First Prev
of 2
Next Last
deeply concerned

United States

#21 May 21, 2009
Also, it would be to Ms Currie's advantage, if she did not get into other's business. As a result of her ignorance, she is exposing herself to justified humiliation.
She is also pretending to be 'all knowing' concerning areas that only certain folks know - primarily 'cops'. This too opens her up to scrutiny. In the cases she sited, she was working out of second hand knowledge. How embarrassing for her !!!
Yes, she needs to return to her home, and quit screwing with married men...primarily 'cops'.
Amazing what socializing with the police force will do for demeaning a person's character.
Possibly had she not expressed her ignorance in the Winter's Enterprise, she could have continued on her merry way in excruciating ignorance, and remained anonmyous to the pleasure of the good citizens of Winters.
We do not need folks in our town that do not understand humane actions ! We do not need to hear from those who merely repeat what they hear from others.(no original thought in their mind !)
Also, if you know her, be sure she uses her correct name. Believe me she is not worthy of an alias, or by line.
Childhood Friend

Winters, TX

#22 May 21, 2009
Its funny how all of you claim to know this Officer. It seems you have only one side of the story or rumours you have heard. First of all how many of you are in a relationship that is not working for you? How many of you know that this Officer stayed for over 5 years for his child but things did not get better in his relationship? So he moved on, so has she so if neither of them are concered with the way things have turned out, why are you so concerned? I know this because he is a childhood friend of mine and I was at his wedding but matters of the heart is only between them two, he never aired his dirty laundry to anyone, so what gives??

Since: May 09

United States

#23 May 21, 2009
Childhood Friend wrote:
Its funny how all of you claim to know this Officer. It seems you have only one side of the story or rumours you have heard. First of all how many of you are in a relationship that is not working for you? How many of you know that this Officer stayed for over 5 years for his child but things did not get better in his relationship? So he moved on, so has she so if neither of them are concered with the way things have turned out, why are you so concerned? I know this because he is a childhood friend of mine and I was at his wedding but matters of the heart is only between them two, he never aired his dirty laundry to anyone, so what gives??
Your question is disconcerting, since I know very few who are the least bit interested in the personal lives of our law men. However, all of us are concerned about how our city is being represented, knowing there are illegal actions by enforcers of the law, coming to light.

Matters of the heart are very personal. I agree with you. However, matters of our city government is to be public information. And I would hope that this would be something we all could be proud of. I am glad there are folks in our town who are actually concerned about our handling of various aspects of community living. And are concerned when those supposedly leading the way, are not setting a decent example.
concerned

Hawley, TX

#24 May 22, 2009
Childhood Friend wrote:
Its funny how all of you claim to know this Officer. It seems you have only one side of the story or rumours you have heard. First of all how many of you are in a relationship that is not working for you? How many of you know that this Officer stayed for over 5 years for his child but things did not get better in his relationship? So he moved on, so has she so if neither of them are concered with the way things have turned out, why are you so concerned? I know this because he is a childhood friend of mine and I was at his wedding but matters of the heart is only between them two, he never aired his dirty laundry to anyone, so what gives??
I could care less about their personal life, but knowing him personally you should know right from wrong and if you are as close as you say you are, you know he is not an upstanding honest police officer, right? Trust me you are not the only one that knows him well!
concerned

Hawley, TX

#25 May 22, 2009
deeply concerned wrote:
Also, it would be to Ms Currie's advantage, if she did not get into other's business. As a result of her ignorance, she is exposing herself to justified humiliation.
She is also pretending to be 'all knowing' concerning areas that only certain folks know - primarily 'cops'. This too opens her up to scrutiny. In the cases she sited, she was working out of second hand knowledge. How embarrassing for her !!!
Yes, she needs to return to her home, and quit screwing with married men...primarily 'cops'.
Amazing what socializing with the police force will do for demeaning a person's character.
Possibly had she not expressed her ignorance in the Winter's Enterprise, she could have continued on her merry way in excruciating ignorance, and remained anonmyous to the pleasure of the good citizens of Winters.
We do not need folks in our town that do not understand humane actions ! We do not need to hear from those who merely repeat what they hear from others.(no original thought in their mind !)
Also, if you know her, be sure she uses her correct name. Believe me she is not worthy of an alias, or by line.
If Ms. Currie is not even from our country, it's makes you wonder if she is even here legally! I hope if she is making herself recognized that she is doing the right thing herself, ecspecially living with law enforcement officer!

Since: May 09

United States

#26 May 22, 2009
Maybe Winters should have looked closer as to why all these guys came rushing into town like they were going to save the day.....seems fishy to me...and now a petition is going around to get rid of the city manager because people think he is supporting the arrogant chief....wake up people he doesnt agree with this..

Since: May 09

United States

#27 May 22, 2009
As residents of Winters, TX, let's support Dr Hassan, by attending the City Council Meeting next Tuesday evening.

Unfortunately we have people who are easily impressed by the word Dr in front of our chief's name, and believe we have been greatly honored by his choosing our town.

Folks, let's see his diploma, pictures of the graduation ceremony, the name of the school and it's physical location. Then, let's not allow him to arrogantly use the title without supporting the substance which it normally takes to earn the title. I wonder what size his undergrad class, and his graduate class was?

I am personally aware of doctorates being 'given' to folks who merely 'want them'. Especially in religious studies, and philosophy. Do these ring a bell ?? Don't misunderstand, there is some study, but nothing that warrants the honor that is bestowed on those who earn it from an accredited school.

