Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

mhall wrote:
i called just to let manager know what was on face book and topix he was rude i guess crap flows from top down no wonder she dont care to trash people
i am a grandmother who has custody of grandchildren
i use wic i will not use wise food city again
From what i have heard he is real close to some his cashiers, very close.
first is coming

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

someone should post her schedule and everyone on some type of assistance should make it a point to through her line.

But on a more serious note, if you are to proud to take help and your family is starving then YOU should have been the one to never have had kids. Yes some people abuse the system but not all. And if things ever got bad for me I would do whatever it takes to make sure my family eats.
wow

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

As long as the hot ones don't get fired. Some fine baby dolls there.
Anonymous

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

First things first, I know this girl very well and I'll have you all know that she has every right to rant on twitter and facebook. She's in college and she works, is thousands of dollars in debt just so she can be the one to provide for herself. She never said all people on welfare are lazy lowlifes and the ones who get offended by someone speaking out on it are obviously the ones who abuse it. She has family members on welfare, and knows people who have lost their jobs and have had to resort to it. She wasn't talking about the people who are less fortunate, she was talking about the ones who come into food city with thier iphones and expensive handbags buying food with ebt and then buying beer and cigarettes with hundred dollar bills. My mother received food stamps when I was younger because times were hard and not because she was a drug addict. And in some way we are all hardworking no matter what it is we do. I myself work and go to school, And I don't want to pay taxes just so someone addicted to drugs and alcohol can buy their kids food. People like that should never have kids. And to whoever posted this is obviously jealous of what Amanda has and knows her personally. But just so you all know Amanda would never look down on someone in need of assistance that wasn't abusing it. Don't judge people without knowing the whole truth.
Really

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Maybe she should defend herself. She's pissed off a lot of people that know her name, but she doesn't know anybody that has spoke on this topic.
Amanda McCarthy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Okay! As an employee of food city, I am a good worker! I respect the foodcity rules. I never once said anyone's name on my Facebook so whoever said that has got it all wrong. I never complain about someone who is having a hard time and has asked for help. I complain about the people who abuse the system and I promise all of you I am not the only one to complain about those types of people! Whoever started this topix was probably offended at something I said! Or just trying to make themselves feel better. Topix is a place where people go to rant and not show their real names, a place where people feel bad behind a computer trash talking someone! whoever posted this was looking into making me lose my job. i have been with food city over a year and even transferred to the wise food city so i could still work during college. But just so you all know I work hard an pay for what I have! Someone should not be scared to ask for help but it is the people that brag about what they get for free! I'm not saying everyone on the system is like that but some are! I was talking about the ones that drive nice cars, have designer hand bags, iPhones, etc. I never once complain about the people who really need it! I am in college and hope to become a doctor one day to help people! I would give the shirt off my back for someone who needed it not someone who already had one! My Facebook was not private and I do not rant on twitter about welfare. So whoever posted this had to have been on my friends list. And by the way my twitter is private to! So you have your so called facts wrong. I always wanna throw in there that every customer that comes through my line they leave with a smile on their face because I'm a good cashier! Ebt or no ebt. And by the way my name tag is broken as of the moment so I don't wear it. So you would never know. So please anyone that has any questions feel free to ask but until you know that facts please keep your opinions or so called facts to yourself and don't bash people behind a computer. Everyone have a good day & stay warm!
Agreed

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

So what ur saying is if I have a nice handbag that I'm abusing the system? Like I stated before I DO work & have a child that doesn't get support from her father so yes I get help but I also work & pay taxes. Not that its any of ur business but I get nice gifts for holidays from family that includes handbags & I've had the same phone (blackberry) for 3 years. & do u run to the door to see what people drive? U say don't judge but ur being awefully judgemental don't u think. U don't know what's going on in a persons life, until u do don't talk abt people u don't know. All people r not out to screw the system some need help & r not on drugs & want to make sure their kids don't go without. I hope u never fall on hard times & have to ask for help & people make u feel like u do others. & u don't need a name tag, u have a profile pic. Have a great day & keep ur mouth shut.
Amanda McCarthy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

The people that abuse the system! That's who I was talking about. It's easy to hide with a name like agreed don't you think? Obviously you only read what you wanted to because I stated that not all welfare people are on drugs etc. and you said not to judge before you know someone. You judged when your first commented on this. I never once called anyone out.
Amanda McCarthy

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I don't care to help someone in need! I have already stated that! But I refuse to help someone so they can buy food with ebt and buy alcohol and tobacco with money! If you are putting into the system then good for you that is how it should work! But if you are not working, sitting at home on drugs, or are constantly drunk that yes I am talking about you! But if you pay into it and work and still can't make ends meet then get off my back because I never said anything about the people that work, etc. To everyone on here how do you feel hiding behind a fake username? Be real!
Just me

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I agree with the girls comments, there is nothing worse than knowing someone on the draw that can't work because they say they are in such bad health, but can hunt, ride 4 wheelers, spend their money on cigarettes, beer, and drugs. If you are so broke maybe you should spend what extra money you have on food or clothes for your family. I refuse to go shopping at wall mart on the first of the month. Watching people load their buggies up until the T-bone steaks are falling out the side makes me want to puke, and when they get to the cashier they have her go and get a few cartons of cigarettes.

I know that there are people who need assistance and don't abuse the system, but it is the ones who are fully capable to work and refuse because of being too lazy. What makes it worse is to hear people brag about their situation and their kids will end up the same way. Sorry if this offends you but it's the truth. Those of you who truly need the assistance I'm thankful that the government is able to help until you are able to get back on your feet. For those of you that abuse it I hope that your assistance stops tomorrow, and I could care less if you have to sleep in the cold.
Amanda McCarthy

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Just me, exactly.
Mom

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

For whoever posted this shit about my daughter post you name ! You know amanda you know me ! You know where I live ! Come and see me ! You want to talk about slander you better have those Facebook and twitter post with names printed out ! Because I do have this printed and I can get your IP address ! I had amanda when I was 17 do you not think she knows all about government assistance you dumb ass ! Has she been brought up not to abuse it and to work and get off it hell yes ! You got a problem with that that's your ignorance ! This is America jack opinions are like assholes ! If that offends you to dam bad ! Like I said you know who and where I am come see me ! And by the way when you use a effin public supermarket everyone behind your ass knows your business !
Mom

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Really wrote:
Maybe she should defend herself. She's pissed off a lot of people that know her name, but she doesn't know anybody that has spoke on this topic.
people hide behind a computer and not give their name ! You talk about someone kid you need to be an adult and post your name
Mom

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

flip flop 4 wrote:
Thanks for posting the name I will be sure to go through her line with 2 buggies full and use my food stamp card I may hand her my medicade card first lol sad that the ones that have broke them selves down working get looked at like this because of the ones that want a hand out
if you broke yourself down working for it fine you deserve it flip flop and I have raised my daughter better than what this trash is throwing out here ! So you go through her line and hand over your Medicaid card !
Amanda McCarthy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Thanks mom
Mom

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Tall Guy wrote:
<quoted text>From what i have heard he is real close to some his cashiers, very close.
"MHall better have some proof or she will look like the pathetic loser he or she is !
Mom

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Amanda McCarthy wrote:
Thanks mom
baby don't let the ignorance of this world get you down ! I know I raised you better than this trash is portraying you ! You are a great person with a big heart ! Do you get mad when people are leashes on society hell yes that's how I raised you ! You go to class get an education and work for a living that's the American way ! Not living off a government you never paid into !
Mom

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Mom wrote:
<quoted text>and do you have proof of these Facebook and twitter post grandma???? And was your name in them ? You call a college students job to cause trouble you better have !
and and please state your name since you stated my daughters!
Mom

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I can not wait till all people on welfare has to piss in a cup to feed an insure their kids ! I dam well have to ! Btw!
Mom

Big Stone Gap, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

ReaperDragon wrote:
You know what, I'd love to see her, or anyone else for that matter that looks down on people for having to resort to EBT live on them for a month. For some odd reason, people are under the impression that people who receive EBT or WIC are rich...What the f^*& have you people been smoking?
amanda did live on government assistance until I her mother went back to school and got a degree so I could get off welfare ! But I can tell you one thing people that have food stamps eat a lot better then those of us that works for a living ! Go to any store any first of the month and watch !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Wise Forum right now

Search the Wise Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
the new bargain thrift store Fri Anna 6
New restaurant going into the old Pizza Hut Fri Yep 3
Katie and Josh Orender Fri Beachboy 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Fri Hoolio 2,539
indian mountain trade center (Dec '12) Thu PleaseNo 59
old kmart?? Thu Whew 8
Why should we comply? Wed dem 8
•••
•••
•••
Wise Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wise Jobs

•••