Florida girl recovering after four da...

Florida girl recovering after four days in swampland

There are 49 comments on the Vancouver Sun story from Apr 14, 2010, titled Florida girl recovering after four days in swampland. In it, Vancouver Sun reports that:

In this photo provided by the Winter Springs Police Department, Nadia Bloom is picked up by Cpl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vancouver Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pete Moss

Lakeland, FL

#48 Apr 16, 2010
I'm curious. How do you know this guy as Mikey and we all know him as Ron? What gives?
60 Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget the CONVICTED pedo!You'll see this alot out of MIKEY.Everytime i have outed his past before he does the same lame chit.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#49 Apr 16, 2010
me4sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have proof to back this claim up? or is it merely your opinion?
http://www.examiner.com/x-12837-US-Headlines-...

Here is the proof you asked for. That being said, it is merely my opinion that James King and the pastor of the church are using this story to their advantage. They have been all over the media soaking up the "God's hero's" story. I'm not saying that there was any funny business, and I'm always open to the possibilty of miracles, but the way some of these folks are talking, it's almost sounds like the script was already written. I'm not a cynic, but after stories like "balloon boy" and what not, a healthy shot of skepticism never hurt anyone. I'm probably wrong, and I hope I am.

“Tactful & Classy”

Since: Oct 08

at all times

#50 Apr 16, 2010
Did you read this from the article you linked?

A spokesperson for the South Seminole Hospital updated the public on Nadia’s condition at approximately 1:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 13, 2010. He said that Nadia is doing well but that her injuries are consistent with those of a child who spent nearly five full days in Florida’s swamps. She is suffering from dehydration and has many surface wounds, abrasion, and bug bites.
Nika Nika

Waianae, HI

#51 Apr 16, 2010
sanka wrote:
Did you read this from the article you linked?
A spokesperson for the South Seminole Hospital updated the public on Nadia’s condition at approximately 1:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 13, 2010. He said that Nadia is doing well but that her injuries are consistent with those of a child who spent nearly five full days in Florida’s swamps. She is suffering from dehydration and has many surface wounds, abrasion, and bug bites.

does that really make sense? five days(and nights) lost and alone in alligator and snake infested swamp with no food and water, and you get surface scratches and bug bites and dehydration? i do not think it makes sense, before they carried her out they feared she was dead, given how long she had been exposed to the elements, her injuries are consistent with being in the swamp all tuesday morning - since King carried her out there at dawn.
Nika Nika

Waianae, HI

#52 Apr 16, 2010
i know the doctor is saying its consistent with being there all five days, but i think its possible the doctor is saying that to appease suspicion while the police do their work. we have to read between the lines. the cops are still holding on the the camera that either holds or does not gold proof of what she did, and nobody but the cops have been allowed to see it yet, also nobody has gotten a first hand account of what transpired yet. right now everybody is in the relief and joy stage. and its hard to think critically when you were to afraid and then so relieved, but i think its ok to rejoice that she is alive and also question the story behind her rescue. no specific proof has come out that she was in that swamp for five days. in fact anything that might prove or disprove it is being held by the cops right now.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#53 Apr 16, 2010
Nika Nika wrote:
i know the doctor is saying its consistent with being there all five days, but i think its possible the doctor is saying that to appease suspicion while the police do their work. we have to read between the lines. the cops are still holding on the the camera that either holds or does not gold proof of what she did, and nobody but the cops have been allowed to see it yet, also nobody has gotten a first hand account of what transpired yet. right now everybody is in the relief and joy stage. and its hard to think critically when you were to afraid and then so relieved, but i think its ok to rejoice that she is alive and also question the story behind her rescue. no specific proof has come out that she was in that swamp for five days. in fact anything that might prove or disprove it is being held by the cops right now.
Nika...I'm fairly comfortable in saying that her condition was consistent with spending four nights in the swamp. Kids are very resiliant. I'm not saying that it's not possible that something fishy is going on, I'm just sayin'.

“Tactful & Classy”

Since: Oct 08

at all times

#54 Apr 16, 2010
She was probably drinking nasty swamp water that helped her stay hydrated but kept her in the hospital after she was found to get IVs fight bacteria.
Snakecharmer

Orlando, FL

#55 Apr 19, 2010
reddog wrote:
Disney can make a movie about her!! That will tick off at least one person under many ID's we all know.
We should start writing the screenplay just to see Ron foam at the mouth.
gimme a break

Williamsburg, VA

#56 Apr 20, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SunRail sets ridership record Thu jhharvey 1
News Settling cruise bill has been rough sailing (Mar '08) Mar 22 Lance 264
News Secular group asks Longwood to remove cross at ... Mar 19 why r u so high 2
News Islamic group banned after visit to Seminole cl... (Jun '08) Mar 19 hodgechic 446
Wekiva River in Sanford, Fl (how is area, please)? Mar 13 Phat Tuesday 7
News Certified Financial Group and the Orlando Philh... Mar 13 JFB 1
why do blacks wear hoodies when its hot out? (Mar '12) Mar 12 HATE 31

Winter Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winter Springs Mortgages