Cops hold informant suspected in fata...

Cops hold informant suspected in fatal shooting

There are 29 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 24, 2008, titled Cops hold informant suspected in fatal shooting. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A police informant in the 2006 killing of a Lake Brantley High School athlete is being investigated in a fatal shooting this week in Winter Park, police said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GUY

Kissimmee, FL

#1 May 24, 2008
yea, this guy is guilty as sin

Since: May 08

Hogtown

#2 May 24, 2008
Star witness for the prosecution,, scumbag who works with the cops.

Just a normal part of our "justice" system
lockhart born

Winter Springs, FL

#3 May 24, 2008
TRUE
JitterBug

Dallas, TX

#5 May 24, 2008
You killed my boy bro...serve it
Pugley_Rip Jit

Palm Bay, FL

#6 May 24, 2008
Uh, my biggest question is why does this guy Daniel have to keep defending himself by shooting people... how do these situations keep "coming at him" as he says.
He should serve a life sentence- he obviously didnt learn his lesson the first time- so if he gets away with it again I'm sure he won't this time either.
I'll pray every night that you spend the rest of your life in person for what you did.
RIP Jitterbug... your truely loved and missed.
Pugley_Rip Jit

Palm Bay, FL

#7 May 24, 2008
in prison***
Catherine

Kissimmee, FL

#10 May 25, 2008
Let's not forget; Daniel "Danny" Katz, the "former" informent, knows the system. It's my opinion, Katz is a boil on the butt of humanity! Hopefully this time the justice system will take her blind fold off.
lost with out you

Winter Garden, FL

#11 May 25, 2008
Danny planted the knife in Jits hand.Jit maybe alot of things but not a killer, especially Danny. He thought he was his friend one of his closest friends. How many times is Danny going to be allowed to give the same story for murder. He may have helped the police, but it was for his own benefit,not to be a good citizen.R.I.P. Jitterbug God is on your side.
dude

Kissimmee, FL

#12 May 25, 2008
danny's stories sound made up, the kid looks like a low life thug and i don't believe he would say "step back or i will be forced to open fire". Oh ya, he had an assault rifle in his car, kinda sketch! There has to be more to this story. He is all lies and deserves to rot in jail.
dude

Kissimmee, FL

#13 May 25, 2008
oh ya and i bet he didn't have a concealed weapons permit, so why didn't he get in trouble for carrying the gun around in his car?
randy

Titusville, FL

#14 May 25, 2008
punk ass police do wut day want & get away!!!!!!kid gets pep sent ta jail 4 life then shoots 2 pep & getoff wut da hell!!!!!!!!!!
dsfg

Scottsmoor, FL

#15 May 28, 2008
danny kats killed josh and he is getting charged with possesion of a deadly weapon... josh has a baby boy on the way danny takes advantage of being a undercover police officer.. he killed josh and how do you think adeline his baby moma is going to tell her baby what happend to his father danny kats is a lier a top drug dealer and if he doesnt get charged with murder and put away for life he will be put down for life.
dsfg

Scottsmoor, FL

#16 May 28, 2008
how many times is he guna shoot people and sell drugs before he gets put away man he killed ma homeboy that kid deserves the pain ace is going threw. danny killed ma homeboy if he gets out thats bullshit
K to the Mother Fckin D

Austin, TX

#17 May 28, 2008
dsfg wrote:
how many times is he guna shoot people and sell drugs before he gets put away man he killed ma homeboy that kid deserves the pain ace is going threw. danny killed ma homeboy if he gets out thats bullshit
A top drug dealer? What the fuck are you talking about. Do you know what would consider a person to be a top drug dealer? STFU... Danny deserves to be in jail and doesn't deserve the credit of being top anything. He was pushing nickles to make dimes not pennies to make dollars. Know the difference before you want to make some big talk. I know all involved including the mitchel incident and all that I know is that I lost 4 people in the past year due to this bull shit... Play the game right, respect others, realize that everyone's trying to make a living... One way or another... The puss ies like Danny need to leave their guns at home and handle their Sh It like a real man... With fists... Atleast death doesn't come from it and the point gets across... I feel for Jits girl considering I have a baby on the way and if I continued my streak I would have prolly been right there 2... There's my 2 cent's... BTW Think before you type some retarded post because you don't know sh*t..
Accept defeat

Melbourne, FL

#18 May 28, 2008
K to the Mother Fckin D wrote:
<quoted text>
A top drug dealer? What the fuck are you talking about. Do you know what would consider a person to be a top drug dealer? STFU... Danny deserves to be in jail and doesn't deserve the credit of being top anything. He was pushing nickles to make dimes not pennies to make dollars. Know the difference before you want to make some big talk. I know all involved including the mitchel incident and all that I know is that I lost 4 people in the past year due to this bull shit... Play the game right, respect others, realize that everyone's trying to make a living... One way or another... The puss ies like Danny need to leave their guns at home and handle their Sh It like a real man... With fists... Atleast death doesn't come from it and the point gets across... I feel for Jits girl considering I have a baby on the way and if I continued my streak I would have prolly been right there 2... There's my 2 cent's... BTW Think before you type some retarded post because you don't know sh*t..
Ok wigggers, back to your trailer
Accept defeat

Melbourne, FL

#19 May 28, 2008
dsfg wrote:
danny kats killed josh and he is getting charged with possesion of a deadly weapon... josh has a baby boy on the way danny takes advantage of being a undercover police officer.. he killed josh and how do you think adeline his baby moma is going to tell her baby what happend to his father danny kats is a lier a top drug dealer and if he doesnt get charged with murder and put away for life he will be put down for life.
Ok gimp, get back in the closet and study for your GED. No more government cheese for you.
Fed up

AOL

#20 May 28, 2008
thug killed a future thug..two down..better keep knocking the babies out of the unwed mothers..couple more decades you will be extinct. will the world miss the contributions of a group that self distructs with so many opportunities right in front of them?
smz

Allen, TX

#21 May 28, 2008
he better rot in jail!!! this kid is bad news!!!!he sent an innocent man to prison when really it should be him in prison! i know him he is a liar!!!! he goes around threatening peoples lives all the time.. pulling guns out on people all the time.. this is no news and not shocking to hear at all. danny is trouble and deserves to be behind bars!!!!
A Mother That Knows

Allen, TX

#22 May 29, 2008
Daniel Katz is an immoral citizen of this state. He has gone around for the past 5 years that I know of selling drugs, and actually providing a morphine patch to a friends' little brother that overdosed and died, but yet Danny was never charged for it. He is a low life punk and I only wish my kids would have let me deal with him when I first found out the crap he was pulling and maybe this other non essential young man that is expecting a child any day wouldn't have died on his 21st birthday. Danny is a known liar, known drug dealer, thief among other things; yet he always gets out of trouble due to his uncle being in law enforcement. I also have a family member in law enforcement and trust me, it never managed to help myself or my children whom went to school with Danny, get out of any trouble. Danny has twice pulled a gun on my children and it was kept from me for years. I found out months after the fact. Jail is a good place for him and that is where he needs to remain. I have no doubt that Danny opend fire on Joshua with no regard for anything other than a drug deal gone bad, more than likely. That is how Danny operates and then brags to anyone that gives him a chance. Ask any of the kids that attended Lake Brantley High with him and/or were associated with him due to older siblings. Danny is a want to be thug and is sitting were he deserves. I only hope that the Orange County Judicial System doesn't buy into his BS self defense crap. I guarantee if they give Danny a lie detector test he will fail it on all accounts including the shooting of Mr. Meyers, whom he shot less than a year ago.
uncle tom

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 May 29, 2008
This is another ridiculous act of violence going around the rich white suburbs of Orlando I know both of these people personally I lived with danny and i hung out with jit I knew this was going to happened eventually all these want to be gangsters that are not gangsters danny was a show off he did it all the time and jit you say let god have him what the hell did god do for him down here gave him no home let his mom smoke crack yeah thats real good there is no god if there is he is a asshole I just wish little rich jewish kids didnt have any guns and didnt try to play gangster that is why i am out of there i would of been there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,534,369
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 363
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 7 hr Revelations 166
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 8 hr Voyeur 19,229
News Residents learn how to deal, get rid of iguanas (May '09) 19 hr Bye bye 33
News Going to a garage sale? A few rules (Jun '09) Sun pissed off 22
Teachers accuse students of false crimes at Ful... Apr '17 Karen Carty 1

Winter Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winter Park Mortgages