attn. food city shoppers

Posted in the Wise Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ugh

Wise, VA

#2 Jan 27, 2013
Good for her. She's entitled to her opinions. I think it's time that all the sorry people who don't work and suckle at the government teat found out how people really felt about them. I'm sick and tired of working everyday so Jane Doe, who's never worked a day in her life, can take her army of kids and get everything for free.
I understand truly disabled people getting help, but I get damn tired of people in their 20s and early 30s screaming they can't work.
Young Mother

Gate City, VA

#3 Jan 27, 2013
I am a young mother. Yes I do get Wic and EBT but I also used to work and paid in on taxes! I also have medical problems and can't work anymore and my family helps me with my baby. Don't judge others who receive these services unless you know for sure they are lazy and just using the system. Some of us younger people actually need it. I know from personal experience!
someone

Herndon, VA

#5 Jan 27, 2013
ok I get Wic and I also get Stamps and my disabillty is I have 4 detareting disk in my back I have spures on my spine and I also have sicouise or however u spell it and Its hard for me to stand up for a long time and bend over or get up by myself and I am only 22 they want me to have surgery on my back but I wont now say something about me
harv

Gate City, VA

#6 Jan 27, 2013
All you typical Wise County "I'm better than you" types need to know: Karma is a real b----. I hope you never find out what hard times really are.
What Nerve

Roanoke, VA

#7 Jan 27, 2013
someone wrote:
ok I get Wic and I also get Stamps and my disabillty is I have 4 detareting disk in my back I have spures on my spine and I also have sicouise or however u spell it and Its hard for me to stand up for a long time and bend over or get up by myself and I am only 22 they want me to have surgery on my back but
I wont now say something about me
If you can lay on your back, spread your legs, have sex, have a baby, your sorry ass can work and pay for your own kids.
Cant_take_anymor e

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jan 27, 2013
We all lay on our backs and spread our legs from time to time, unless we have some serious issues. It's human nature, nothing wrong with it, learn to like it please. I don't get assistance myself but if you weren't so insecure you would not have to worry about other people so much. You would feel confident that you can take care of yourself and afford to give something back to those who may make mistakes when they are TOO YOUNG TO KNOW BETTER!
come on

Tucker, GA

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Ugh wrote:
Good for her. She's entitled to her opinions. I think it's time that all the sorry people who don't work and suckle at the government teat found out how people really felt about them. I'm sick and tired of working everyday so Jane Doe, who's never worked a day in her life, can take her army of kids and get everything for free.
I understand truly disabled people getting help, but I get damn tired of people in their 20s and early 30s screaming they can't work.
I work 40+ hours a week, Have a child && I do get Wic--- it's a nice thing to have and not because I'm lazy. I work, I pay taxes-- just had a child with someone who chose not to be a part of things-- it is nice to get a little help. Either it be from a spouse or government.-- It was an unfortunate situation. Sometimes people need a little help and shouldn't be afraid to ask. May I ask do you work? If not, why? If so, awesome, me too.
?????

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2013
I thought this thread was about a girl at Food City posting names of people on her Facebook who got government assistance??? Who cares if you get Food Stamps or not, truth is they are there for people who need them and apparently for some who are lazy. That's the GOVERNMENTS fault!!! Not ours and not for us to judge. But I do know that if she is posting names and giving away that confidentially she can be fired and she can be sued for "slander".

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11 Jan 27, 2013
You know what, I'd love to see her, or anyone else for that matter that looks down on people for having to resort to EBT live on them for a month. For some odd reason, people are under the impression that people who receive EBT or WIC are rich...What the f^*& have you people been smoking?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#12 Jan 27, 2013
What Nerve wrote:
<quoted text> If you can lay on your back, spread your legs, have sex, have a baby, your sorry ass can work and pay for your own kids.
And you can do us all a favor and pull your lip over your head and swallow you self-righteous prick. You make it sound as if EVERYONE getting assistance are baby factories.
Agreed

Wise, VA

#13 Jan 28, 2013
come on wrote:
<quoted text>
I work 40+ hours a week, Have a child && I do get Wic--- it's a nice thing to have and not because I'm lazy. I work, I pay taxes-- just had a child with someone who chose not to be a part of things-- it is nice to get a little help. Either it be from a spouse or government.-- It was an unfortunate situation. Sometimes people need a little help and shouldn't be afraid to ask. May I ask do you work? If not, why? If so, awesome, me too.
I agree totally, I also work & receive WIC & EBT. I only have 1 child that also the father won't pay child support. Some people are lazy & don't work but for the people that do work & still need help, we pay taxes just like the next person with a job. This girl should be reported to Food City for bad mouthing their customers. People will stop going there if they feel judged. I know I will look for her name tag when I go there (which isn't often, they r to high) & I won't go to her line.
Ever think

United States

#14 Jan 28, 2013
Ugh wrote:
That some people who has WIC are foster parents??
flip flop 4

Wise, VA

#15 Jan 28, 2013
Thanks for posting the name I will be sure to go through her line with 2 buggies full and use my food stamp card I may hand her my medicade card first lol sad that the ones that have broke them selves down working get looked at like this because of the ones that want a hand out
Ugh

Wise, VA

#16 Jan 28, 2013
come on wrote:
<quoted text>
When I said in my previous post I get sick and tired of working everyday to support these people.... That should have been a great clue for you that, yes, I do have a job. I also raise a child, without assistance I might add, because we have enough go get it and pride to stand and take a handout.
lol

United States

#17 Jan 28, 2013
Typical Wise County attitudes.
Yes there are

Gate City, VA

#18 Jan 28, 2013
Works very hard wrote:
<quoted text>
And so may I ask you what problem do you have that you can't work? I see disabled people working all the time!!!
Well if you must know. I have had Brain Surgery and a few other surgeries. Who are you to judge me? You have no idea what I am going through and what I have been through. Yes I don't work but its not because I choose not to its because of Doctors orders. So before you run your mouth about people know their whole situation first! Sometimes just because stuff seems ok from the outside doesn't mean it is on the inside!

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
fa la la la la

United States

#19 Jan 28, 2013
Ugh wrote:
Go get your gun and blow your head off! Bet you have a bumper sticker that states "THIS IS MURICA!"

Haha f u cking rube!!
Ignorant Fops

Big Stone Gap, VA

#20 Jan 28, 2013
I hope that you all bashing people that need help never have to ask for help at any point in your life. With the way things are over 1/2 the people in the country are on some type of assistance.

I work, but my hours, due to buisness, are part time I receive WIC and food stamps, but guess what I pay taxes to..NOT everyone that gets help is a lazy drug addict.
come on

Tucker, GA

#21 Jan 28, 2013
Ugh wrote:
<quoted text>When I said in my previous post I get sick and tired of working everyday to support these people.... That should have been a great clue for you that, yes, I do have a job. I also raise a child, without assistance I might add, because we have enough go get it and pride to stand and take a handout.
People like you are why I am sometimes ashamed to use my Wic--You should be ashamed of yourself. My child is older now but buying formula without help would have been impossible! Shame on you for having this mindset and treating people the way you do. I only WISH I got food stamps, but unfortunately I make too much for that. Think about it before you say such mean things-- You never know what may happen and you'll be the next person in line trying to get some help.
sad world we live in

Bristol, VA

#22 Jan 28, 2013
sounds like there is a few people on here that think there to good to recieve assistance well if u havent noticed there arent many good jobs around here and thats what i pay taxes for so people can get help when they need it and i know alot abuse the system and there is alot that dont and really need help but the topix is this girl thats doing this at food city need to be reported she would be fired for this. and no i dont get assistance and there is nothing wrong with getting it if u need it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Music anyone? (Oct '13) 2 hr Musikologist 160
3 stacked (Nov '16) 11 hr honeymylove 169
Add a word drop a word (Oct '11) 12 hr honeymylove 468
Sykes and Frontier Tue Yupy 5
Heather Robbins Mon mmmmmmm 5
telemed (May '14) Jul 17 wow 21
Quality Car Care ,in norton va (Sep '12) Jul 16 Lou 6

Wise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance