Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#57859 Apr 30, 2013
surrealdreamer wrote:
What the Hell is wrong with some of your people? A kid is killed, someones child, someones brother, someones friend etc. Because he is black that makes it Ok for someone to take his life for no reason other than some wanna be thug cop decided to follow him and ultimatly kill him. Its ok with some of you because he is black?
My heart breaks reading this crap. This is what is wrong with humanity today. People hide behind computer screens spewing hatred.
How many of you conservatives on here posting your hatred for a dead child go to church on Sunday, read your bible and believe that Jesus looks upon you as a good person? The bible is pretty specific about GOD looking upon the heart. You poison yourself with your hatred against a person just because of their color. GOD created them too.
To those of you saying that blacks should go back to Africa, you are forgetting that we brought them here abused them in the most horric ways, they were freed. They are Americans, they go to War for this country, they defend it beside other soldiers regardless of color. They are by all means Americans that defend your right to come on a place like topix and spew hatred about them based on nothing but the color of skin that GOD gave them. Shame on you
While blacks are here legally and American citizens we have the hispanic groups sneaking across our borders breaking the laws of this land. We have mexican drug cartels sneaking across our borders, now those are some barbaric thugs that stop a bus, make the people get off kill them by bashing their heads in with a sledge hammer and throwing them in mass graves. These are their own people same race as them. When they start doing that on our soil will you all be calling them Thugs? Will you hate all them based on what a few do like what is done in this case of an innocent child losing his life for no reason?
your rendition does beg the answer of why segregation worked so well, quite frankly if we then paid the trip back to africa, purchaed their lands here at fair price the repatriation to the homeland would be the best jester, or are you trying to say that life with other africans is not fair, or that the right to prey on whites is more beneficial to them and that they should have that right to prey on whites for some past injustice perceived in your mind and that it can be taken out on someone who had nothing to do with the injustice and or their ancestors

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#57860 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
and no where in there does it say he called the police and was talking to a police officer
Zimmermen called the non emergency police number and was speaking to a law enforcement representative. Playing a word game over whether that representative was a "Police Officer" is irrelevant. I knew Zinnerman's story stunk the first time I heard it. He claimed Martin was hiding jumped him. I have been to that community many times and there is no place to hide behind those town houses.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#57861 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you've been wrong about everything you posted.
Zimmerthug called the police non emergency number and spoke to the police dispatcher.
Shouldn't you verify before making an ass of yourself?
You are the one who needs to "solber" up.
then produce the officers written oath

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#57862 Apr 30, 2013
The fact is Zimmerman first chased Martin, then lost him, then spotted him again and approached him. Only at that point did Martin decide to "stand his ground" and attempt to defend himself. The right to "stand your ground" goes to the person being chased, not the person that is chasing. A person's successful defense of himself can not considered a threat to the attacker.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#57863 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
your rendition does beg the answer of why segregation worked so well, quite frankly if we then paid the trip back to africa, purchaed their lands here at fair price the repatriation to the homeland would be the best jester, or are you trying to say that life with other africans is not fair, or that the right to prey on whites is more beneficial to them and that they should have that right to prey on whites for some past injustice perceived in your mind and that it can be taken out on someone who had nothing to do with the injustice and or their ancestors
Where did you get the idea that segregation worked? It created poverty, sickness, and the institutional erosion of Rights.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57864 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>if you could obtain a legitimate doctorate, then you would be closely capable of an intelligent conversation, till then just listen
As opposed to an illegitimate doctorate?

One doesn't require a degree of any kind to see what a liar you are, You no nothing about this murder case yet you continue to lie and refuse to admit you are a know nothing blowhard gas bag.

ROFLMAO at you.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57865 Apr 30, 2013
no=know

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57866 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
then produce the officers written oath
I have trouble realizing just how dumb you are and your refusal to accept facts.

I posted the official transcript of Zimmerthug's conversation with the POLICE DISPATCHER as well as his police statement detailing his call to the POLICE NON EMERGENCY NUMBER yet you're too stupid to admit you are a liar.

These were released by the prosecutor and will be used as evidence in his trial.

Aren't you embarrassed by your ignorant posts?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57868 Apr 30, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmermen called the non emergency police number and was speaking to a law enforcement representative. Playing a word game over whether that representative was a "Police Officer" is irrelevant. I knew Zinnerman's story stunk the first time I heard it. He claimed Martin was hiding jumped him. I have been to that community many times and there is no place to hide behind those town houses.
He claims Zimmerman called 911, not the police dispatcher. Now, instead of admitting he was wrong, he wants to play word games.

