whats the best place to buy a new car in this town?

Posted in the Winthrop Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kathy

Brockton, MA

#1 Mar 13, 2013
Does anyone know?
new car

Massena, NY

#2 Mar 13, 2013
I bought a new car from fay motors they are great to deal with wont be sorry.
my experience

Massena, NY

#3 Mar 13, 2013
Well I can tell you where NOT to go....some real horror stories I've heard about a couple of dealers here. That would mean you would have to go out of town.

Consumer Reports' top 5 car brands for 2013, based on reliability, road test score, and percentage of those vehicles recommended by CR:

Top 5

1. Lexus
2. Subaru
3. Mazda
4. Toyota
5. Acura

14. Cadillac
18. Chevy

Bottom 5

21. Buick
22. Chrysler
23. Ford
24. Lincoln
25. Jeep
26. Dodge

Based on this and personal experience I would look at Barstow Subaru in Potsdam.
ha ha

Boston, MA

#5 Mar 14, 2013
Your right lets support japan we don't need jobs in usa toyota sounds american lol
drive my car

Massena, NY

#7 Mar 14, 2013
ha ha wrote:
Your right lets support japan we don't need jobs in usa toyota sounds american lol
seriously, Toyota builds more of its cars in the USA than GM does. The Chevy cruze? built in India where the workers get about 60 cents an hour.

take the Toyota camry vs the Ford escape:

Toyota employs more than 6,000 American workers to build the Camrys we buy. Ford employs 2,250 workers to build the Escape.

Percentage of parts that are made in America? Toyota Camry: 80 percent. Ford Escape: 65 percent.

Toyota Camry: The most pospular seller, 328,000 were sold last year. Ford Escape: Just under 200,000 were sold in 2010.

The U.S. brand that creates the most American jobs? The Ford Escape, which creates 13 assembly line jobs for every 100 cars sold, based on 2010 sales figures and company supplied information on how many workers actually man the assembly lines.

That is good, but doesn't top the Kentucky-built Toyota, which creates almost 20 U.S.-based manufacturing jobs for every 100 cars sold.
drive my car

Massena, NY

#8 Mar 14, 2013
GM employs more Chinese than Americans

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...
ha ha

Boston, MA

#9 Mar 14, 2013
Where does the profit go? Toyota builds cars here b/c it is cheaper for them than importing them most of the profit goes baxk to japan .....
drive my car

Massena, NY

#10 Mar 14, 2013
ha ha wrote:
Where does the profit go? Toyota builds cars here b/c it is cheaper for them than importing them most of the profit goes baxk to japan .....
I'd rather own a quality car made by a responsible company who is investing in America no matter what the name is. GM is building crap and is investing in China while Toyota is expanding its operations in the US.

GM has devastated the country, the economy, and the American worker by shipping our jobs to Asia, Canada, and Mexico. If they love China so much why don't they headquarter there? Kinda like you said (but this is actually based in reality)...cheaper to headquarter here with all that America has to offer while paying a Chinese worker $1.50 an hour for the job you used to get $40 an hour.
HAHA if GM keeps destroying their customer base who will buy their crappy cars?
drive my car

Massena, NY

#11 Mar 14, 2013
Wall Street Journal:

A Toyota Is ‘Most American’ Car

While people consider full-size pickup trucks quintessentially American, the Ford F-150, Chevrolet Silverado and MC Sierra missed the list this year. The F-150 is assembled in the U.S. but its proportion of domestic parts fell to 55%. In previous years it had a domestic parts content of around 80 percent, Cars.com says

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2010/06/23/...

http://www.autobytel.com/toyota/news/toyota-m...
Mistaken

Greensburg, PA

#12 Mar 14, 2013
drive my car wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously, Toyota builds more of its cars in the USA than GM does. The Chevy cruze? built in India where the workers get about 60 cents an hour.
take the Toyota camry vs the Ford escape:
Toyota employs more than 6,000 American workers to build the Camrys we buy. Ford employs 2,250 workers to build the Escape.
Percentage of parts that are made in America? Toyota Camry: 80 percent. Ford Escape: 65 percent.
Toyota Camry: The most pospular seller, 328,000 were sold last year. Ford Escape: Just under 200,000 were sold in 2010.
The U.S. brand that creates the most American jobs? The Ford Escape, which creates 13 assembly line jobs for every 100 cars sold, based on 2010 sales figures and company supplied information on how many workers actually man the assembly lines.
That is good, but doesn't top the Kentucky-built Toyota, which creates almost 20 U.S.-based manufacturing jobs for every 100 cars sold.
The Chevy Cruz is assembled in Lordstown Ohio-this I am sure of.... And thank goodness they are selling faster than we can make them- Go GM! Haven't you already seen what buying non GM product has done to your small town? Look around you- it affected everyone.
Buyer

Potsdam, NY

#13 Mar 14, 2013
TJ in Potsdam is hard to deal with, go to Waite Toyota .
Nice

Syracuse, NY

#14 Mar 14, 2013
Barstow motors in Potsdam are very nice to deal with. Even if you have issues after you buy they are more than willing to help you out!
spare me

Anonymous Proxy

#16 Mar 24, 2013
Mistaken wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chevy Cruz is assembled in Lordstown Ohio-this I am sure of.... And thank goodness they are selling faster than we can make them- Go GM! Haven't you already seen what buying non GM product has done to your small town? Look around you- it affected everyone.
LOL yea typical corporate mindset...the consumers didn't buy our crap cars so they deserve it when we pack up and leave town.

GM should have failed. They made crappy products and screwed over towns that made them great buy destroying jobs and poisoning their sites.

GM doesn't ship jobs to asia because Americans don't buy GM cars...what a crock. They have been doing it for over 30 yrs to increase profit. Now they are investing in China while more jobs leave the states. I will be buying a Toyota within a year because they are investing in America plus they have a higher percentage of USA made cars that are sold in the US.
Mistaken

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Mar 25, 2013
spare me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL yea typical corporate mindset...the consumers didn't buy our crap cars so they deserve it when we pack up and leave town.
GM should have failed. They made crappy products and screwed over towns that made them great buy destroying jobs and poisoning their sites.
GM doesn't ship jobs to asia because Americans don't buy GM cars...what a crock. They have been doing it for over 30 yrs to increase profit. Now they are investing in China while more jobs leave the states. I will be buying a Toyota within a year because they are investing in America plus they have a higher percentage of USA made cars that are sold in the US.
They didn't take jobs out of towns, they moved jobs to other towns. Jealousy is Ugly. UAW is alive and strong . Stay in Massena your whole life and enjoy your Toyota - really has no effect on me. We will be set in another 10 years and retire by the age of 50. What will you be doing? Still complaining I'm sure.
yoco

Potsdam, NY

#18 Mar 25, 2013
sup
Conman

Massena, NY

#19 Mar 26, 2013
ha ha wrote:
maybe if the people that went to the GM plant (for 30 yearts) in Massena actually WORKED instead of sleeping ,the plant might have made a profit and it just might still be running , unlike the parts for the cars that they produced for GM which are likley not running!
Conman

Massena, NY

#20 Mar 26, 2013
Mistaken wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't take jobs out of towns, they moved jobs to other towns. Jealousy is Ugly. UAW is alive and strong . Stay in Massena your whole life and enjoy your Toyota - really has no effect on me. We will be set in another 10 years and retire by the age of 50. What will you be doing? Still complaining I'm sure.
Set in another 10 years ? Did it ever occur to you that our children may want to share a similar American dream, and not a financial nightmare!
Just look at the figures and stats. foreign made cars , break down less ,and need less repairs ,run with less gas ,and usually have a higher resale value ! Gee i can see your point , buy an American car so you can waste and lose money when it comes time for a new one!The only thing that American made cars does for the economy is keep the mechanics all busy!
Reality

Massena, NY

#21 Mar 26, 2013
Mistaken wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't take jobs out of towns, they moved jobs to other towns.
right...other towns in China. GM are disloyal scum who suck up corporate welfare and taxpayer bailouts and invest it in China. It's not about jealously, don't be simple minded. Some people are actually driven by the desire to improve the areas and not petty childish emotions.

But there is always a propagandized corporate tool ready to blame the American worker for the problems in the world.
Reality

Massena, NY

#22 Mar 26, 2013
Mistaken wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called generational theft but I'm sure you cannot think ahead further ahead than your next meal.

The WHOLE REASON for everything we do should be for the next generation. Our folks did it for us, we need to do it for our kids.

I don't have kids but I'm concerned about future generations. I guess that makes me crazy? Maybe it makes up for the complete azzflaps who do not care.
Mistaken

Coraopolis, PA

#23 Mar 26, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called generational theft but I'm sure you cannot think ahead further ahead than your next meal.
The WHOLE REASON for everything we do should be for the next generation. Our folks did it for us, we need to do it for our kids.
I don't have kids but I'm concerned about future generations. I guess that makes me crazy? Maybe it makes up for the complete azzflaps who do not care.
We do have children and with the nice income
We make we will be sure out kids get a great education and they get to travel and see the world and what it has to offer . I am so glad for
Many reasons we had the opportunity to get them out of Massena NY which is a sad little spec on the planet - and nothing to do there besides get I. Trouble and complain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winthrop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body found in Massena rt 4:20 1 hr kjel 461
the lookout on rt 56 4 hr Snake Charmer 6
amanda mandigo dietze 4 hr blowitoutya 1
Who gets your vote for mayor? 5 hr pollster 0
why do people gotta talk shit under an anomous ... (Nov '10) 5 hr hidy for Mayor 19
SURVALLANCE VAN SEEN outside SOFTAILS 5 hr hidy for Mayor 9
drugs new in massena 5 hr hidy for Mayor 5
Winthrop Dating
Find my Match

Winthrop People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winthrop News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winthrop

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]