help

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 Jul 19, 2012
Has anyone had any experience with Karen Bishop as an Attorney? I am not trying to get anything started about her or anything like that, I just want to know if anyone has hired her and what your outcome has been. I am in need of an attorney for a 1st Time DUI
Ohyeah

White House, TN

#2 Jul 20, 2012
Yeah she is one of if not the best attorney's around here....she used to be a judge and either was the ComWealtAtty or worked for them in the past and still has lots of connections with them and other judges so yeah she's a mover and shaker around here...she helped me with much more serious charges and 0 time.
WHT

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jul 22, 2012
She One Of The Best
Take responsibility

Salem, VA

#4 Jul 23, 2012
help wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with Karen Bishop as an Attorney? I am not trying to get anything started about her or anything like that, I just want to know if anyone has hired her and what your outcome has been. I am in need of an attorney for a 1st Time DUI
I hope you are not guilty. I have very little respect for those that drink and drive, one of the more irresponsible acts that a person could do. If you are guilty, you should take the consequences you deserve.
Ohyeah

White House, TN

#5 Jul 26, 2012
Take responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are not guilty. I have very little respect for those that drink and drive, one of the more irresponsible acts that a person could do. If you are guilty, you should take the consequences you deserve.
yeah because im sure youve never done anything wrong...even if you didnt get caught
huh

Myakka City, FL

#6 Aug 21, 2012
Does she handle custody cases? And does anyone know how muchshe cost?
yeah

United States

#7 Aug 24, 2012
She is fabulous. Her staff helped me for free once when I was thrown head first into a legal crapstorm. They literally helped me find a lawyer to set my fiances bond hearing that day, because she was an acting judge. Karen stopped me & spoke to me in the courthouse all judged out & asked if she could still help me. If I had the money to afford her for everything legal I would lol. She was the cheapest on my situation, just not the quickest only reason I couldn't use her. Used Marty adkins huge mistake!
hmdd

Norton, VA

#8 Aug 29, 2012
I must say that Karen Bishop is one of the best and sweetest lawyers in Wise Co. She sits as a Judge & was a former Commonwealths Attorney so she knows what she is doing and makes sure that you are treated fairly. Her standard rate is around $500 and doesn't make you pay it all up front, I only had to pay $100 at a time.
burn

Norton, VA

#9 Aug 31, 2012
She will help u when it comes to divorces and children. Espically when the mother keeps ur kids away. Espically if there is a custody agreement and they don't do it. She gets there ass locked up. so if ur dealing with a divorce and ur wife or husband has her be prepared to be brough down. She is to good.
concerned citzen

Coeburn, VA

#10 Oct 18, 2012
She is a great person, and an awesome attorney!!! Plus she is a woman LOL!!!:)) Everything else asides, she knows exactly what she is doing, and her rates are fair!:) Best of luck!:)
really

Gate City, VA

#11 Aug 7, 2014
you people are idiots. Why don't you talk about one just one case she won at trial. You can't cause she never takes anything to trial. Be sure you wanna take a plea. Lots of former Commonwealth Attorneys are better... McAfee, Gilliam, Carrico (hell he is a former Circuit Court Judge not just a substitute), Kallen... it goes on and on.
My memory

Johnson City, TN

#12 Aug 8, 2014
I remember her running for Commonwealth Attorney but I don't ever remember her winning. After Carrico was promoted to judge, Gary Gilliam took over on an interim basis but lost the primary to Karen Bishop in a minor, suspicious political uproar circa 2004. Bishop was then defeated by Dotson in the General Election. After Dotson was promoted to judge it has been Ron Elkins ever since. Hence, my understanding is that she's been an opponent to all Commonwealth Attorneys of the past 15 years or so. Please feel free to correct me as I'm wrong as I'm just trying to correct the history.
Nikki

Blacksburg, VA

#13 Tuesday Aug 26
I highly recommend Karen. She is great at what she does and she is very up front. One of the best in Wise Co. She is very much worth it.
trust

Blacksburg, VA

#14 Tuesday Aug 26
Karen let's you decided whether u want a trial or what your options are. She is great at working something out to suit your needs. Why go to trial if she can get the same results in a plea? She will give you a free consult and tell you up front what she thinks she can do for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Dr Fred S Booth 2 hr Childhood Friend 4
Looking for daughter of Dr Booth 2 hr Childhood Friend 4
A&G "The Justice Family" (Jan '11) 6 hr greasmonkey 70
Air Show over Wise? 16 hr twinscroll beyotch 2
Hwy, who is J T Browning Tue swva 3
How many gay ppl are in Wise/Norton (Aug '10) Mon Just_Saying 87
3 some Mon 2 UVA Guys 6
•••
•••
•••