Wake up Virginia
Concerned Voter

Gloucester, VA

#1 Nov 1, 2012
Come on Virginia do not let the snooty liberals in Northern Virginia dictate the direction of our state. They are not like us. They are not true southerns. They do not have the morals or values which we so truly hold dear to our hearts. Obama and Joe Biden are liberals; they will take away your rights one by one. Your rights to freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the right to bear arms and redefine the institution of marriage. Too you Coal Miners, they will put so many regulations on coal mining that you will lose your jobs and he will NOT build the pipeline . Therefore I am asking you that on November 6th please vote for Romney/Paul and George Allen and help save our country!
Seriously

Wise, VA

#2 Nov 2, 2012
Having lived in Northern Virginia myself for a number of years, I can tell you that the city I resided in alone had more people living within it and the ENTIRETY of Wise County. These people, being so much closer to Washington (many of whom have families who hold political office or some sort of government job), are FAR more involved than the politically apathetic that reside here. I'm not saying that votes from this area would go entirely unnoticed. But in the grand scheme of it all, Northern Virginia will have more in this fight than us. They do not understand our dependence on coal. They have never lived here and those who have visited this local wonder why we are not our own separate state entirely. Based on how last election went, Virginia's electoral votes will most likely favor the current administration.

And I'm putting this here for all to see: If you are voting for the first time, you need to be prepared to vote for more than just the president/vice president. You've got to consider state and local, as well. Do not be unprepared or your vote won't count at all.
Muddy

Clintwood, VA

#3 Nov 2, 2012
Concerned Voter wrote:
Come on Virginia do not let the snooty liberals in Northern Virginia dictate the direction of our state. They are not like us. They are not true southerns. They do not have the morals or values which we so truly hold dear to our hearts. Obama and Joe Biden are liberals; they will take away your rights one by one. Your rights to freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the right to bear arms and redefine the institution of marriage. Too you Coal Miners, they will put so many regulations on coal mining that you will lose your jobs and he will NOT build the pipeline . Therefore I am asking you that on November 6th please vote for Romney/Paul and George Allen and help save our country!
Are you high? Or, just worshipping at the Ayn Rand/Koch Brothers/FOX News altar of stupidity and "talking points"?
Glad

Noblesville, IN

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Glad Va. went democrat
Hillbilly Jack

Deer Lodge, TN

#5 Nov 9, 2012
Glad wrote:
Glad Va. went democrat
Most gays are.
Ding Dong

New York, NY

#7 Nov 10, 2012
Hillbilly Jack wrote:
<quoted text>Most gays are.
I vote for my family and not coal miners. There are more issues out there than coal. I am a liberal. I was borned and raised in this area. I have never seen any liberal standing in the doorway of a church keeping any person from walking in. I am not gay. I am married with two children. I could care less if two gay people marry or not. There is nothing stopping anybody from going to church, reading their bible, carrying their shotgun, and feeding their hound dogs. I don't know what problem Obama has with coal. I am sorry if people in that industry are losing jobs. However, there are more issues in this country of 300 million people. If any one person tells you they know whats best for 300 million different people, they are full of shit. I have failed to get the memo that the earth, moon, sun, and stars orbit coal in south west virginia.
Ughh

Wise, VA

#8 Nov 11, 2012
Ding Dong wrote:
<quoted text>
I vote for my family and not coal miners. There are more issues out there than coal. I am a liberal. I was borned and raised in this area. I have never seen any liberal standing in the doorway of a church keeping any person from walking in. I am not gay. I am married with two children. I could care less if two gay people marry or not. There is nothing stopping anybody from going to church, reading their bible, carrying their shotgun, and feeding their hound dogs. I don't know what problem Obama has with coal. I am sorry if people in that industry are losing jobs. However, there are more issues in this country of 300 million people. If any one person tells you they know whats best for 300 million different people, they are full of shit. I have failed to get the memo that the earth, moon, sun, and stars orbit coal in south west virginia.
This is the mentality that allowed him to have a second term. Your statement about any one person knowing what's best for 300 million, then they're full of shit. This is exactly what Obama ran on... He's going to fix everything, for everybody, stand back America he's got this. This is also what he ran on in '08, that didn't work out too hot huh? I can't believe so many people fell for it again.

When coal shuts down in SW Va, wait and see what's left, nothing. People will have to leave because there's nothing else here to make a living at. I know the rest of the world doesn't care about coal, but it's our way of life here. No one in my family is a miner, but we're affected by the loss of coal jobs.

Also, I love how people think they'll be exempt when the shit hits the fan, just because they voted for him. The rest of us can't wait to see you begging for food and jobs right along beside us. Let's see if your messiah reserves any special treatment for you.
wake up

Big Stone Gap, VA

#9 Nov 11, 2012
Ughh wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the mentality that allowed him to have a second term. Your statement about any one person knowing what's best for 300 million, then they're full of shit. This is exactly what Obama ran on... He's going to fix everything, for everybody, stand back America he's got this. This is also what he ran on in '08, that didn't work out too hot huh? I can't believe so many people fell for it again.
When coal shuts down in SW Va, wait and see what's left, nothing. People will have to leave because there's nothing else here to make a living at. I know the rest of the world doesn't care about coal, but it's our way of life here. No one in my family is a miner, but we're affected by the loss of coal jobs.
Also, I love how people think they'll be exempt when the shit hits the fan, just because they voted for him. The rest of us can't wait to see you begging for food and jobs right along beside us. Let's see if your messiah reserves any special treatment for you.
Look around most of have have already been begging for food, you and your friends will be joining the party
omgnotagain

