Wise little league football

Posted in the Wise Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Rerun

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2011
Saw that they were advertising I guess central Peanut football in wise. How can they do that when just the high school is central. The elementary names hasn't changed. If that's true then what makes someone from the town of wise think they have more right to use the name central than the folks from pound. I think it should still be Pound little league and Wise Little league.
just me

United States

#2 Jul 29, 2011
Wow the fuss in BSG is that they may be combining. Who knows what it takes to please people? If there is a concern perhaps contact the league director.
Clifton

United States

#3 Jul 29, 2011
Well its kinda stupid to name a little league central warriors when there is no central warriors elementary school there are actually 2 elementary school that will be the feeder schools for the high school.
what

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Jul 29, 2011
My God there is a 1,000 serious problems in Wise, Wise County, and the USA than to worry about what a little league football team is goin to be named! Come on, Man. Seriously I'm sick and most everyone I know is tired of this consolidation garbage and whining. The world does not revolve around high school sports and little league football. It's sad when new schools are offered to our kids but people would rather them learn in outdated schools,now theyre being thrown together in the same old buildings with new names on them. What the hell is wrong with this place???
I Tell Ya

Christiansburg, VA

#5 Jul 29, 2011
They have a combined football team for little league to help get the kids acquainted before they all get to high school with one another. I think it is a good idea myself because believe it or not those kids will play together as a team on the same field someday, so why not let them start mingling now while they are young.
Reun

United States

#6 Jul 29, 2011
Well [email protected] that is my concern and that is what the thread is about. Why even read it if you got so many other problems? Are you addressing all the other threads that people bring up concerns in? Also can you list 50 percent of the problems you mentioned. Honestly tho if you are so tired why would you read it? Also who said anything about old buildings and stuff you brought that up.
what wrote:
My God there is a 1,000 serious problems in Wise, Wise County, and the USA than to worry about what a little league football team is goin to be named! Come on, Man. Seriously I'm sick and most everyone I know is tired of this consolidation garbage and whining. The world does not revolve around high school sports and little league football. It's sad when new schools are offered to our kids but people would rather them learn in outdated schools,now theyre being thrown together in the same old buildings with new names on them. What the hell is wrong with this place???
Ray

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2011
I Tell Ya wrote:
They have a combined football team for little league to help get the kids acquainted before they all get to high school with one another. I think it is a good idea myself because believe it or not those kids will play together as a team on the same field someday, so why not let them start mingling now while they are young.
It may be a good idea in theory but are we gonna have this combined league in Pound. It hard for working parents to take kids outta town every day for a practice. High school kids are already at school when practices start for the most part. I see what the poster was saying when he brought up the fact only the high school is named central. Why would you try and name elementry school sports after that.
just me

United States

#8 Jul 29, 2011
High School practice started weeks ago. How can they already be at school for practice in the summer time?
Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Jul 29, 2011
Ray wrote:
<quoted text>It may be a good idea in theory but are we gonna have this combined league in Pound. It hard for working parents to take kids outta town every day for a practice. High school kids are already at school when practices start for the most part. I see what the poster was saying when he brought up the fact only the high school is named central. Why would you try and name elementry school sports after that.
I am the president of the former Wise Youth Football program. We changed the name to Warriors Youth Football this year in an attempt to get the boys playing together now if the chose to. I attempted to meet with Pound youth football. They chose NOT to meet with us. We were going to play all games and practices in pound. We would buy all uniforms, in house and travel, from rocky. All our youth gear would be brought to pound. Pound would have been the location of Warriors Youth Football. We would have had an even board of 4 pound folks and four wise But, the pound folks would not meet with us. So we decided to open sign ups to wise and pound kids. We restructured our league. Even went as far as to change leagues so we would not play pound so that the boys that come over to play herd would not have to deal with rivalries with in school. We are doing this in the best interest of the kids. I work in lee county. The guys from jonesville and the guys from Pennington can't stand each other. It's been 20+ years since they consolidated and they can't get past it. We would like to not have this problem. And the kids from pound and wise are getting along great. The parents are getting ro know each Other. New friendships are being made. So in response to an earlier post, pound chose to stay pound and wise youth football changed to warriors youth football. I have made every effort to ensure equal terms for the kids. Half of the coaches for the oldest team is from pound. We want to bring people together. The kids love it. If pound kids, or their parents, don't want them to come here they don't have too. But they have the option. Sign ups will be Saturday July 30 and august 6 at 10-12 at central high field house. Cone out and see me if you have my comments or questions. I'll be glad to explain it further.
just me

United States

#10 Jul 30, 2011
Chuck it seems like you covered all the bases. Excellent job. Guess someone will always find something to complain about. We need more adults like you to try and ensure the transition goes smoothly!
Anonymous

Detroit, MI

#11 Jul 30, 2011
just me wrote:
Chuck it seems like you covered all the bases. Excellent job. Guess someone will always find something to complain about. We need more adults like you to try and ensure the transition goes smoothly!
Thanks. We just want the best for all the kids.
Ray

United States

#12 Jul 30, 2011
just me wrote:
High School practice started weeks ago. How can they already be at school for practice in the summer time?
I guess the "for the most part" part flew over your head. Not all sports practices start in the summer BTW.
Clay

United States

#13 Jul 30, 2011
Chuck the youth is not Central tho. I have a kid playing in Pound you didnt contact me. So I dont know. What if pound decided to change to warriors to?
Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

#14 Jul 30, 2011
Clay wrote:
Chuck the youth is not Central tho. I have a kid playing in Pound you didnt contact me. So I dont know. What if pound decided to change to warriors to?
Clay, we have tried to put the word out to pound kids. Your son can still sign up. Pound chose to be Pound YF. We changed to Warriors YF so that the pound kids would feel mire welcomes and to not have a biased. True, they are in their own elementary schools, but nothing says we can't let them be Warriors too. We are just trying to give them a head start and don't want to argue or fight. Feel free to contact me if you would like to sign up your son. Thanks.
be like miker

Roanoke, VA

#15 Jul 30, 2011
BSG and Appy combined their league to make the Union league and it's working great! Sorry you all couldn't work together, but I hope it carries over to the high schools too. bahahahahaha! Go Bears!
just me

United States

#16 Jul 31, 2011
Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the "for the most part" part flew over your head. Not all sports practices start in the summer BTW.
. Guess. The fact this forum was about football eluded you
Question

Christiansburg, VA

#17 Jul 31, 2011
Why did the Wise football program change to an in-house program? I was under impression that it changed so that all kids would be able to play due to all the issues with parents last year((that their young NFL starter wasn't getting enough play time)). I was also under the impression that none of the surrounding towns would play us. Is this true??? There were numerious issues last year with some of the surrounding towns that we played. Not the kids, but the parents. Terrible language was used towards our kids, Destroyed our field restrooms, not to mention just plain lack of intelligence.
My next question, will our teams have enough kids to choose from to make a travel team? If so how many of the parents will be willing to travel? I'm guessing that we will have to venture out farther to find teams to play.
Anonymous

United States

#19 Jul 31, 2011
Question wrote:
Why did the Wise football program change to an in-house program? I was under impression that it changed so that all kids would be able to play due to all the issues with parents last year((that their young NFL starter wasn't getting enough play time)). I was also under the impression that none of the surrounding towns would play us. Is this true??? There were numerious issues last year with some of the surrounding towns that we played. Not the kids, but the parents. Terrible language was used towards our kids, Destroyed our field restrooms, not to mention just plain lack of intelligence.
My next question, will our teams have enough kids to choose from to make a travel team? If so how many of the parents will be willing to travel? I'm guessing that we will have to venture out farther to find teams to play.
The reason for the change is we had over 30 per team. I had 39 on mine. Playing time was hard to give. So we set down and restructured the league to do an in house deal with multiple teams with low numbers. Then we will have six games and playing time will no longer be an issue. We feel really good about the change. There are almost 40 kids per division. Looks lime we will have three teams per division. For travel, we will play st Paul, castlewood, rye cove, an twin springs and clintwood and maybe coeburn. Gonna have a blast this year.
Warrior Parent

Christiansburg, VA

#20 Jul 31, 2011
Chuck Summers wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason for the change is we had over 30 per team. I had 39 on mine. Playing time was hard to give. So we set down and restructured the league to do an in house deal with multiple teams with low numbers. Then we will have six games and playing time will no longer be an issue. We feel really good about the change. There are almost 40 kids per division. Looks lime we will have three teams per division. For travel, we will play st Paul, castlewood, rye cove, an twin springs and clintwood and maybe coeburn. Gonna have a blast this year.
We can hardly wait! Go Warriors!
Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

#21 Jul 31, 2011
Warrior Parent wrote:
<quoted text>We can hardly wait! Go Warriors!
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gabe Barnett produced another affair child 11 hr Calm down you two 5
Divorce lawyer 11 hr Woman looking to ... 1
Ginger Allen, I mean Sadler (Dec '15) 20 hr peekaboo 11
narcs_list them here!!!! (Sep '10) Wed over worked 114
Lisa Hamilton aka "Mamaw" Wed Nikki 3
Childcare Wed Dorothy 3
Where did Charlie Stanley go? he used to work ... (Aug '10) Wed El facto 9

Wise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance