Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Posted in the Wise Forum

Looking

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jul 11, 2011
Does anyone know who does hardwood floor refinishing in the Wise area?
oh my

White House, TN

#2 Jul 11, 2011
if its old wood do it yourself its easy and not so pricey... i did mine myself
Looking

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jul 11, 2011
How many coats of stain and poly did you use?
oh my

White House, TN

#4 Jul 11, 2011
here are the steps we did... sanded the floors..took a shop vac and got up wood dust tact clothed the floors to make sure no dust or anything was on them...go to lowes and get a lambs wool mop head looking thing and put on a broom stick and a paint pan to put poly in .. it took 3 gal cans of poly to do 5 floors let the coats dry about 2 days before doing another coat ..we put 2 coats on floor and didnt use stain .. the poly will bring out the markings in your wood..i rented my sander from southwest tool.. i have around 500 in the floor..but it is beautiful..
Wondering

Madison, TN

#5 Jul 11, 2011
This is a very easy do it yourself job! Just research online and don't be afraid to give it a try - it's not as bad as you'd imagine. The most important part is the vacuuming - after that, it's hard to mess it up!

I'd suggest doing the poly personally.
Joey Twosneezes

Roanoke, VA

#6 Jul 12, 2011
If you do it yourself and you use the drum sander be careful to use a light touch. You can gouge your floor badly. You will also need to use the edge sander to reach the areas next to the walls where the drum sander will not reach. You can do it yourself but I would do just one room at a time. It's a lot of effort. Work carefully and you can get professional results.
I know the best

Richmond, KY

#8 Jul 15, 2011
He also has state of the art equipment with no mess. All his equipment has attached vacuums and he leaves all his jobs clean. [email protected]
I know the best

Richmond, KY

#9 Jul 18, 2011
Seems my first post went missing. Anyway, my husband installs & refinishes hardwood flooring and stairs. He's the best in the biz. Lots of references and before/after pics on cd's. Works in Va & Ky. Chances are, you'll know someone who has used his services.
[email protected]
relax

Roanoke, VA

#10 Jul 18, 2011
To: oh my.

What type of sander did you use? drum?
oh my

White House, TN

#11 Jul 18, 2011
dont know the name of it(im a girl) it was big and the sand paper stuck to the bottom on a pad..call southwest tool rental they can tell you what it is..i know one thing a belt sander will eat your flooring up if you dont keep it moving.

Since: Jan 11

Portugal

#12 Aug 9, 2011
When it comes to wooden flooring you can find plenty of options online. But when it comes to quality of work and quality of material to be used and at the same time keeping it within your budget you surely needs professional help. i got solution. Which provide best range in reasonable prices?

http://woodsmithhardwood.ca/hardwood-refinish...
love hardwood

Richmond, KY

#13 Aug 9, 2011
Go to Vic's in Norton. He gives good advice on hardwood flooring.
sallyjohnson48

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Oct 9, 2012
I am loving the tips and advice I am reading. They have proven to be very helpful. I have found that there are a lot of options after online searching. I need to maybe narrow down my search for hardwood floor refinishing in mississauga. http://www.gshardwood.ca/en/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Won't open 1 hr CRitter 1
Jason Stapleton 6 hr howdy 1
Central band Sat Henry 1
Ginger Allen, I mean Sadler (Dec '15) Fri intrested 12
Divorce lawyer Thu Woman looking to ... 1
narcs_list them here!!!! (Sep '10) Aug 24 over worked 114
Lisa Hamilton aka "Mamaw" Aug 24 Nikki 3

Wise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance