Police: Teen left newborn to die

Police: Teen left newborn to die

There are 4 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Mar 10, 2008, titled Police: Teen left newborn to die. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

“An issue is (Wilson) is a big woman”

Story updated at 11:08 PM on Monday, March 10, 2008 An Oglethorpe County woman is charged with murder, after authorities found the remains of her newborn son in a shallow grave behind her home near Winterville ... via Athens Banner-Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

“It's my POV!”

Since: Feb 08

Winder, Ga

#1 Mar 12, 2008
I hope that before they convict her they tell her she has to be sterilized so she can never have another kid to kill. It would be fitting punishment. Anyone who can willingly kill or harm their child does not deserve to be a parent, most of them do not deserve to be called human or stay alive. But maybe thats just because I love my kids more then I love myself, something parents like this women can't or won't do.

At 17 you know what is going to happen to a new born if it is left alone for 8-10 hours outside. And then to bury it like it was garbage is sickening.

But one question I have(okay more then one), where the hell were her own parents or guardian that they couldn't see she was pregnant? Hello you get fat as a whale and are sick and tired all the time. There are signs, how come noone saw them and asked questions or took this girl to the doctor for a check up?

Is everyone in Winterville, blind or are they just stupid?
Comment

Newnan, GA

#2 Feb 13, 2009
She has a mental problem, always have. Also she is short and round, therefore, it was not as obvious. She was not made to do much around the house. So doing nothing was an everyday thing.

“It's my POV!”

Winder, Ga

#3 Feb 16, 2009
Comment wrote:
She has a mental problem, always have. Also she is short and round, therefore, it was not as obvious. She was not made to do much around the house. So doing nothing was an everyday thing.
A mental issue is not an automatic out for her actions. She was obviously capable of living a life free of supervision or she would not have had an opportunity to become prego in the first place. Waiting until after she has committed murder to say she has a mental illness screams copout to me. Maybe it is because I am a mother, but I have sympathy for this women and what she now faces. She deserves everything she gets and I hope the law punishes her to the fullest extent. We have the no questions laws here. she could have taken the baby to any hospital, fire house, or police station with no consequences instead she chose murder. Mental illness or not she has to live with that for the rest of her life.

“It's my POV!”

Winder, Ga

#4 Feb 16, 2009
Should have been NO sympathy......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winterville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photos: Cyclists ride the proposed Firefly Trail Apr '17 Kanada 1
Nightmares Mar '17 Krae12203 1
UGA Law First Annual 5k Mar '17 IPleadThe5k 1
Amazon censoring books for Israel Mar '17 Jim Fetzer 2
Remove all health care subsidies for Congress ... Mar '17 wjabbe 3
Lost Black Lab Double Bridges Rd (Jun '12) Jun '12 pearlybubble 1
News Bike ride will raise awareness of planned trail (Mar '12) Mar '12 Robert 1

Winterville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance