The Tavern OVERPRICED AND Is it reall...

The Tavern OVERPRICED AND Is it really all that good?!

Posted in the Wise Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
unbeleivable

Nashville, TN

#1 Jul 1, 2010
Went to the Tavern on main street in Wise. Had to wait for an hour and half for our food...there was hardly any one else there! The food was over cooked and not at all that good. We were told that they were "sorry". We were talked to as if we didn't know the difference between crappy food and what was good. They sure had one thing right they are "SORRY".......sorry food, sorry service, and sorry customer service. Our last trip there. Not to mention that we were charged full price on the bill. I think they are a fine example of what customer service has become....
Chef Ramsey

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Jul 2, 2010
Absolute dog sh!t!
cute1

Gallatin, TN

#3 Jul 2, 2010
I had dinner there one Friday night. They were out of everything. The service was awful. I do not mind paying high prices as long as I get my money's worth. However, it is not. They were doing better when they were at mosby's working. We need some good places to eat here. Any ideas for someone?
somebody

Gate City, VA

#4 Jul 3, 2010
Try the fabolous Holiday Inn of Norton Let the troutdale make your mouth water for more and more great food?
somebody

Gate City, VA

#5 Jul 3, 2010
I had a nice dinner and encounter while traveling through the small town of norton, the food there and all the service was overwhelming......Try the Holiday Inn
somebody

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Jul 3, 2010
I didn't think the prices were that bad but the food was not good at all
well

Salem, VA

#7 Aug 2, 2010
i really like the stuffed chicken!! and the fried cheese things were awesome!! but a smidge over priced.
turducken

United States

#8 Aug 7, 2010
I have to disagree. I have eaten at the Tavern several times and always find the food excellent. The price is higher than say Applesbees or Cheddars but the food quality makes up for it. Troutdale in the Holiday Inn also has excellent food but at an even higher price. Not to mention the menu doesn't show that price before you order.
Tavern Rocks

Mount Juliet, TN

#9 Sep 17, 2010
The food is good - atmosphere is wonderful. If you don't like it - save money and go to the new PALS.
That guy

Jonesville, VA

#10 Sep 17, 2010
It's alright, you can get much better food out of Wise County though
OH MY

Christiansburg, VA

#11 Sep 17, 2010
I Miss Mosby's!!
What happened to Mosbys

Richmond, VA

#12 Sep 20, 2010
What happened to Mosbys?
Grrrreat

Jonesville, VA

#13 Sep 21, 2010
I have been to the Tavern multiple times and have always found the food and service to be outstanding. I don't think they are too pricey for what I am getting.
Mosbys

Hendersonville, TN

#14 Sep 21, 2010
Mosby's fired Phillip for being involved with the Tavern. Some long time employees went with him and then Mosby's changed the menu to taste like dog shit. I believe it took about three or four months and they were out of business.
Awsome

Radford, VA

#15 Sep 22, 2010
I have been to the Tavern several times. The food is great and so is the service. When phillip personally comes around to each table and asks about the food-service and if he could get you anything elese, thats service. The tavern is an awsome place to eat. You all are just used to cheap fast food, but you get what you pay for. Rock on tavern on main the best thing thats happened to Wise, Virgina in a long time.
Awsome

Radford, VA

#16 Sep 22, 2010
[The food is good - atmosphere is wonderful. If you don't like it - save money and go to the new PALS. You nailed that one to a tee. But you have to remember this is Wise County half the people are on the draw.
Big Fan

Warwick, RI

#17 Oct 8, 2010
I love The Tavern. Their food is excellent!!! You must remember that you pay for what you get.
Tavern Fan

Waterloo, Canada

#18 Oct 9, 2010
Yes, The Tavern is kinda pricey, but is well worth it. The food is always delicious.
yuck

Waterloo, Canada

#19 Oct 9, 2010
Don't like this place at all.
just my opinion

Christiansburg, VA

#20 Oct 11, 2010
I think the food is overpriced for the amount you receive plus the options aren't that great. What food I have had was good but still over-priced and have way better. I say just go to Kingsport, Bristol, JC for a good meal. I also miss Mosbys!! Oh man and Shannon's before they sold out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
L.F. Addington 21 hr Sassafras 2
Sadler Fri Mcdrama 2
H&R Block Emerald Advance (Dec '12) Fri PJW 38
Charlie Reeves Fri Norman 4
Cut throat lawyer (Jun '13) Fri Pay some d4m atte... 22
judge wills Jan 18 hate wise 15
Who is the best criminal lawyer in Wise Co? (Nov '11) Jan 16 Nepotism City 26

Wise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance