Why do Christians not follow the bibl...

Why do Christians not follow the bible like they say they do

Posted in the Wise Forum

wiseguy

Hendersonville, TN

#1 Sep 18, 2012
My question is; Why do Christians only follow the rules in Leviticus that only pertain to gays? Why don't they follow the ones that say it's ok to rape, or the one that says we can't eat pork or shellfish? I guess what I'm trying to say is , who decides which rules are concrete and which rules are to be bent and broken? Im a recently turned atheist and just so sick of two faced bible thumping christians only preaching the words of God that don't interfere with their comfort.
joker

Farmersville, CA

#2 Sep 18, 2012
You assume that laws against homosexuality only exist in Leviticus. Homosexuality is condemned throughout the Bible. However, Leviticus is the book that should not be used in modern times for the discussion. Leviticus was written to and for the Israelites during the Exodus. Although, it has Biblical historical importance, its laws do not apply today. Again though, homosexuality is NOT permitted anywhere in the Bible and is a sin in the New Testament just as the Old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robin and Danny Bryant (Sep '15) 5 hr WISE 16
England Family 8 hr R Banks 22
About a friend 9 hr Dee 1
Brenda Klimowicz Nathaniel Dooley 16 hr No way 45
anyone know tina mullins of wise (Sep '10) Mar 23 Peekaboo tell on you 54
Ginger Sadler Mar 22 Whitening 4
Rodney Duncan Mar 22 Chris 1

Wise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance