Hideous Matewsky

Posted in the Winthrop Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
TRH

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

6

2

2

24 Apr 2013 The Boston Globe

AFTER A display of boorish behavior, Wayne Matewsky, Everett’s newly elected state representative, owes an apology to Kevin Bartel and his 7-year-old daughter, Bella.

According to Bartel and several witnesses, Matewsky mocked the special needs child during an incident that occurred at a Texas Roadhouse restaurant on the night of March 6.

In an interview with Fox 25 News, Bartel said that his daughter had suffered a stroke as a baby, and is now blind, unable to walk, and non-verbal. However, she can make sounds, which she was doing during a night out celebrating her seventh birthday at the restaurant located at the Gateway shopping Center on Route 16.

“Bella made some noises ... some clicking noises,” Bartel told Fox 25. At that point, according to Bartel, Matewsky, who is also a member of the Everett Common Council, began mimicking the child’s noises. A friend who was celebrating Bella’s birthday with the father and daughter confronted Matewsky:“I said to him,‘She’s a disabled little girl, why are you carrying on like this?’” Ed McAloney told the television station.

A spokesman for Texas Roadhouse, a Kentucky-based restaurant chain, confirmed the incident for the Globe and said Matewsky asked to be moved away from Bella’s table. According to the restaurant staff, Matewsky, 54, used an expletive to describe the child. He also threatened to call the Board of Health on the restaurant and left without paying his $60 bill.

The incident occurred the day after Matewsky won the Democratic nomination for state representative. He went on to win a special election to fill the unexpired term of Stephen Smith, who was sentenced to four months in federal prison and fined $20,000 after pleading guilty to two counts of absentee ballot fraud.

Matewsky, who worked as Smith’s legislative aide, went back to the restaurant and apologized to the staff. However, he continues to deny the incident involving Bella took place, despite corroborating witness accounts. Michael Toto, a Revere resident who said he witnessed the incident, brought it up during the March 11 meeting of the Everett Common Council.“I saw him berating the child and her father,” Toto told the Globe.“I didn’t think that was right. I wanted him to step up and take responsibility for it.”

After taking testimony at a private meeting, the Everett Common Council’s ethics committee determined that Matewsky “had committed misconduct, to wit, abuse of his official position for the purpose outside of his official duties.” The committee voted to issue a reprimand, the most severe action that can be taken. Last week, the full council approved the recommendation, which was taken strictly for the way Matewsky treated restaurant employees.
During the course of the exchange at the Texas Roadhouse, Matewsky reportedly asked the restaurant’s assistant manager,“Do you know who I am?” Now, more people do know who he is, and what they know is far from flattering.
san diego

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

you know i think people with with special needs should hav ethere own seating in a restruant i know i would not want to eat my meal in that type of setting
san diego

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

i am not saying Matewsky was right,but how long would you have sat there
Special Needs

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

People with special needs should not be treated as second class people. They should be able to sit just like any other customer. What Matewsky did was mean and cruel. Persons like him bring shame to the city. They don't belong in politics.
What

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

san diego wrote:
you know i think people with with special needs should hav ethere own seating in a restruant i know i would not want to eat my meal in that type of setting
And you should have your own seating.In an insane asylum.If you live in San Diego please stay there.
this city stinks

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

5

Any of you fools that voted for this clown should have your friggin head examined, this guy is a world class POS. FOOLS.
Ted

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

san diego wrote:
i am not saying Matewsky was right,but how long would you have sat there
I certainly would not have called the manager a B****, threatened to call the Board of Health, or left without paying because of a "table dispute". There are those who think we should let it go. On the contrary, the voters must not forget.
John

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Now we hear that Matewsky is being investigated for a no show job at the state house He was being paid for all the time he was campaigning in Everett
Sherlock

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

How often did he show-up even when he was "working" for Stat at the State House?
Everett Resident

Melrose, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 26, 2013
 
This I really believe !!!
enough

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 26, 2013
 
he is not even sworn in yet may 1st at 11 so he is only our elect state rep.
Where is the Proof

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 26, 2013
 
John from Mankata,Mn posted:

"Now we hear that Matewsky is being investigated for a no show job at the state house He was being paid for all the time he was campaigning in Everett."

Is that wishful thinking, or do you have some proof to show us? Let us know.

goat

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

san diego wrote:
i am not saying Matewsky was right,but how long would you have sat there
You are kidding,right. Maybe we should have a insensitive moron like you not even allowed in any establishment. Where do you get off making a statement..Are you Wayne's fudge buddy?
Leo

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Wayne screws friends all the time
Leo

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 3, 2013
 
TRH wrote:
24 Apr 2013 The Boston Globe
AFTER A display of boorish behavior, Wayne Matewsky, Everett’s newly elected state representative, owes an apology to Kevin Bartel and his 7-year-old daughter, Bella.
According to Bartel and several witnesses, Matewsky mocked the special needs child during an incident that occurred at a Texas Roadhouse restaurant on the night of March 6.
In an interview with Fox 25 News, Bartel said that his daughter had suffered a stroke as a baby, and is now blind, unable to walk, and non-verbal. However, she can make sounds, which she was doing during a night out celebrating her seventh birthday at the restaurant located at the Gateway shopping Center on Route 16.
“Bella made some noises ... some clicking noises,” Bartel told Fox 25. At that point, according to Bartel, Matewsky, who is also a member of the Everett Common Council, began mimicking the child’s noises. A friend who was celebrating Bella’s birthday with the father and daughter confronted Matewsky:“I said to him,‘She’s a disabled little girl, why are you carrying on like this?’” Ed McAloney told the television station.
A spokesman for Texas Roadhouse, a Kentucky-based restaurant chain, confirmed the incident for the Globe and said Matewsky asked to be moved away from Bella’s table. According to the restaurant staff, Matewsky, 54, used an expletive to describe the child. He also threatened to call the Board of Health on the restaurant and left without paying his $60 bill.
The incident occurred the day after Matewsky won the Democratic nomination for state representative. He went on to win a special election to fill the unexpired term of Stephen Smith, who was sentenced to four months in federal prison and fined $20,000 after pleading guilty to two counts of absentee ballot fraud.
Matewsky, who worked as Smith’s legislative aide, went back to the restaurant and apologized to the staff. However, he continues to deny the incident involving Bella took place, despite corroborating witness accounts. Michael Toto, a Revere resident who said he witnessed the incident, brought it up during the March 11 meeting of the Everett Common Council.“I saw him berating the child and her father,” Toto told the Globe.“I didn’t think that was right. I wanted him to step up and take responsibility for it.”
After taking testimony at a private meeting, the Everett Common Council’s ethics committee determined that Matewsky “had committed misconduct, to wit, abuse of his official position for the purpose outside of his official duties.” The committee voted to issue a reprimand, the most severe action that can be taken. Last week, the full council approved the recommendation, which was taken strictly for the way Matewsky treated restaurant employees.
During the course of the exchange at the Texas Roadhouse, Matewsky reportedly asked the restaurant’s assistant manager,“Do you know who I am?” Now, more people do know who he is, and what they know is far from flattering.
is Matewsky is now being investigated for a no show violation
Mike

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wow. Did you happen to notice " Honest" John's finance report didn't mention a dime to the everett advocate. That was at least $3200 for front pages, middle pages, back pages and inserts. Wow how did he lose?? HAHA!!
everett voter

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 8, 2013
 
Leo get a life
Everett Observer

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If this story is even half true, don't you think "the boxer" would have knocked Wayne out. I do believe something happened at the roadhouse but not the way the media reported it. And this Toto guy would do anything for 50 dollar bill. The truth will come out eventually and there will be lawsuits along with that.
Laughable

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 16, 2013
 
Who said I cannot tell a lie?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winthrop Discussions

Search the Winthrop Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fred Foresteire (Jan '13) 2 hr School Insider 102
Pagoda house on Hancock Street 3 hr Malden Res 4
Why is the Boston accent so nasally and annoying? 5 hr Big Daddy Roy Goodnuff 1
Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 7 hr Anthony 1,133
US marshals shut down unlicensed Boston radio s... 7 hr reality is a crutch 1
$21 Million bamboozle 8 hr ABH 6
Freshman baseball 9 hr wondering 2
•••
•••

Winthrop News Video

•••
•••

Winthrop Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Winthrop People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••