He has been wrong about everything he has posted claiming to be "facts".

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57869 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you've been wrong about everything you posted.
Zimmerthug called the police non emergency number and spoke to the police dispatcher.
Shouldn't you verify before making an ass of yourself?
You are the one who needs to "solber" up.
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
then produce the officers written oath
You still want to claim he called 911? You think he was lying to the cops when he said he called the police non emergency number?

You think the state produced a phony transcript of the call to the police non emergency number?

If you're too slow or too lazy to read about this case, or listen to any of the videos then stop posting your lies about it.

You continue to embarrass yourself.

I continue to be baffled at your stupidity.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57870 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a transcript of a call placed by George Zimmerman to the Sanford Police Department on February 26, 2012.

.
.
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
and no where in there does it say he called the police and was talking to a police officer
He did call the police department. Zimmerman said so himself.

No one has said he talked to a police officer. You said he called 911. I said he called the police non emergency number and spoke to the police dispatcher. Barefoot said he talked t the police dispatcher. You said he did not talk to the police dispatcher.

I said police dispatcher.

Barefoot said police dispatcher.

State said police dispatcher.

Zimmerman said police dispatcher.

Now, you're not man enough to admit your error or own up to your lie and you are changing it.

No one has said he spoke to a police officer. What we all said was he called the police non emergency number, not 911. You lied over and over and said he called 911 and spoke to an operator, in spite of all the proof to the contrary.

You're worthless.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57871 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
and no where in there does it say he called the police and was talking to a police officer
And nowhere does it say he called 911, as you claimed over and over again.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57872 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
wouldn t have that in my house, i d get a dog
You are a dog. A dumb dog.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#57873 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
your rendition does beg the answer of why segregation worked so well, quite frankly if we then paid the trip back to africa, purchaed their lands here at fair price the repatriation to the homeland would be the best jester, or are you trying to say that life with other africans is not fair, or that the right to prey on whites is more beneficial to them and that they should have that right to prey on whites for some past injustice perceived in your mind and that it can be taken out on someone who had nothing to do with the injustice and or their ancestors
You ass. Ask an older black person how well segregation worked. If it worked so well, why all the civil unrest that did away with it?

It doesn't surprise me that you think like that. I'll bet you even call yourself a Christian. You're a fool, and a stupid one at that.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57874 Apr 30, 2013
No Exuses wrote:
Most liberals are hateful people.
~STOMP STOMP STOMP~

Hateful!

Most conservatives are really bad spellers!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57875 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>if you could obtain a legitimate doctorate, then you would be closely capable of an intelligent conversation, till then just listen
HUH?

Did you think this a witty response?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#57876 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are pretending I didn't prove you are a liar about the police dispatcher and a lot of your other lies. You just close your eyes and move on, pretending you know what you're talking about.
You've been wrong about everything you've said about this case.
BS. You better start cleaning it up, it's getting deep.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57877 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh where to start. Zimmerman was not a security guard. He was a self appointed NW Captain. He did not identify himself to the unarmed boy he shot and killed.
Unless you have a prior dislike or hatred for Obama, him saying if he had a son he would look like Trayvon wouldn't mean anything to you except a father sympathizing with parents of a dead child.
Most of us with children felt broken hearted that a child was dead. Needlessly dead. Color didn't matter, he was a child shot to death before he had a chance to live his life.
The "black kid" was only defending himself from a strange man he did not know, who didn't identify himself and from whom he had already ran away.
How would you feel if it were your unarmed child who was walking where he had every right to walk, not breaking any laws, minding his own business and and was shot dead?


Too bad he wasn't minding his own business. Martin had ample time to go home but chose not to. Apparently he doubled back to confront Zimmerman and physically attack him. That decision cost him his life.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57878 Apr 30, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmermen called the non emergency police number and was speaking to a law enforcement representative. Playing a word game over whether that representative was a "Police Officer" is irrelevant. I knew Zinnerman's story stunk the first time I heard it. He claimed Martin was hiding jumped him. I have been to that community many times and there is no place to hide behind those town houses.


A police dispatcher is not a law enforcement officer and can merely give advice.

