Osteen residents divided over propose...

Osteen residents divided over proposed land use changes

There are 8 comments on the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online story from Apr 9, 2012, titled Osteen residents divided over proposed land use changes. In it, Daytona Beach News-Journal Online reports that:

Volusia County is pushing a plan to change the allowable land uses in this rural unincorporated area, and some residents are trying to stop the effort.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.

Devitt Harrison

Moscow, Russia

#1 Apr 11, 2012
Our town is what little is left of old Florida. We wish it to remain as it is, agricultural, real, uncongested wild Florida!
Hoot

Orlando, FL

#2 Apr 12, 2012
Devitt Harrison wrote:
Our town is what little is left of old Florida. We wish it to remain as it is, agricultural, real, uncongested wild Florida!
it looks like someone on the county council sold you folks in osteen out. she is running for the supervisior of elections. cast your vote for someone else. I signed the petition for you guys at the Osteen diner. what will happen to it when the fast food restaurants and big box stores come?
gdel

Altamonte Springs, FL

#3 May 7, 2012
yea deltona is now a business growing city !!!
overit

Orlando, FL

#4 May 9, 2012
Hoot wrote:
<quoted text>
it looks like someone on the county council sold you folks in osteen out. she is running for the supervisior of elections. cast your vote for someone else. I signed the petition for you guys at the Osteen diner. what will happen to it when the fast food restaurants and big box stores come?
Old news pal, McFall has reconsidered and will seek her elections gig again, Northey has pulled out of that race and will run again for district 5 CC. Not sure where that leaves Mulder but I'm hearing that Kelley will continue campaigning for the elections spot.

All this could change by tomorrow.

I'm really surprised that you or one of the other delightful old fools haven't thrown your hats into the ring for these all important political slots.
screwedupworld

Melbourne, FL

#5 May 12, 2012
Osteen won the battle not the war. They still have to get Deltona to back off on annexing down the road. Why does everyone hate Deltona?
There are delightful old fools running. Like you said Northey is in the race, he he he
one eye closed

Crestview, FL

#6 Feb 12, 2014
Devitt Harrison wrote:
Our town is what little is left of old Florida. We wish it to remain as it is, agricultural, real, uncongested wild Florida!
Is that what you think you have in Osteen? You must be in a coma. That went away with the popularity of NSB. the growth of Deltona and the local Wal Mart.I lived there in the 60's. Believe me you've lost all that charm you mentioned.
Headline Surfer

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Feb 12, 2014
overit wrote:
<quoted text>Old news pal, McFall has reconsidered and will seek her elections gig again, Northey has pulled out of that race and will run again for district 5 CC. Not sure where that leaves Mulder but I'm hearing that Kelley will continue campaigning for the elections spot.
All this could change by tomorrow.
I'm really surprised that you or one of the other delightful old fools haven't thrown your hats into the ring for these all important political slots.
Mc Fall & Northey should be indicted on charges of bribery if the trial begins in March, any indication of them being innocent of bribery or dodging those charges comes from that fact that Larizza has not been caught. If you're getting any information from the computer or from the Daytona Beach News Journal you really should stop that!
The Hobo

United States

#8 Mar 13, 2014
Northey should have charges brought against her, she was so much for the people and then after she got in she turned like a rattle snake against the people that put her in. We need to get and keep her out of any office she cant be trusted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Casey Anthony won't have court appearance today (Sep '08) 22 hr Jason 3,348
Steve Bannon and Marla Maples Nov 19 Mud 1
more black on white crime! (Aug '13) Nov 16 normal 119
Destruction of lake mary Nov 13 Hated and proud 1
Mark Matovina Port Orange Nov 12 Irritated 1
Election Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Nov 5 hose A 2,229
Mark wayne linger Oct 31 Annoyed 2

Winter Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winter Springs Mortgages