Full Sail to become a university

At a news conference with Lt. Gov. Jeff Kottkamp this morning, officials at Winter Park digital media school Full Sail Real World Education will announce that the school is changing its name to "Full Sail ... Full Story
First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Ex-Student

Allen, TX

#532 Sep 4, 2012
THIS RETARD wrote:
<quoted text>
... Full Sail is expensive for the 2 year BA programs but it is average compared to traditional 4 year BA programs. People like you think that you know everything so how about you just shut the fuck up.
I'm sorry but you also need to shut up. I attended Full Sail and I have absolutely nothing good to say about it. In fact I posted a little about my own problems a little bit farther down in this forum.

Anyway, if you are saying that Full Sail isn't too expensive then either you already have lots of money or you already have a job making lots of money. With the way the economy is right now, paying $50,000 for a degree from a school that obviously has no clue what they're doing is paying $50,000 too much. I just wish I had seen posts like these before I signed on the dotted line.

I actually failed a class twice solely because the piece of crap macbook that they gave me bit the dust before I started this class. I thought it was no big deal and I could do my homework on my Windows laptop which I enjoyed so much better anyway. Nope, the teacher had set up the lessons for Mac software and even though there were Windows programs that I could get that would basically do the same thing as the Mac software I didn't know how to use them. I told my teacher that my Mac laptop had died and that I needed to know how to do the assignments with some similar software on my Windows laptop. I was told them he didn't know how to do the equivalent stuff on Windows and I was on my own. So none the less I failed that class twice before finally deciding that it was best if I didn't attend Full Sail anymore.

Full Sail and its teachers don't have a clue what they're doing.
exotic

Sumrall, MS

#533 May 20, 2013
Ex-Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but you also need to shut up. I attended Full Sail and I have absolutely nothing good to say about it. In fact I posted a little about my own problems a little bit farther down in this forum.
Anyway, if you are saying that Full Sail isn't too expensive then either you already have lots of money or you already have a job making lots of money. With the way the economy is right now, paying $50,000 for a degree from a school that obviously has no clue what they're doing is paying $50,000 too much. I just wish I had seen posts like these before I signed on the dotted line.
I actually failed a class twice solely because the piece of crap macbook that they gave me bit the dust before I started this class. I thought it was no big deal and I could do my homework on my Windows laptop which I enjoyed so much better anyway. Nope, the teacher had set up the lessons for Mac software and even though there were Windows programs that I could get that would basically do the same thing as the Mac software I didn't know how to use them. I told my teacher that my Mac laptop had died and that I needed to know how to do the assignments with some similar software on my Windows laptop. I was told them he didn't know how to do the equivalent stuff on Windows and I was on my own. So none the less I failed that class twice before finally deciding that it was best if I didn't attend Full Sail anymore.
Full Sail and its teachers don't have a clue what they're doing.
this is so true I have been at full sail for 9months now started out in recording arts switched over to entertainment business when I found out the program was full of bs I have been to community college and trade school which were 10 times cheaper tuition and came out successful from both I chose full sail to chase my dream in music...since I have at full sail they havent taught me anything everything dealing with recording learned myself and from youtube you spend a whole year taking bs classes which have nothing to with your major and most of the teachers are former students they also hire ppl to reply to fuck full sail ads to make themselves look good
Hunter-Gatherer

Winter Park, FL

#534 Sep 25, 2013
Steve jobbs wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the thought of you being completely full of crap has multiplied ten fold. Get YOUR facts straight before accusing others. I went to full sail and had to sign a document stating that I wouldn't speak negatively about the school. Well sue me. I can even recall arguments in the classroom regarding the equipment that we were told we could use when we went on the "behind the scenes tour" and how we never got to even touch it. Save your money and go somewhere else. Unless you intend to slip on the floor and sue the school. Then I'm behind you.
Do you by any chance have a copy of this document you mention in the above quote? I would really like to see it if you do. I am building a case study on this institution for publication, and if such a document exists, it would hold a lot of weight in the argument against the legitimacy of the companies academic merit.

Please contact me at contactdiamondcut@gmail.com, should you have any solid examples of such predatory practices.
Tyrrahn

Orlando, FL

#535 Apr 19, 2014
I graduated from Full Sail Game Dev and started work the first day after graduation as a software developer for a national simulation company who has a branch in Orlando, with a starting salary of $55k and I was quickly told I was one of the strongest juniors they'd ever hired (and received awards for it). I still work there now. Of the classmates I kept in contact with who didn't continue into a master's program or attempt their own startup, all have jobs as programmers, and the lowest paid one earns $50k. Having experienced this first-hand, I cannot with honesty agree with anyone who calls Full Sail a scam or fake. I was very pleased with the quality of education I received there as well as with the career that followed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Tony Rome 1,125,480
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 47,488
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr n-dis-grace 488,917
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 2,534
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 7 hr Mary NY 25,914
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 96,518
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 10 hr Riverside 17,681
Winter Park Dating
Find my Match

Winter Park Jobs

Winter Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winter Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winter Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]