Cops: Woman faked pain-pill prescript...

Cops: Woman faked pain-pill prescriptions

There are 26 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 24, 2007, titled Cops: Woman faked pain-pill prescriptions. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

An Apopka woman is accused of practicing medicine without a license and writing prescriptions for thousands of pills to herself and her mother.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pat Golub

Columbia, SC

#1 May 24, 2007
In the reception room where you go to sign in there is a typed note on the wall about how much confidence Dr. Debra Dube places in all of her associates. hmmmm
Telling It Like It Is

Sanford, FL

#2 May 24, 2007
Dang... What is going on in Apopka!!! Them people are out of control!!!:-)
Bob

Shreveport, LA

#3 May 25, 2007
i GOT A SCRIPT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME THAT I NEVER FILLED AND I KNOW DR. DUBE DID NOT WRITE IT OUT OR SIGN IT!( IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE BLOGS DID STAY UP FOR MORE THAT A FEW HOURS! THEY CHANGE THE STORY AND DELETED THE BLOGS FROM A FEW NEWS STORYS!
justice

Plano, TX

#4 May 25, 2007
Big deal.
Mr Yu

Plymouth, FL

#5 May 30, 2007
Should have seen Dr. Doobie , not Dr. Dube.

Since: Jan 07

Winter Park, FL

#6 May 30, 2007
Mr Yu wrote:
Should have seen Dr. Doobie , not Dr. Dube.
THAT'S intelligent.

Since: Jun 07

Ocala, FL

#7 Jun 1, 2007
"Dang... What is going on in Apopka!!!"

Well, I don't necessarily expect someone from small-town Sanford to understand, but in a bustling metropolis like Apopka, this kind of stuff is bound to happen. Law of statistics.
mare

AOL

#8 Jun 1, 2007
I think Dr. Dube is the best Doctor I have been to..when I started with Dr. Dube, she looked over the meds I was on & had me take some tests, & then we talked about how she would like to proceed with my health care...she treats the whole person, not just hands out prescriptions...the changes she made with me, I am convinced she saved my life..she stays on top of the new changes in the medical field...She's the BEST..
Hmmmmm

Frisco, TX

#9 Jun 1, 2007
interesting.
Hmmmm

Frisco, TX

#10 Jun 1, 2007
Terms of Service
This agreement (the "Agreement") is entered into by and between you ("you") and Topix LLC, d/b/a Topix,(hereinafter referred to as "Topix") regarding your use of the Topix service (the "Service"). By using the Service, you are entering into this Agreement with Topix and indicating that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions as originally stated, please do not use the Service. In addition, when using particular Topix owned or operated services, you and Topix shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new Topix properties, shall be subject to the Agreement.
Anonymous

Orlando, FL

#11 Jun 8, 2007
mare wrote:
I think Dr. Dube is the best Doctor I have been to..when I started with Dr. Dube, she looked over the meds I was on & had me take some tests, & then we talked about how she would like to proceed with my health care...she treats the whole person, not just hands out prescriptions...the changes she made with me, I am convinced she saved my life..she stays on top of the new changes in the medical field...She's the BEST..
If Dr. Dube is so great, why did she hire another physician without cross-checking references, licensure, etc. It is ILLEGAL to practice medicine without a license even if she is an MD, she must still be licensed in FL, which anyone with a computer can find out on myflorida.com . To make things worse, she allowed her to stay on when she did find out she was unlicensed--she should have immediately been terminated. This does not speak will for Dr. Dube. How could she NOT have known she wasn't seeing patients alone? This all sounds very fishy.
Anonymous

Orlando, FL

#12 Jun 8, 2007
Sorry, meant to say: How could she NOT have known she WAS seeing patients alone?
franky fingers

Orlando, FL

#13 Jun 12, 2007
Bob wrote:
i GOT A SCRIPT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME THAT I NEVER FILLED AND I KNOW DR. DUBE DID NOT WRITE IT OUT OR SIGN IT!( IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE BLOGS DID STAY UP FOR MORE THAT A FEW HOURS! THEY CHANGE THE STORY AND DELETED THE BLOGS FROM A FEW NEWS STORYS!
Exactly, Tara Wilfong was stealing and forging Dr. Dube's signature. I'm not sure what point you are trying to convey???
William Anderson

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2007
Dr Dube saved my life. She takes time with each patient. She goes over and above to care for her patients. Dr Dube writes scripts the same way anyother doctor does. You are all playing the Great American Blame game. Dr Dube did no wrong. The employee she had working for her did the false information.
franky fingers

Orlando, FL

#15 Jun 13, 2007
William Anderson wrote:
Dr Dube saved my life. She takes time with each patient. She goes over and above to care for her patients. Dr Dube writes scripts the same way anyother doctor does. You are all playing the Great American Blame game. Dr Dube did no wrong. The employee she had working for her did the false information.
Thank you!
Neill

United States

#16 Jun 15, 2007
Dr Dube is the best MD I have ever been to. She is very caring and has a great staff, and a great office.
Steven F

Cocoa, FL

#17 Jun 26, 2007
You know. Everytime someone does something wrong everyone speaks up about whats wrong with the person. All of these people that complain about what Dr. Dube did or did not do. Is not the point here, i see a witch hunt on a good doctor who did made a mistake. Everybody cries out in horror when a doctor gets caught up in something but we ALL know about one doctor or another here in Florida that not something properly. Let's think about this...If a patient need medical attention from their own doctor but can't cover the copay on this visit, they're turn away regardless on their condition. How many doctor's load patients on drugs they DON'T need just to cover any possible problems instead of taking the time to diagnose them and give them the proper medications?

Who knows the circumstances behind this, maybe Dube was trying to give a person a decent chance to start over and this person took advantage of this. Maybe she didnt do all her backsground, who knows. But if all these people are going to doing anything about this particular situation, go find something more productive with yoiur days and leave Dr. Dube alone. Personally, she did a whole lot for me then 3 other doctor's i've been to. She made a mistake. get over it. We all are grown adults. The person who reported her, did right, she saw something wrong and she put it out there. Can any of you nay sayers do the same?? Or will you just jump another witch hunt when then is over?
A Blast from the past

Tampa, FL

#18 Jul 31, 2007
This is not the first time Dr Dube had a unlicensed person seeing her patients. She also had a nurse practioner seeing patients that was only a nurse studing to be a nurse practioner. Dr Dube always wants to take the easy way out and put the blame somewhere else other than herself. Its time she takes responsibility for her own practice it was no one's fault but her own for not checking references...
sick and tired

Lake Mary, FL

#19 Aug 6, 2007
A Blast from the past wrote:
This is not the first time Dr Dube had a unlicensed person seeing her patients. She also had a nurse practioner seeing patients that was only a nurse studing to be a nurse practioner. Dr Dube always wants to take the easy way out and put the blame somewhere else other than herself. Its time she takes responsibility for her own practice it was no one's fault but her own for not checking references...
You are so full of $hit your eyes are brown!!!! WHO is the nurse practitioner you speak of? Her initials are probably R.J.

Dube is what they call a PRECEPTOR for students. Do you know what that is? Probably not! Look it up, think about the absurdity of what you have stated and then get back to the blog with some intelligent conversation! Until you inform yourself, you are nothing more than an ignoramous trying to sound intelligent.
sick and tired

Lake Mary, FL

#20 Aug 6, 2007
A Blast from the past wrote:
Furthermore, try checking and reading your postings before you post them. Typos, grammatical errors, etc...you sound stupid!

Didn't know nurses are "studing" for becoming a nurse practitioner; does that mean they are having sex with a horse before they can become a nurse practitioner?

You don't know Dube, obviously never have as you would've never made such ridiculous comments. Shut your pie hole!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George Zimmerman Is A Real American Hero (Apr '12) May 27 dubaw 246
Ursula Sunshine Assaid (Aug '11) May 18 RuffnReddy 20
To: George Zimmerman (Jul '13) May 18 Black Surprise 319
News Back to prison for Mary Hill (Aug '06) May 17 Name 210
News Prosecutor charges man who shot at George Zimme... (Jun '15) Feb '16 Melanie 2
the music thread (Apr '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 22
Paul Stott Group to appear at Mikki V's July 24th (Jul '15) Jul '15 Karen 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winter Springs Mortgages