Wise, VA

#10 Nov 13, 2012
Concerned Voter wrote:
You are obviosly a misinformed, uneducated idiot! Suck one! 4 more years!
jo bil walton

Gate City, VA

#11 Nov 14, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Having lived in Northern Virginia myself for a number of years, I can tell you that the city I resided in alone had more people living within it and the ENTIRETY of Wise County. These people, being so much closer to Washington (many of whom have families who hold political office or some sort of government job), are FAR more involved than the politically apathetic that reside here. I'm not saying that votes from this area would go entirely unnoticed. But in the grand scheme of it all, Northern Virginia will have more in this fight than us. They do not understand our dependence on coal. They have never lived here and those who have visited this local wonder why we are not our own separate state entirely. Based on how last election went, Virginia's electoral votes will most likely favor the current administration.
And I'm putting this here for all to see: If you are voting for the first time, you need to be prepared to vote for more than just the president/vice president. You've got to consider state and local, as well. Do not be unprepared or your vote won't count at all.
I AGREE with your first paragraph, and I hope this doesnt tarnish your post. But that is a very polite way to say the larger citys of Virginia {especially in eastern Va.} is infested with blacks ,in which a alarmingly large portion of them have government jobs. Most All of which did vote for obama because they dont want to stop the gravy train from rolling along, as well as because he is black also. And yes, the south western VA. populas is small in comparison, And Yes our votes didnt count for sh!t. Sounds racist huuu? WELL not really when you stop and think about blacks admit voting for him just because he is black. They make no secret about this. They diddnt care one way or another about Jobs, the economy, inflation or even the survival of this nation, All they cared about was voting for him because he was black. THIS IS AN ADMITTED FACT FROM BLACKS all over this nation. And if Im not mistaken, that make them a very racist group of American FOOLS!!
yeahright

Knoxville, TN

#12 Nov 15, 2012
What people fail to understand regarding COAL is that 1) there is little left to mine out and what is there is so deep thats its not cost effective to go get it. Therefore its cheaper to ship coal in than pay what the coal companies have to have in order to make a profit- or break even for that matter!
2) Coal mining jobs went down hill from the early 70's when Unions came in. I am not in disfavor of unions or UMWA but its seemed that good was never enough for miners. They may have made life better for themselves but they put a lot of companies under with their demands. The big coal companies had their money invested elsewhere so it was no skin off their asses to close mines down.
THATS my opinion on the mantra of "Obama against coal". Then there are the ones who raise hell because their creeks are flooded due to mining or poisoned all of the fish. Hunting is gone because the animals have all left the area or died off due to the pollution from coal and strip mines killing off plants that they live on and the trees/brush that the shelter under. That is what Obama and his people want: a cleaner America!
yes

Big Stone Gap, VA

#13 Nov 21, 2012
yeahright wrote:
What people fail to understand regarding COAL is that 1) there is little left to mine out and what is there is so deep thats its not cost effective to go get it. Therefore its cheaper to ship coal in than pay what the coal companies have to have in order to make a profit- or break even for that matter!
2) Coal mining jobs went down hill from the early 70's when Unions came in. I am not in disfavor of unions or UMWA but its seemed that good was never enough for miners. They may have made life better for themselves but they put a lot of companies under with their demands. The big coal companies had their money invested elsewhere so it was no skin off their asses to close mines down.
THATS my opinion on the mantra of "Obama against coal". Then there are the ones who raise hell because their creeks are flooded due to mining or poisoned all of the fish. Hunting is gone because the animals have all left the area or died off due to the pollution from coal and strip mines killing off plants that they live on and the trees/brush that the shelter under. That is what Obama and his people want: a cleaner America!
You obviously have no idea what your talking about so stay out of this and quit spreading lies.
I am thankful

Wise, VA

#14 Nov 22, 2012
if you know what you are talking about why don't you give an answer.......oh then maybe the previous poster was right huh
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have no idea what your talking about so stay out of this and quit spreading lies.
yeahright

Knoxville, TN

#15 Nov 27, 2012
Yes said: you obviously have no idea what your talking about so stay out of this and quit spreading lies.
~~~~~~~~~~
Your talking to a grandchild and child of coal miner's one of which dug coal out with an auger and a mule! I also lived in the area in the 70's and watched the miners then go from nice trucks/homes/cars and clothes to nothing because they wanted more, more, more! I lived there during two deadly explosions that occurred because the Union may have got them good money but they could not do anything about the greedy coal operators who made foremen fudge on rules and paper work so they could make up the money they lost.
The environment is better now than when I was a child living there but even now- drive up Guest River Road out of Esserville and keep your eye to the left. Tell me that this area is safe to live in? It looks deadly to people and I am sure you won't see any wildlife there these days.
So- I do know what I am talking about. As for the deep coal- go web search for yourself. The mines have picked up some lately but that Power Plant will NOT be able to operate with the cost of coal if they buy from the area. It would hurt the President of the Power Company's pocketbook to much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wise County Schools: Disgrace 7 hr looking for a sol... 3
Madison Mullins 12 hr Mello 2
Looking for Info about the Flea Market on 23 in... (Apr '12) Wed My opinion 15
Adam Atari Apr 25 Igotdainfo 1
Sykes is terrible (Apr '15) Apr 25 Truth Speaker 73
2 faced women(sluts) cheating on husband's Apr 25 Margaret 6
Lowes Apr 25 find out 16

Wise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance