First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Da Crapper

Potsdam, NY

#24 Mar 26, 2013
Mistaken wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't take jobs out of towns, they moved jobs to other towns. Jealousy is Ugly. UAW is alive and strong . Stay in Massena your whole life and enjoy your Toyota - really has no effect on me. We will be set in another 10 years and retire by the age of 50. What will you be doing? Still complaining I'm sure.
UAW is alive and well??? You apparently have $hit for brains!!! When was the last time you took a ride through Detroit? That is where you see first hand exactly how well the UAW has been to that city.
gubbub

Pittsburgh, PA

#25 Mar 26, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
A Car Lot is a Start
Mistaken

Coraopolis, PA

#26 Mar 26, 2013
Da Crapper wrote:
<quoted text>
UAW is alive and well??? You apparently have $hit for brains!!! When was the last time you took a ride through Detroit? That is where you see first hand exactly how well the UAW has been to that city.
Your rude and obnoxious- and I'm no longer responding to your tantrums. Good luck to you. Cheer up life's too short to be so miserable.
Da Crapper

Potsdam, NY

#27 Mar 26, 2013
Mistaken wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rude and obnoxious- and I'm no longer responding to your tantrums. Good luck to you. Cheer up life's too short to be so miserable.
What's the matter? Can't you come up with a rebuttal? That's right, it's because you can't. When we the taxpayers have to bail out GM because of the UAWs' bankrupting of GM's pension fund/health care after retirement you have no leg to stand on in regards to this topic. Actually we bailed the UAW, NOT GM!!!!!! Care to step in it again?
Eman Resu

East Syracuse, NY

#28 Mar 26, 2013
Pete at Barstows in Potsdam is great to deal with.
Tim

Canton, NY

#29 Mar 26, 2013
All the dealerships are the same. The trick is to not trade any cars in. That is where people really take a screwing. I will never trade any of my cars. I have 4 on the road and am looking to purchase a new one now. I will not trade. I will keep them registered rather than give the dealers a deal.
Mistaken

Coraopolis, PA

#30 Mar 26, 2013
Da Crapper wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter? Can't you come up with a rebuttal? That's right, it's because you can't. When we the taxpayers have to bail out GM because of the UAWs' bankrupting of GM's pension fund/health care after retirement you have no leg to stand on in regards to this topic. Actually we bailed the UAW, NOT GM!!!!!! Care to step in it again?
Lol Thankyou?
butchs

Massena, NY

#31 Mar 26, 2013
I would go to Butch's on rt 56. Its in Norfolk. He is honest and stands behind his merchandise. You also get wonderful deals! He's the only person I've ever boughten a vehicle from, and the only person I ever WILL buy from.

And FYI- I've had a Jeep for years now, runs great, never had a problem! It also is soo excellent on bad roads, freedom drive II allows no fishtail, vehicle basically corrects itself!! LOVE IT!!

If you want a car, Ford taurus is the way to go. Gas mileage on the v6 is about 25mpg. Never have issues! never a problem with the motor or transmission.
Kitkat

Coraopolis, PA

#32 Mar 26, 2013
butchs wrote:
I would go to Butch's on rt 56. Its in Norfolk. He is honest and stands behind his merchandise. You also get wonderful deals! He's the only person I've ever boughten a vehicle from, and the only person I ever WILL buy from.
And FYI- I've had a Jeep for years now, runs great, never had a problem! It also is soo excellent on bad roads, freedom drive II allows no fishtail, vehicle basically corrects itself!! LOVE IT!!
If you want a car, Ford taurus is the way to go. Gas mileage on the v6 is about 25mpg. Never have issues! never a problem with the motor or transmission.
. Does that say "boughten" lmao .... Awe
Tim

Canton, NY

#33 Mar 26, 2013
Who cares about grammar?
Talking Turkey

Potsdam, NY

#34 Mar 26, 2013
Tim wrote:
Who cares about grammar?
People with an education and intelligence.
mee

Massena, NY

#35 Mar 27, 2013
Tim wrote:
Who cares about grammar?
I love grammar! She's the best, and makes great carrot cake!
mee

Massena, NY

#36 Mar 27, 2013
Da Crapper wrote:
<quoted text>
What a tool. Cry me a river of lies. I don't like the idea of unions but we need them as long as there are greedy corrupt employers. And if there were no unions we would all be working at Walmart, which is probably something you would approve.
Mistaken

Pittsburgh, PA

#37 Mar 27, 2013
mee wrote:
<quoted text>
What a tool. Cry me a river of lies. I don't like the idea of unions but we need them as long as there are greedy corrupt employers. And if there were no unions we would all be working at Walmart, which is probably something you would approve.
Well put. Thankyou for seeing beyond your own personal feelings.
sales

Anonymous Proxy

#38 Mar 27, 2013
Tim wrote:
All the dealerships are the same. The trick is to not trade any cars in. That is where people really take a screwing. I will never trade any of my cars. I have 4 on the road and am looking to purchase a new one now. I will not trade. I will keep them registered rather than give the dealers a deal.
It works like this...this is how they train car salespeople:

When a customer comes in, they note the car they drive...or lack of one. They also note your clothes and manner. This is how they determine your financial status. They are also trained to racially profile customers:

For Asians and the elderly, they train to work around the fact that Asians tend to be frugal, analytical and tend to have more money than most, and they train you to push the value and practicality of the cars you try to sell them.

For natives and blacks, they prey on the customer's need for a status symbol. The salespeople to push the flashy gadgety shiny stuff and appeal to their egos.

Whether or not the individual salesperson treats you like this is usually up to the salesperson, of course.

They then feel you out to find out what is more important to you...price of the vehicle or trade in value. If they sense that you want a good trade in amount, they will give you more for your car but add the difference to the price of the car you buy. Also the opposite is true. If you go in asking for a good price, they will give you less for your trade in. The trick is to do research before you go and do not carry on about price or trade in value.
They do not want you to leave. If you leave interested but without buying they will call you a "be back" and chalk you up as a loss. Don't be pressured into making hasty decisions.

If they offer you a ridiculously low (insulting even) trade in value, that mean they do not want your business. It is a hint to get lost.

Tim

Canton, NY

#39 Mar 28, 2013
sales wrote:
<quoted text>It works like this...this is how they train car salespeople:

When a customer comes in, they note the car they drive...or lack of one. They also note your clothes and manner. This is how they determine your financial status. They are also trained to racially profile customers:

For Asians and the elderly, they train to work around the fact that Asians tend to be frugal, analytical and tend to have more money than most, and they train you to push the value and practicality of the cars you try to sell them.

For natives and blacks, they prey on the customer's need for a status symbol. The salespeople to push the flashy gadgety shiny stuff and appeal to their egos.

Whether or not the individual salesperson treats you like this is usually up to the salesperson, of course.

They then feel you out to find out what is more important to you...price of the vehicle or trade in value. If they sense that you want a good trade in amount, they will give you more for your car but add the difference to the price of the car you buy. Also the opposite is true. If you go in asking for a good price, they will give you less for your trade in. The trick is to do research before you go and do not carry on about price or trade in value.
They do not want you to leave. If you leave interested but without buying they will call you a "be back" and chalk you up as a loss. Don't be pressured into making hasty decisions.

If they offer you a ridiculously low (insulting even) trade in value, that mean they do not want your business. It is a hint to get lost.
This is why I do not trade and I never finance through a dealership. If I cannot pay cash then I get my own financing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winthrop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video footage sought in Hillary trial 14 min Far more interesting 62
Recycling 30 min recycling program 3
Review: Angel's Nails (Aug '13) 32 min sunny days 8
hire a joke barrett landscaping 1 hr are you serious 4
Massena PD Public Record 2 hr briish 1
In jail yet 6 hr Kim 1
why do adult children treat their parents like ... (Jan '12) 7 hr Methinks 108
Winthrop Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web