"David makes much of the fact that Zimmerman may have continued to follow Martin despite a dispatcher’s admonition to the contrary. But a citizen engaged in innocent behavior (including investigating a potential crime) is not required to heed a dispatcher’s advice. If Martin had disregarded the direction of a police officer on the scene, that might be different. But no one is required to act on a dispatcher’s direction, even if it would be prudent to do so. Bad judgment is not a crime.....

If I were a cynic, I’d say that an ambitious special prosecutor — exploiting the rabble-rousing of the U.S. attorney general and the racial grievance industry — filed an exceedingly serious charge for which she lacks evidence, second degree murder, in order to bask in the mob’s adulation while pressuring Zimmerman to plead guilty to a lesser charge, manslaughter, on which the special prosecutor runs a high risk of losing if Zimmerman forces a trial. So I’m sure glad I’m not a cynic."

Andrew C. McCarthy III ,
former Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. He is most notable for leading the 1995 terrorism prosecution against Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and eleven others. The defendants were convicted of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and planning a series of attacks against New York City landmarks.

In case you missed it-

"But a citizen engaged in innocent behavior (including investigating a potential crime) is not required to heed a dispatcher’s advice."
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57879 Apr 30, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
The fact is Zimmerman first chased Martin, then lost him, then spotted him again and approached him. Only at that point did Martin decide to "stand his ground" and attempt to defend himself. The right to "stand your ground" goes to the person being chased, not the person that is chasing. A person's successful defense of himself can not considered a threat to the attacker.
From the call released by the Sanford Police:

At 2:07 seconds, Zimmerman tells the dispatcher,“He’s running.”

At 2:09, you can hear a car door open and an alarm begins that is undoubtedly the “door open, keys in ignition” warning on Zimmerman’s truck.

At 2:13, you can clearly hear the car door slamming shut, and the alarm stops.

At 2:17, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.

At 2:22, without any prompting other than the aforementioned noises and breathing, the dispatcher asks “Are you following him?” to which Zimmerman responds,“Yeah.”

At 2:26, the dispatcher says,“Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds,“Okay.”

Zimmerman proceeds to give the dispatcher his name. Then he says,“He ran.”

Zimmerman can still be heard breathing into the phone until about 2:39, at which point the heavy breathing stops entirely, a mere 13 seconds after the dispatcher asked him to stop following. A very calm and collected Zimmerman then proceeds to give the dispatcher his own information, directions and a description of his location for another 1 minute and 33 seconds.

The difference between someone running while on the phone and not running can be heard quite clearly, and I encourage readers to listen for themselves.

There’s another reason to believe that Zimmerman stopped following Martin: After he gives the dispatcher his personal address, at 3:35, he says,“Oh crap, I don’t want to give that all out. I don’t know where this kid is,” meaning he is worried Martin might hear where he lives. If Zimmerman doesn’t even know where Martin is, would it even be possible for him to still be following Martin at this point? Would it even be possible for him to have continued following Martin after hanging up the phone — a full two minutes after he first got out of his car and a minute and a half after he fully stops breathing heavily — unless Martin came back and revealed himself?

It was a mistake for Zimmerman to leave his car in the first place. But while the audio may not decisively prove that Zimmerman stopped following Martin when the dispatcher asked him to, it is very strong evidence that he did, especially when coupled with his testimony to police the night of the incident. But that isn’t even the point.

The point is this: With no witnesses stating that Zimmerman defied the dispatcher’s wishes and continued following Martin and no evidence to suggest he did, how did the idea that he pursued Martin after the dispatcher told him not to become a universally recognized, undisputed fact?

That it did is a testament to Al Sharpton’s ability to manipulate the media — and the media’s willingness to be manipulated.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/02/911-call-sh ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Apr '12) Sat Musikologist 23
Seminoles Stupid Prosecutors (May '15) Jul 18 Mike Cruz 10
Terantulas fight spiders at 400 Marker St. Jul 18 Hot blonde 18 1
Know Your Candidates - Steve Edmonds Jul 15 WilsonD 1
All white People are Evil (Jul '13) Jul 15 Hersrt10 39
News Shannon Burke, radio personality, still jailed ... (May '09) Jul 6 StreamingGuide 110
News Casey Anthony won't have court appearance today (Sep '08) Jul 3 Notliz 3,346

Winter Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winter Springs Mortgages