. The 25 MB and 50 MB plans still require cable. I figure this will help their business as many have satellite tv already and do not want to drop their service especially if they are under contract and to compete with Frontier which has DSL in this particular area.

Are they having issues with their internet service with offering 10 MB or above services in Sandyville?
redsn0w

Parkersburg, WV

#8 Mar 15, 2012
We upgraded to the 10 mb and it seems like we r still on the 2 mb what gives me live next to the y
anonymous

Elizabeth, WV

#9 Apr 1, 2012
Do a speed test at www.speedtest.net and see what your speed results are. If you see a slow speed still then contact them and tell them that they did not increase your speed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wiseburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jul 12 snakes 4,163
tessie pepper (Mar '12) May '17 Ihatetrashtalkers 6
weird shit. (Oct '13) Feb '17 Be Careful 4
The Valley Inn owned by Stella Sweeney (Dec '13) Feb '17 also known as 4
Can anyone help me find my old friend? Feb '17 Karl Henry 1
Sarah blake (Nov '16) Nov '16 Missy 1
Ruby lakes drug dealers (Aug '16) Aug '16 judge 1

Wiseburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance