Former Georgia assistant coach Mrvos ...

Former Georgia assistant coach Mrvos dies in car accident

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer story from Oct 12, 2006, titled Former Georgia assistant coach Mrvos dies in car accident. In it, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reports that:

Sam Mrvos, a former Georgia football player and assistant coach, died Wednesday in a one-car accident in Oconee County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.

Friend of family

Phenix City, AL

#1 Oct 13, 2006
Mr.Mrvos had three sons George, Nick and Mitch
Grant Mrvos

AOL

#2 Apr 4, 2007
I just want to say he was well loved an highly respected
Jordan Mrvos

Mckeesport, PA

#3 Jun 2, 2007
i was deeply saddened at the news but now thinking about it more and more it hurts to know or even think about what happened to Uncle Sammy!
Ronnie Moon

United States

#4 Nov 28, 2010
My greatest memories of my days at UGA were taking weightlifting classes and assisting under Coach Mrvos. After taking all the credited weightlifting classes, I begged Coach Mrvos to let me audit so that I could assist him with weight training for the football players, wrestlers, other athletes. As a freshman, I realized why our local OCHS high school was so advanced in our weightlifting program. It was due to our high school coach using Sam's Monday bench, Wednesday super sets, Thursday circuit training program.
I lost touch with Sam after college and was saddened to hear about his death. He was the greatest and he touched many lives. It was an honor for me to have known Sam. I hope Sam's family is doing well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winterville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dos any one know where kara mo (Nov '16) Jun 28 Papa john 2
News Photos: Cyclists ride the proposed Firefly Trail Apr '17 Kanada 1
Nightmares Mar '17 Krae12203 1
UGA Law First Annual 5k Mar '17 IPleadThe5k 1
Lost Black Lab Double Bridges Rd (Jun '12) Jun '12 pearlybubble 1
News Bike ride will raise awareness of planned trail (Mar '12) Mar '12 Robert 1
Well then, now that y'all got kenny hoges on th... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Roland_Gilead 1

Winterville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winterville Mortgages