Winter Springs' example shows pitfall...

Winter Springs' example shows pitfalls of creating town center

There are 2 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 18, 2007, titled Winter Springs' example shows pitfalls of creating town center. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Building a town center from scratch is not a simple task. Just ask Winter Springs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

Anonymous

Melbourne Beach, FL

#1 Jan 21, 2007
This article was a waste of reading time. Not enough information is provided to help others. People are going to drive to town centers regardless of where they are. Most are situated on main roadways with very high speed limits. Look at Waterford Lakes, Uptown Altamonte, and Winter Park Village. They are all on major roadways and most people do not live close enough to walk and/or would not feel safe enough trying to cross the main road to get to it. Downtown Winter Park (Park Avenue) is a good example of a "town center" environment. A small two lane street and on street parking make it easy to get to the shops. The other town centers are truly not much different than a shopping center. Winter Springs Town Center included.
Kathleen

Orlando, FL

#2 Mar 14, 2011
It is sad that the management of the Winter Springs Town Center could not properly manage such a small property. It is a shame with the amount of locals that desperately need local food and stores cannot keep from driving to Sanford and Orlando for such, as well as entertainment. The people are here...Oviedo, Winter Springs....where are the good stores?? Oviedo mall has been a joke since it began there has never been good stores to keep the people coming. The management thought it best to take away any children entertainment there and thus the people went elsewhere and they wonder why they can't stay afloat? Barnes and Noble included. They took away seating in the childrens section to deter people from sitting with children? Well the more I sat the more I ended up buying now we go to Altamonte Barnes and Noble.
The climbing thing gone a few years ago, the bouncy thing gone the train gone??? If you want parents you must have things for children to entice them to stay and visit longer.
Teenage punk clothing stores is not what the people of Oviedo want. Try enticing the caliber of people that spend money....families. How about a Panera's at one of the outdoor closed restaurants. If you build it they will come! I've never seen a Panera's without people at lunchtime at any location. Starbucks?? Wake up mall owners. Solicit things people like. Survey the town you'll see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do back people think they are so entitled t... (Oct '15) May 1 cosplaychic2011 9
Tara Berry is a Schizophrenic May 1 Benny Delgado 1
Tara Berry gives Great Head May 1 Benny Delgado 1
VFT Marketing: Tara wants Benny Sitting in a ... Apr 29 Tara Bennie VFT 1
News Prosecutor charges man who shot at George Zimme... (Jun '15) Feb '16 Melanie 2
the music thread (Apr '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 22
Paul Stott Group to appear at Mikki V's July 24th (Jul '15) Jul '15 Karen 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winter Springs Mortgages