Jehovah's Witnesses: Christmas celebr...

Jehovah's Witnesses: Christmas celebrations don't honor Jesus

There are 230 comments on the WisInfo story from Dec 4, 2010, titled Jehovah's Witnesses: Christmas celebrations don't honor Jesus. In it, WisInfo reports that:

Editor's note: Following is the first part in a December series about local faith communities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WisInfo.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
AuroraMom

Aurora, IL

#232 Dec 23, 2010
Old Cop wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope... Not true... They teach that Hell doesn't exist...
They promise "hell" for worshiping the cult.
Forever hanging out with those bunch of nasty nitwits, is hell for 99.99% of the worlds population.
AuroraMom

Aurora, IL

#233 Dec 23, 2010
FLCRACKER wrote:
How come when a teen witness gets in trouble like most teens they are separated from the others and made to sit away from all at church ?
The same reason the suicide and drug, alcohol and promiscuous sex rates are so high at the Kingdom Hall.
They care nothing about the emotional and mental health of children, and instead make them the scapegoats.
That is why virtually every child with the sad fate of growing up in the Jehovah's Witness cult leaves.
The WBTS abuses them, why would they want that for their own children???

Since: Feb 08

Mesa, AZ

#234 Dec 24, 2010
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. Considered bad association.. and it's suppose to make them change their life around.. There is a problem with that that the Elders don't seem to understand.. The teen needs guidance.. and sitting them in the corner so to speak.. Is disapline.. without guidance.. And the teen isn't mature enough to learn from a time out..
Oh if your a parent your children are lucky you get what so many don't at the kingdom halls.

I was never df'd but my sister was and it was outrageous what our mother put all us kids through to prove we were doing the christian thing by shunning her. Her crime smoking a cigarette and having a teen additude due to having been sexualy abused then later a different kind of assualt by an elders son to bad no one really cared to find out why she had spun out of control..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#235 Dec 24, 2010
lise2468 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh if your a parent your children are lucky you get what so many don't at the kingdom halls.
I was never df'd but my sister was and it was outrageous what our mother put all us kids through to prove we were doing the christian thing by shunning her. Her crime smoking a cigarette and having a teen additude due to having been sexualy abused then later a different kind of assualt by an elders son to bad no one really cared to find out why she had spun out of control..
. As a parent.. And having been abused by adults when I was a child.. I do know that generally there is a reason.. behind the scene that need to be considered.. And so often.. no one bothers to care.. Many feel that the Child is just rebeling... But never think about what they might rebeling against..
FLCRACKER

Sarasota, FL

#236 Dec 28, 2010
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. Considered bad association.. and it's suppose to make them change their life around.. There is a problem with that that the Elders don't seem to understand.. The teen needs guidance.. and sitting them in the corner so to speak.. Is disapline.. without guidance.. And the teen isn't mature enough to learn from a time out..
I had a friend I grew up with that was witness I'm 40 years old now. I think the no guidance thing with him growing up messed him all up bad he lives on the streets and hooked on crack. I see him time to time he looks bad. I blame his parents and his church.

Location hidden

#237 Dec 29, 2010
FLCRACKER wrote:
<quoted text> I had a friend I grew up with that was witness I'm 40 years old now. I think the no guidance thing with him growing up messed him all up bad he lives on the streets and hooked on crack. I see him time to time he looks bad. I blame his parents and his church.
. there is a lot of that.. parents are constantly on the children to make a good impression.. And behind the scenes.. it's not good.. Many of them are abused for the very act of being children who have a hard time sitting still and being quiet.. It isn't normal for them to do so.. I've seen some that seem the best behaved go further over the deep end then the ones cut a bit of slack. Parents are so hung up on making a good impression that the kids don't stand a chance.. Never allowed to just be a child.. Get dirty. and make a bit of noise.. You've got to know ..that they ..will eventually.. Sad.but predictable..
There was a brother in Syracuse I knew when I was young.. parents wanted him to go to Bethel.. he did.. Fell in love with a colored girl.and became engaged to her.. His mother about had a coranary.. So he broke his engagement.. Got tossed out of bethel for it.. And went home to MAMA... Problem is he knew that she was the problem but couldn't let go of the apron strings.. got into drugs and committed suicide.. For what..because his mother ..was a showy display of so called virtue and the kids had to toe the mark. or pay the consequences.. SICK.. Wonder how she held her head up when her son got thrown out of ( WTS. eqivalant of having a Priest in the family fell apart.)

Mesa, AZ

#238 Dec 29, 2010
FLCRACKER wrote:
<quoted text> I had a friend I grew up with that was witness I'm 40 years old now. I think the no guidance thing with him growing up messed him all up bad he lives on the streets and hooked on crack. I see him time to time he looks bad. I blame his parents and his church.
not surprised at all I'm sorry for your friend we are around the same age so I know what it was like back then.

Mesa, AZ

#239 Dec 29, 2010
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. there is a lot of that.. parents are constantly on the children to make a good impression.. And behind the scenes.. it's not good.. Many of them are abused for the very act of being children who have a hard time sitting still and being quiet.. It isn't normal for them to do so.. I've seen some that seem the best behaved go further over the deep end then the ones cut a bit of slack. Parents are so hung up on making a good impression that the kids don't stand a chance.. Never allowed to just be a child.. Get dirty. and make a bit of noise.. You've got to know ..that they ..will eventually.. Sad.but predictable..
There was a brother in Syracuse I knew when I was young.. parents wanted him to go to Bethel.. he did.. Fell in love with a colored girl.and became engaged to her.. His mother about had a coranary.. So he broke his engagement.. Got tossed out of bethel for it.. And went home to MAMA... Problem is he knew that she was the problem but couldn't let go of the apron strings.. got into drugs and committed suicide.. For what..because his mother ..was a showy display of so called virtue and the kids had to toe the mark. or pay the consequences.. SICK.. Wonder how she held her head up when her son got thrown out of ( WTS. eqivalant of having a Priest in the family fell apart.)
I bet most of us here have very simular things we have seen in our old cong..too sad isn't it that people base their childrens sucess on a title at the hall or how well they dress to impress.

Location hidden

#240 Dec 29, 2010
lise2468 wrote:
<quoted text>I bet most of us here have very simular things we have seen in our old cong..too sad isn't it that people base their childrens sucess on a title at the hall or how well they dress to impress.
. I sure most have.. In most cases those very ones that may be living it..Will deny that it is true.. They close their eyes and wish away..
Did not make the 144000

Manchester, TN

#241 Oct 24, 2011
AuroraMom wrote:
NO, Christmas does honor Jesus, and Jehovah's Witnesses worship and honor only the WBTS.
Christmas is a holiday that brings family and friends together, Jehovah's Witnesses are isolated from anyone but other Jehovah's Witnesses.
This is how all cults operate.
Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christian and do not follow Christ's teachings.
Grandma got passed over by Jehovah
Got caught celebrating Christmas Eve
Used to preach there's no such thing as Santa
Now she's trapped on earth with you and me
She'd been sneaking early presents
To her grandkids great surprise
Two weeks early for exemption
She thought the Lord Jehovah wasn't wise
But God saw right through her scheming
and a line went through her name
Now she'll never know salvation
She'll grow old alone and she's the one to blame
(what a shame)
Now we're all so sad for Grandma
She's not taking this so well
See her in there reading scriptures
Drinking beer and eating beans from Taco Bell
It's not Christmas here with Grandma
Every day she's dressed in black
And we just can't help but wonder
Should we hide the knives in fear of an attack
(She'll attack)
Grandma climbs up on the table
And pours egg nog in her hair
Throws her bible in the oven
And waves her middle finger in the air
She warns all her friends and family
Better watch out for yourselves
Then she lights her head on fire
And scream allowed "See all of you in hell"
(She's in hell)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisconsin Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pacific International (Apr '06) Feb '17 Kim 115
Former Irving School House in Wisconsin Rapids (Jan '10) Aug '16 Bergy 22
News Pat, left, and Brad Pavloski were honored as As... (Nov '08) Jun '16 CastleRockAnglers... 2
Review: Prybuy.com (Aug '11) Jan '16 sam 6
News Wisconsin Rapids United Way to Provide Free Cel... (Jul '14) Apr '15 Almost amish 2
News Joshua Allen 'Josh' Halverson (Sep '10) Dec '14 Mike 3
Angela Schlangenhaft (Jun '14) Jun '14 Smarts 1

Wisconsin Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wisconsin Rapids Mortgages