First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Larry

Malden, MA

#102 Nov 2, 2012
mkd wrote:
Thanks for the support. I am still learning more about current initiatives and will report more on what I'm finding out when I have a bit more information. The past week has been somewhat hectic for me, but I haven't forgotten.
Have you read the Herald about the beheaded birds in Everett? This is the class of people you are going to get at a community meeting.
Okay

Framingham, MA

#103 Nov 6, 2012
So Larry, you're saying that you wouldn't bother to show up about a meeting about the well-being of your community? That speaks volumes about you.
Everett

Medford, MA

#104 Nov 6, 2012
Okay wrote:
So Larry, you're saying that you wouldn't bother to show up about a meeting about the well-being of your community? That speaks volumes about you.
I think a lot of people are discouraged about our city. Going to meetings will not accomplish anything. Time to move.
Everetite

Everett, MA

#105 Nov 6, 2012
Where mkd go? Give up this fast?
02149ABC

Malden, MA

#106 Nov 7, 2012
Okay wrote:
So Larry, you're saying that you wouldn't bother to show up about a meeting about the well-being of your community? That speaks volumes about you.
so someone doesnt want to go to a useless meeting and that "speaks volumes about them". What does it say about the thousands of the rest of us?
mkd

Framingham, MA

#107 Nov 7, 2012
Everetite, no, I haven't given up. I'm compiling information about existing groups as I mentioned in an earlier post. I will share soon once I find out more.

Clearly this is not an encouraging venue for people who want to make a positive change. My apologies to the few people who offered positive, constructive advice.
ZzZ

Revere, MA

#108 Nov 12, 2012
reason wrote:
It's tough to be positive for life long residents who have seen how far Everett has fallen.
Especially when every indicator points to it getting worse.
Cut through the projects on your way home tomorrow,
and tell me how much hope that fills you with.
I'd love to see Everett turn around,
but the hardworking residents are already outnumbered by low lives working the system
and illegals with no vested interest in Everett or America.
And the hardworking people are leaving.
Which projects? The Everett projects have had their lowest crime rate since the 70s. That's a fact
facts

Boston, MA

#109 Nov 12, 2012
ZzZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Which projects? The Everett projects have had their lowest crime rate since the 70s. That's a fact
Here are some facts. Drive through the projects some night. Look at the cars people drive. Many brand new or barely used. I say drive through at night because you can see in their windows and see the giant screen TVs they have. The poor in America live better than 95% of the rest of the world. This is why when third world immigrants come here and get all the free stuff, they are on top of the world (just ask Obama's aunt). I have no excuses for the people born here. Sorry but those are the facts and all you have to do is drive through to see for yourselves. I'd love to know where to find the crime stats that show crime is at an all time low in the projects. Can you provide that please?
Embarrassed

United States

#110 Nov 13, 2012
mkd wrote:
I'm sorry you feel that way. I feel differently. People talked this way about other areas - Charlestown, Roslindale, Somerville, South Boston - that have had or are experiencing revivals. Is any of those places perfect? No, but they are attracting people and businesses every day. All have also, I might add, suffered from poor leadership in the past, but somehow things turned around. The same can happen here.
As I stated before, there are many other threads where people spout negativity. I asked for a simple change of tone. Remember that old adage, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. My request to build on small positive things was simple.
Te problem with this city and its decline starts in teh Maors office and trickles down from there. You say if you don't like to change it. The problem is teh people who work for this city rely on the mayoe being inpower to keep their jobs. He has run this city liek his own little club house. Doing everything and anything he wants. He makes city workers campaign for him even though they really don't support him. They do it to keep their jobs. I know just because you hold a sign doesn't mean they will actually vote for him. But the impression it gives others is that he is overwhelmingly supported by the city. This isn't true but the perception is there. This city will sink deeper and deeper into disrepair until he is removed from office. Until then good luck. The people in this city deserve all that they get, which is nothing really. Because they lack the balls to stand up and do whats right and vote this guy out. If they knew their jobs were safe if he was voted out maybe just maybe we would ahve change but until then its not going to happen.
ZzZ

Revere, MA

#111 Dec 5, 2012
facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some facts. Drive through the projects some night. Look at the cars people drive. Many brand new or barely used. I say drive through at night because you can see in their windows and see the giant screen TVs they have. The poor in America live better than 95% of the rest of the world. This is why when third world immigrants come here and get all the free stuff, they are on top of the world (just ask Obama's aunt). I have no excuses for the people born here. Sorry but those are the facts and all you have to do is drive through to see for yourselves. I'd love to know where to find the crime stats that show crime is at an all time low in the projects. Can you provide that please?
Here's another fact, you can drive and stare in windows but I can claim to have grown up "on the hill", just me and my mother. She was never on welfare and took 3 buses to get me to daycare before work (and 3 to get me home). Most of her life she worked 6 days a week (like a lot of people). In fact she worked right up u til she was 6 months from dying. The projects in Everett are famous for people parking up their who do not live up their. I'd recommend you go to the Parlin or city hall for crime statistics. The latest update is 2010.
outta here

Boston, MA

#112 Dec 6, 2012
ZzZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another fact, you can drive and stare in windows but I can claim to have grown up "on the hill", just me and my mother. She was never on welfare and took 3 buses to get me to daycare before work (and 3 to get me home). Most of her life she worked 6 days a week (like a lot of people). In fact she worked right up u til she was 6 months from dying. The projects in Everett are famous for people parking up their who do not live up their. I'd recommend you go to the Parlin or city hall for crime statistics. The latest update is 2010.
Why would people park in the projects if they didn't have to?
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#113 Dec 6, 2012
OTTA HERE: I wondered the same thing - why would anyone park their vehicle in the project who do not live there? Don't we all like to park closest to our own residence??

ZZZ: Re: Latest crime statistics are at the Everett Police station. Go to one of the Crime Prevention meetings - they are usually presented at each meeting.
outta here

Boston, MA

#114 Dec 6, 2012
Everett is too scary now with the drugs,gangs, shootings & stabbings. Just go by Walgreens in Glendale Square. I won't go there anymore. You see kids walking down the street that look like thugs. Either they are just dressing that way to impress or they really are thugs. I cross the street and walk faster when I see them coming toward me. They could be great kids but still give the appearance of being thugs.

Since they put the high school in Glendale Park it seems like it's gotten worse. You have kids coming in from Chelsea through Woodlawn and it takes them right to the high school. Then it's on the Glendale Square.

I'm embarrassed to say I live in Everett.
JoJo

Winthrop, MA

#115 Dec 6, 2012
Everett Resident wrote:
OTTA HERE: I wondered the same thing - why would anyone park their vehicle in the project who do not live there? Don't we all like to park closest to our own residence??
ZZZ: Re: Latest crime statistics are at the Everett Police station. Go to one of the Crime Prevention meetings - they are usually presented at each meeting.
Wow you really love that crime prevention meeting. Do they pay you to advertise?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winthrop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 2 min Rose_NoHo 2,103
News Victim suffers life threatening injuries in Mat... 4 hr red dawn 2
News Fast-thinking Boston cops save three OD victims 4 hr red dawn 2
Everett football players being short changed 4 hr Mystery formula 50
News People need to reclaim their neighborhoods' 4 hr red dawn 3
As malden turns 6 hr Everett dawg 2
lafayette school 10 hr Friends to the end 149

Winthrop Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winthrop Mortgages