Vote Vancampen

Boston, MA

#41 Apr 30, 2013
If you want things in Everett to get better, you must get out and vote and vote for a new mayor and for people running for the city council who are dedicated to improving the city, not just talking about it and no action.

The present Mayor and his supporters in the City Council must be voted out and replaced by elected dedicated public servants.

You just don't give up and walk away, you fight for what has to be done.

Since: Jul 08

Boston, MA

#42 Apr 30, 2013
getting sick and tired taxes going up nothing get's done on my street we need a change.
Karl Malden

Westwood, MA

#43 Apr 30, 2013
The fact is that property taxes are rising because of the cost of health-care and pensions for city employees that are negotiated through collective bargaining.
Health care costs are rising 100x faster than inflation. This is a problem every municipality in our country is facing, not just Everett !!
Rug Doctor

Liverpool, NY

#44 Apr 30, 2013
Karl Malden wrote:
The fact is that property taxes are rising because of the cost of health-care and pensions for city employees that are negotiated through collective bargaining.
Health care costs are rising 100x faster than inflation. This is a problem every municipality in our country is facing, not just Everett !!
are you talking about Obamacare? Didn't the liar in chief say our taxes would not go up? Well a 100% increase in insurance that the Supreme Court deemed a tax is a rise in taxes. Then again people like DeMaria, me into, and Patrick don't have a problem stealing tax money from you and giving it to terrorists. If you vote for DeMaria next election cycle you truly are dumber than a rock!
for sure

Boston, MA

#45 Apr 30, 2013
Karl Malden wrote:
The fact is that property taxes are rising because of the cost of health-care and pensions for city employees that are negotiated through collective bargaining.
Health care costs are rising 100x faster than inflation. This is a problem every municipality in our country is facing, not just Everett !!
That certainly is one reason. Only in "civil service" is your healthcare guaranteed AFTER you retire!
Other reasons are good high tax revenue businesses moving out and the hackarama of hiring all those friends and relatives into useless jobs.
Karl Malden

Westwood, MA

#46 Apr 30, 2013
Rug Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>are you talking about Obamacare? Didn't the liar in chief say our taxes would not go up? Well a 100% increase in insurance that the Supreme Court deemed a tax is a rise in taxes. Then again people like DeMaria, me into, and Patrick don't have a problem stealing tax money from you and giving it to terrorists. If you vote for DeMaria next election cycle you truly are dumber than a rock!

I don't live in Everett Mr Rug Doctor, but I'm cognizant to the fact that these public sector unions are the reasons for your runaway tax invoices.
These public sector unions are financing these campaigns with union dues, and the elected "officials" are paying the unions back with extraordinary beneficial contracts with your money!!
Chuckie for mayor

Malden, MA

#47 Apr 30, 2013
Vote Chuckie as a write in.
Justme

Everett, MA

#48 Apr 30, 2013
Milly Cardillo, Why the #$% not, people? It is nice to come on this site from time to time and see the same people shouting, not doing. Why don't you put your reputations on the line and run? Can you do any better? See ya in afew months, cuz you'll still be on this site.....
Stat

Quincy, MA

#49 May 1, 2013
I am voting for Paul Randall
Amen

Winthrop, MA

#50 May 1, 2013
Voter wrote:
"Regular" you deserve what is going on in this City because of our Mayor. No American stores left. Another Spanish grocery store going to open in the Old Sporting Goods bldg. Just what we need. I definetly will be leaving Everett if Mayor is reelected.
He is the worse mayor ever is campaign should be can't do any worse
Here Me

Lexington, MA

#51 May 2, 2013
The FAT ONE has done nothing for this city of Everett but forced many original people to sell-move-rent their homes.
Our taxes has gone from the lowest to the highest taxes.
He has hired and created many many Jobs at city hall, which this city ran quite well without all the jobs created.
All the corruption that has been in this city Since he has been mayor and has Done nothing about it.
I have seen stories about FFF school Sup. and he never commented about it. The Wayne Matewsky deal no comment.
Oh the crime there was a comment in the papers that it went down. He is fat and full of you know what.
He as done nothing for me and the people of Everett but cost me higher Taxes because of his unfounded ability to be for the people of Everett but only for his self. Just because he wants to move Everett at a fast monetary pace does not mean we tax payers can keep up so we have to move out or sell and rent and you all know what that means.

Again vote for a change and vote for Robert Van Campen he will get this city right.
Observer

Roslindale, MA

#52 May 2, 2013
Here Me wrote:
The FAT ONE has done nothing for this city of Everett but forced many original people to sell-move-rent their homes.
Our taxes has gone from the lowest to the highest taxes.
He has hired and created many many Jobs at city hall, which this city ran quite well without all the jobs created.
All the corruption that has been in this city Since he has been mayor and has Done nothing about it.
I have seen stories about FFF school Sup. and he never commented about it. The Wayne Matewsky deal no comment.
Oh the crime there was a comment in the papers that it went down. He is fat and full of you know what.
He as done nothing for me and the people of Everett but cost me higher Taxes because of his unfounded ability to be for the people of Everett but only for his self. Just because he wants to move Everett at a fast monetary pace does not mean we tax payers can keep up so we have to move out or sell and rent and you all know what that means.
Again vote for a change and vote for Robert Van Campen he will get this city right.
Hey listen. I agree with your points and I will be voting Van Campen. The problem is you are not doing Robert any favors by getting nasty and name calling. That's not how Robert is running his campaign and he wouldn't like it. I say this because someone I know who is undecided pointed me to this post and felt bad for DeMaria. Don't give him the sympathy vote and allow him to win that way.

Believe me, when it comes to the issues you know what you are talking about and I agree 100%.

In peace.
DPW Veteran

Lawrence, MA

#53 May 3, 2013
Look at the Department Heads that have been hired the last few months. TOTAL DO-NOTHINGS who have no clue how their departments run. All the raises that have been doled out and he continues to spit in the face of the Union employees in clerical, DPW and 911.
Everett Resident I

Malden, MA

#54 May 3, 2013
Don't you realize these new hires are the building blocks of his campaign for 2014 - them and all the other hires over the years....Do you really think they are going to vote for someone else when they're on the gravy train ???
Fred

Malden, MA

#55 May 3, 2013
Everett Resident I wrote:
Don't you realize these new hires are the building blocks of his campaign for 2014 - them and all the other hires over the years....Do you really think they are going to vote for someone else when they're on the gravy train ???
Most don't live in Everett.
Brian

Somerville, MA

#56 May 3, 2013
Wayne Matewsky is thinking bout running for Mayor
Wayne

United States

#57 May 3, 2013
Go Wayne
Ted

Cambridge, MA

#58 May 3, 2013
Wayne wrote:
Go Wayne
YA, Go away!
Sick of it

Absecon, NJ

#59 May 9, 2013
DPW Veteran wrote:
Look at the Department Heads that have been hired the last few months. TOTAL DO-NOTHINGS who have no clue how their departments run. All the raises that have been doled out and he continues to spit in the face of the Union employees in clerical, DPW and 911.
The mayor is going to take full credit for the casino even though they searched for the site & contacted him. But he takes credit for everything. EVERY news release from EVERY department MUST start with his name or the department head will be fired.He has become a Steve Wynn flunky....yes Mr. Wynn....No Mr. Wynn....whatever you say Mr. Wynn.He is giving them everything they want. Even kicks the seniors out of the armory so that Wynn can have his press conferences.Word has it that Wynn is paying for the casino vote...(no conflict there right?). Regardless of the casino, the mayor must go.
Mike

Arlington, VA

#60 May 14, 2013
I haven't seen a van campen or millie bumper sticker yet. I've seen a few of the mayor's stickers. But I still see Wayne is the most visible as always and he already won!! When are they going to start campaigning the weather has been perfect. Its gonna be a really HOT summer for these boobs. Better than the freezing cold. I'm with Millie 100 percent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winthrop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police log we are not allowed to read 46 min Everettcitizen 4
Everett (Jul '08) 21 hr Everett 715
Everett police Tue Tim 34
Grab The Popcorn Tonight Tue Monty Hall 4
The city that lost its way (Oct '17) Mon Everettcitizen 16
News Retirement Shock: Need to Find a Job After 40 Y... Mon PGO 1
Wow Apr 22 Marked 1

Winthrop Jobs

Personal Finance

Winthrop Mortgages