Will I see you Tuesday evening ?
Texas Blue

Gainesville, TX

#28 Sep 3, 2009
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should worry more about their reputations, because I believe they have trashed their own reputations! You would think law enforcement would be more honest and respectful to other people in their community instead of trying to run over everyone to try to get what they want!
They had honest law enforcement there but thats not what they want. they want people who do what they want not people who do whats ethically and morally correct.
Texas Blue

Gainesville, TX

#29 Sep 3, 2009
bafitz wrote:
As residents of Winters, TX, let's support Dr Hassan, by attending the City Council Meeting next Tuesday evening.
Unfortunately we have people who are easily impressed by the word Dr in front of our chief's name, and believe we have been greatly honored by his choosing our town.
Folks, let's see his diploma, pictures of the graduation ceremony, the name of the school and it's physical location. Then, let's not allow him to arrogantly use the title without supporting the substance which it normally takes to earn the title. I wonder what size his undergrad class, and his graduate class was?
I am personally aware of doctorates being 'given' to folks who merely 'want them'. Especially in religious studies, and philosophy. Do these ring a bell ?? Don't misunderstand, there is some study, but nothing that warrants the honor that is bestowed on those who earn it from an accredited school.
Will I see you Tuesday evening ?
While I support Aref is degree is not accredited either. However his Masters is. johnson has over 70 hours accredited which is no where near a phd. Hell he doesnt even have an associates. I could go on but I wont. I will depart with this. The Police Department when I started working there was non existant, I turned that around didnt play favorites and stuck to the law. That upset quite a few people. Thet fired Gary wrongfully, and without my approval, I resigned, Johnson stated that I had big city police traning and ideas that didnt fit within the guidelines of rual policing. What does that tell you. It tells me he is bias, this person has money or clout so what ever crime he committed will get swept under the rug. This iscalled the good ol boy system. Scratch my back and I will scratch yours. David Hutton opperates his school this way too, thats why we never got along because I didnt bow down to his way of thinking. In the Police busuness you need people that have both morals and ethics and are willing to do the right thing no matter hat the consequences. Good luck with your Police Department Winters. You know we never had a bank robbed when I was there. We never had a Police Officer Chased around her car with someone with a knife either, the reason being is because I didnt tolerate it. Go back and read the paper in Winters the day I made Chief 01/31/2007 and you will see and I quote myself, Do the Crime and you will do the time. We went from mainly felony crime when I was their to mostly misdemeanor crime. Drug peddlers went through Wingate instead of coming through Winters because of how proactive we were. We never waited on the crime to happen, we interveined. A good police force doest just happen especially in a town like winters, it must be formed, of honest hard working dedicated men and women that dont let their personal predjuduces get in the way.
Meeee

Winters, TX

#30 Sep 3, 2009
True blue, we would benefit from someone like you here. It is a shame that the damn police chief spends more time at the administration office than at the police station.
We have juvenile delinquents and dope heads running this town. It doesnt matter that they commit bulgaries, sell drugs etc...etc.... They do this because Chief Johnson ALLOWS IT. Thats right, he does nothing to these criminals except give them community service!!! They could care less that they are doing community service!!! Thats not a punishment thats a priviledge compared to what they should be doing witch is TIME IN a detention center.
I dont understand WHY they want the City Mgr gone. He was/is doing his job....at least he was aware of Chief Johnson not doing his!!!
Texas Blue

Gainesville, TX

#31 Sep 4, 2009
Meeee wrote:
True blue, we would benefit from someone like you here. It is a shame that the damn police chief spends more time at the administration office than at the police station.
We have juvenile delinquents and dope heads running this town. It doesnt matter that they commit bulgaries, sell drugs etc...etc.... They do this because Chief Johnson ALLOWS IT. Thats right, he does nothing to these criminals except give them community service!!! They could care less that they are doing community service!!! Thats not a punishment thats a priviledge compared to what they should be doing witch is TIME IN a detention center.
I dont understand WHY they want the City Mgr gone. He was/is doing his job....at least he was aware of Chief Johnson not doing his!!!
Why thankyou meee however I was there. I was the Chief of Winters from Jan 2007 to August 2008, before becoming Chief I was there as an Officer my name is Billy Reynolds
Meeee

Winters, TX

#32 Sep 4, 2009
I can honestly say that I have no idea what or if our chief now does anything. He tends to frequent the school. However, im not sure if its because we have so many kids getting into trouble or he's just campaigning. He certainly isnt taking care of any problems, we have had a slew of burglaries this summer. Ive heard it's the same kids who were in trouble last year and wonder why nothing was done about it then. Did we have to wait until they broke into something AGAIN to see if anything comes of it. Im sure nothing will be done, as usual. Where are these childrens parents? Why are they not punishing their kids for thieving? Is it something that we promote in Winters, Tx? What a shame my daddy would roll over in his grave if he knew what had become of this town he loved so much. May God Bless this town and chase the devil out of here!! Praise the Lord!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon Lawson (Sep '13) Sep 17 brainz 12
are we ignoring this!!!!???? mr. brandon lawson... Jul '17 Thecheese 5
who knows what? Jul '17 Joey c 4
Brandon Lawson (Jul '14) May '17 Joey C 5
Question for anybody May '17 Code of Silence H... 1
Theories on what happened to Brandon Lawson (Feb '16) May '17 Code of Silence H... 11
Still wanting to talk about Brandon Lawson May '17 Joey c 2

Winters Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winters Mortgages