Kill a kid get to walk around free

Kill a kid get to walk around free

Posted in the Wise Forum

pissed

Big Stone Gap, VA

#1 Jan 9, 2013
I guess Brandi is free for a while, or for good, she gets a slap on the wrist for killing her child, and is granted bond. I know people that have been denied bond for way less crimes.

And the interview Mr. Baldwin did with WCYB yesterday makes me ashamed I ever stood up for him. After all the chit he talked about her and begging people to make sure she remained in jail. To get on TV and defend this monster mom..Before long they will be back together.

I do hope Emma gets justice but it will have to be in the afterlife not here in wise county
Hmmmm

Jonesville, VA

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Wow I miss the interview but heard she was granted bail but did she get out?
Wow

Natural Bridge, VA

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Yep she's out...SMDH!
Hmmmm

Mooresville, NC

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Who would put up the money
hall

Ewing, VA

#5 Jan 10, 2013
WISE COUNTY NO DOUBT I THINK IT IS UNFAIR HOW CAN YOU PLEA BARGIN WITH SOMEONE THAT IS AS GUILTY AS THE ONE SITTING IN JAIL WHAT ABOUT EMMA ? I WAS AT COURT WITH MY DAD OVER SOMEONE STEALING HIS CAR WHEN THEY DONR THE RALLY FOR EMMA YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD HOW THEY {SHERRIFS DEPT ,TOWN COPS DIFFERNT ONES} THOUGHT IT JOKE AND HOW THEY WOULD HAVE TO CALM DOWN RALLY {SARCASTICALLY} NO COMPASSION SO HOW DOES SHE GET THIS SPECIAL TREATMENTB FOR 2ND DEGREE MURDER?
i heard that the skank is

Wise, VA

#6 Jan 10, 2013
i heard that the skanky brandie is related to ronnie oakes. that's how she gets special treatment. it would appear ronnie oakes is in favor of child murderers.
hall

Ewing, VA

#7 Jan 10, 2013
that is why we as citizensneed to take a stand and clean out wise county all the crooked people it is all about you pat my back ill pat yours from our judges,lawyers even our police they are suppose to be for the people that is a joke! time for true justice to reign
Crooked

Big Stone Gap, VA

#8 Jan 10, 2013
I had commented on WCYB's website about this and it seems the comment was removed, most likely at the request of our "fine" sheriff Mr. Oakes. As far as I know Ronnie Oakes and Brandi Maxine Oakes Baldwin (Yes her maiden name is Oakes) aren't related, but that's as far as I know. I do find it very very suspect that she's charged with 2nd degree murder charges and only gets a $25,000 bond. I had gotten in trouble as a teen and ended up in a group home, after about a month there, my roommate and a couple of other boys decided to burn the place down, since I knew about it, I was charged as an accessory after the fact because I didn't tell on them. My bond for "Accessory after the fact of Arson" was $50,000. How is it that as a juvenile, I was charged with a lesser crime than MURDER but had a higher bond? Keep in mind Brandi has a record of drug offenses and still had a low bond on a MURDER charge. Someone in charge in Wise County is acting like her "Saving Grace" and keeping her out of harms way for a reason. But as far as "Cleaning out Wise of all the crooked people", can't do that when just about everyone here is crooked, because if you cleaned them all out, there would be no one left to run the place. I've lived here all my life, and if there is one thing I have learned it's that the "Good 'ol boy" system here in Wise County is here to stay, unless the people stand up and say enough is enough. Problem is, they are afraid to. Ever wonder why NO ONE runs against Ronnie Oakes in the elections when it's time to elect a new sheriff? Intimidation tactics work well to keep people like him in office...
the whole pd is lousy

Wise, VA

#9 Jan 10, 2013
Crooked wrote:
I had commented on WCYB's website about this and it seems the comment was removed, most likely at the request of our "fine" sheriff Mr. Oakes. As far as I know Ronnie Oakes and Brandi Maxine Oakes Baldwin (Yes her maiden name is Oakes) aren't related, but that's as far as I know. I do find it very very suspect that she's charged with 2nd degree murder charges and only gets a $25,000 bond. I had gotten in trouble as a teen and ended up in a group home, after about a month there, my roommate and a couple of other boys decided to burn the place down, since I knew about it, I was charged as an accessory after the fact because I didn't tell on them. My bond for "Accessory after the fact of Arson" was $50,000. How is it that as a juvenile, I was charged with a lesser crime than MURDER but had a higher bond? Keep in mind Brandi has a record of drug offenses and still had a low bond on a MURDER charge. Someone in charge in Wise County is acting like her "Saving Grace" and keeping her out of harms way for a reason. But as far as "Cleaning out Wise of all the crooked people", can't do that when just about everyone here is crooked, because if you cleaned them all out, there would be no one left to run the place. I've lived here all my life, and if there is one thing I have learned it's that the "Good 'ol boy" system here in Wise County is here to stay, unless the people stand up and say enough is enough. Problem is, they are afraid to. Ever wonder why NO ONE runs against Ronnie Oakes in the elections when it's time to elect a new sheriff? Intimidation tactics work well to keep people like him in office...
yes i agree the sheriff's office is of no help i needed help with a stalker problem but they wouldn't offer any services if you don't have any proof they would just try to turn it around on you like you are the bad guy . lousy sherrif's office. the whole wise county pd is lousy. they think they can get away with being pedos too.
smdh

United States

#10 Jan 10, 2013
not by any means am I taking up for the dumb B####....but the reason she was bonded is bc she didnt actually commit the crime (she wasnt there when it happened)..she just tried to cover it up afterwards...who in the h### would go to the hospital to visit their dying child and intentionally bring along the sick bas#ard who did it??....One Fd up individual is all I can say...seems to me there may b a lil more to the story bc I know there is no way in h### Im the only human walking this earth that sees the striking resemblances between Juwann, Emma and Juwann's other children....HELLO...it aint rocket science!!...its called D N A
Hmmmm

Jonesville, VA

#11 Jan 10, 2013
I just don't understand why the daddy is all over Facebook telling people to go to hell and f you and all that then turn around and wants people to support him ugh NO and then his Instagram picture is a picture of the baby in the hospital bed are you freakin serious I think he gets off on the attention he is getting. He said he was a member of the Virginia witness protection program OKAY he is a quack you can't let no one know where u are when you are in that and blasting it that you are in coeburn QUACK
flip flop 4

Wise, VA

#12 Jan 11, 2013
I think the bond was more than that 25 is what had to be put up. Ben is a joke. I wonder who would put up this kind of money house land or what ever for this monster to get out. Hey its wise county for ya the killer will gt out next so whatch ya kids
hall

Ewing, VA

#13 Jan 11, 2013
i heard they where at huddle housthe am the day emma was rushed to hospital from pole bridge road
with pawpaw and brandie went in and juwann and he took food back to car for emma why can you tell no one want the child to be seen who would leave child in car brandie is as guilty as juwann i also was told there where several who where partying several days leading up to this i dont think wise county is gathering facts i believe she was there not at walmart like stated someone other needs to investigate and some one who isnt buddy/buddy with wise county as for the day one week after this he was email my daughters friend and trying to hook up
what is wrong here where is justice
he needs help

United States

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
I just don't understand why the daddy is all over Facebook telling people to go to hell and f you and all that then turn around and wants people to support him ugh NO and then his Instagram picture is a picture of the baby in the hospital bed are you freakin serious I think he gets off on the attention he is getting. He said he was a member of the Virginia witness protection program OKAY he is a quack you can't let no one know where u are when you are in that and blasting it that you are in coeburn QUACK
That's all it is. He wants attention and money. He claims to be raising money for her final expenses but he buys custom tshirts, stickers, etc. with that money. Also he doesn't have to pay for attorneys because the Commonwealths attorneys office is doing that case since its a crime against the state. He's just wanting attention and more people need to know that.
blind no more

Big Stone Gap, VA

#15 Jan 11, 2013
he needs help wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all it is. He wants attention and money. He claims to be raising money for her final expenses but he buys custom tshirts, stickers, etc. with that money. Also he doesn't have to pay for attorneys because the Commonwealths attorneys office is doing that case since its a crime against the state. He's just wanting attention and more people need to know that.
Thats what really put me off and the fact if you ask a simple question. You get banned from all his sites, atleast my facebook is less clogged up. All I did was ask him why he was so against the bond in the first place, posting all those pics he did around christmas and get on tv and say he support this decision and is standing by brandi...No answer but a big fat ban...and probably a bunch of trash talked about me but atleast I didn't send him any money.
Anonymous

Norton, VA

#16 Jan 11, 2013
It makes me sick that people have been apologizing to him for Brandie getting bonded out when he AGREED to the terms of her being let out. Thats like going to Juwan and apologizing to him for him murdering Emma... DUH! These people seriously make me wonder about their intelligence. For the life of me, I can NOT understand how not everybody can see right through him and what hes up to. I mean its pretty obviously. I just hope that everybody he has fooled now WILL see the truth in the end about him.

And to go with "Hmmmm"'s comment, if he truly was in witness protection then he has already put his self in danger being online 24/7!!!! Not to mention he has NO reason to be in witness protection! He so stupid. Thats why I dont understand how people could believe ANY thing that comes out of his mouth!
who knows

Roanoke, VA

#17 Jan 12, 2013
Its terrible and horrifying that he lost his child but I be damned if I am gonna give him one cent. Just because he lost his child does not give him an excuse to be a bum for the rest of his life. The things he says and does are ridiculous. "Fundraisers" my ass. More like a free ride for Ben. It's sad that he exploits Emma's death like he does for free money. Just my opinion. I also think he is the most self-centered, arrogant prick I have ever encountered. Ugh.
Well

Radford, VA

#18 Jan 12, 2013
I think people are starting to see Ben's true colors. He was so quick to comment on the subject when it first happened but now all he can do is bash people on his many pages. He commented on Topix a lot in the beginning but where is he now? I'll tell you where he is...sitting in his mother's house probably getting drunk with the money that people has sent him. Either that or planning a visit to a bar, like he did with the Fizz on the night of Emma's fundraiser. We all know you and your followers read these comments so why not defend yourself Ben? Why not tell your side? If you would answer one question for me, my opinion, and maybe others would change....why in the hell would you let your children go back knowing they were being abused? Why would you save that for your divorce? When I heard you admit to having pictures of Emma's bruises, that sealed it for me. I knew then and there that you were nothing but a conman trying to gain something from your own child's death! Call the FBI, take out some warrants, and continue your ranting and raving on all your many pages. Nothing will change the fact that you did NOTHING to protect your daughter!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know Lyndon mcfall 1 hr betty davis eyes 3
FAKE MOMS on FB 1 hr enquiring minds 18
Inline hockey 9 hr Hansen 2
"UVA" Wise is a JOKE! "UVA is in Charlottesville" Sun UVA-Wise Alumni 6
Government building across from Sykes???????? Sat Not for you 5
Inline hockey Jun 23 Hockey24 1
Wise co IDA sued Where's the money ? Jun 21 evil devil 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wise Mortgages