Snow Mountain will be back in Oviedo

Snow Mountain will be back in Oviedo

There are 1 comment on the Seminole Chronicle story from Dec 8, 2010, titled Snow Mountain will be back in Oviedo. In it, Seminole Chronicle reports that:

While Florida is a prime destination known for its pristine beaches and endless amounts of tourist attractions, one thing it does not specialize in is the fun that comes with a cold, wintery snow day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seminole Chronicle.

mom of 3

Winter Springs, FL

#1 Dec 12, 2010
I am posting a comment b/c before this event I searched for reviews and didn't find any! So this is to help those out next year! We didn't view the parade but instead paid $10 for the younger girls ages 4,9 to play in the snow. We waited about 25 mins and got 5 mins in the snow. They loved it. It was a small area though. Say 200 sqft or the size of a small bedroom. We didn't go down the sled 'hill' part plastic, part snow. It was a long line and on inflatable inner tubes. The girls had fun making bubbles at a bubble truck. They bought a few toys and played a few cheesy games for little prizes.(free)They ate funnel cake and cotton candy and watched a few mins. of the shows on the basketball court. It was all outdoors. The lights could have been better. But it was safe enough. There were a handful of nice picnic tables. There were stands to buy pizza and drinks. There was a moon bounce and inflatable obstacle course. The lines were about 10-20 mins long. There were indoor restrooms as well as an outdoor building w/ 4 restrooms near a small playground. There was also a mobile bathroom station. We felt it was busy but not overcrowded. There was enough to do for the cost. Most of it free. Just food and souveniers cost this year. The supervision of workers and police officers was great. We felt very safe. There were plenty of trash cans. Keep in mind there is a medium sized retention type pond there w/o a fence. So don't let go of little ones or take your eyes off them! The only ride we saw was a mechanical surf board.(free) We would have paid for a craft booth/tables as well as cookie decorating activity IF THEY HAD IT. Santa had a fake beard and didn't look 'real'. But he was on a nicely decorated platform. I'd like to see more sponsors out next year like Home Depot perhaps w/ a holiday craft. And if they had a little train ride we would have been willing to pay for that. I know parking was difficult for my sister. She had a long hike. We arrived 30 mins. before it opened to be in line. Overall my three girls ages 4, 9, 14 had fun and a 16 yr old boy, my husband and my sister and I. We enjoyed this much more than the event at Cranes Roost in Altamonte by our home. I'd recommend it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man found dead in lake had run from traffic stop 11 hr Kim Smith 1
News Black senators call for removal of Confederate ... Jul 5 private guy 3
All white People are Evil (Jul '13) Jul 5 bite me 34
News Zimmerman: A person in his circumstances can't ... Jul 4 Jesus Brother 6
Seminoles Stupid Prosecutors Jul 4 Jesus Brother 3
News Bravo for Fla. Supreme Court's justice for judg... Jul 4 Jesus Brother 1
News Fired Orlando cop pleads guilty to lesser drunk... Jul 4 Jesus Brother 2
More from around the web

Winter Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE