Police ask public to help find elderly Altamonte Springs woman

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

An 80-year-old woman who left an Altamonte Springs retirement facility this morning is missing.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
FarRightWing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

Thats good news.We all have to look after our elderly folks and take care of them just as you would a child which is what they did for you. Remember one day you will be in the same situation and God willing someone will be out there for you. Take care your elderly and children and God will be pleased. Do harm to either and pay the piper.
The OS

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Was that the silver alert I saw on I-95 and I-4 coming back from the Jacksonville area today? How about fully updating this story, so the public knows whether to be on the lookout still, or not.
hopey changey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

FarRightWing wrote:
Thats good news.We all have to look after our elderly folks and take care of them just as you would a child which is what they did for you. Remember one day you will be in the same situation and God willing someone will be out there for you. Take care your elderly and children and God will be pleased. Do harm to either and pay the piper.
Such a good thing to remember on Father's Day, to honor our dad and care for him like he did us. Am glad the poor soul was found safe. Who knows what could have happened to her on West Colonial.

Since: Jul 08

DeBary, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

I like happy endings.
Over It Already

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

hopey changey wrote:
<quoted text>Such a good thing to remember on Father's Day, to honor our dad and care for him like he did us. Am glad the poor soul was found safe. Who knows what could have happened to her on West Colonial.
I honored my dad today and visited him. I was born on Fathers Day and today was my birthday and the best part of my birthday was visiting my father and sitting down with him and eating a cold slice of watermelon with him. Always be there for your parents like they were there for you. I'm glad this lady was found safe.
Bizzy

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

The OS wrote:
Was that the silver alert I saw on I-95 and I-4 coming back from the Jacksonville area today? How about fully updating this story, so the public knows whether to be on the lookout still, or not.
Considering you didn't pay attention to that sign in the first place, I guess it shouldn't matter to you. No, there was no Silver Alert for this lady, she didn't meet the requirements.
evh

Melbourne Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Why is she driving!!!!! This could have well read " 80 yr old woman losses control and runs over 3 children at a corner street What went wrong? story at 11:00....She should be driven not driving!!!!!
age discrimination

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

evh wrote:
Why is she driving!!!!! This could have well read " 80 yr old woman losses control and runs over 3 children at a corner street What went wrong? story at 11:00....She should be driven not driving!!!!!

Some people grow old and still drive just fine... ones ability to drive properly is not something that just vanishes at a certain age. Evolve and enlighten yourself

“Kiss my grits, internet trolls”

Since: Sep 08

Far from a techtonic faultline

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

And this sad situation is exactly why more folks should be wearing a GPS tracking bracelet.

The aren't just for trucks, and cars anymore.
Del

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

I am glad they found her. But, couldn't they publish a better picture?
NFormedReader

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

I'm glad that this story had a happy ending.
Lewis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

evh wrote:
Who is to testify in favor of your driving ability. You are probably one of the idiots on the road every day.
I hope you live to a ripe old age, so that someone will want you to take your hands off the steering wheel and park your a*s at home.
lookaftertheelde rly

Geneva, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

thank goodness, and like everyone else said, i'm glad for happy endings. whew.
Apartments for Rent Man21

Clearfield, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

All is well that ends well, and this sounded like it ended well. Something that needs to be implemented in my book, is some type of designated drivers for elderly people over 65. That way they will be safe and it will create jobs too.
Malcom Reynolds

Clearfield, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Well, as history buff, I could tell you what the ancient Greeks and Romans would have done. Left her out there. they would have said "Well, if the gods want her to live or come back, she will." That way, she is no longer a burden on the society. Just sayin, that's what they would have done. http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Flor...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Winter Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Winter Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••