Closed Bithlo dump racks up gripes, fines | Video

Sep 2, 2011 Full story: The Orlando Sentinel 11

The overgrown landfill just off State Road 50 in east Orange no longer takes in debris, but it has accumulated one of the largest code-enforcement fines in Central Florida history: $1.72 million as of Saturday and climbing by $250 every day.

Full Story
poz

Orlando, FL

#1 Sep 4, 2011
Bithlo does not NEED a water park!! where is the water coming from? what condition is the water! who is paying for this? taxpayers! people need to get their priorites straight!! get a clue, no one goes to the Bithlo park except for a handout a few times a year!!
Goodman supporter

Orlando, FL

#2 Sep 10, 2011
Just try to tell that to the Parents of Bithlo children that want a splashpad for our kids instead of aomeba filled drainage ditches to cool off in.The water is coming from the treatment center that was built so wealthy Little leaguers had c;ean water to flush toilets with and to keep their ballfields green. Guess what? THEY HAVE TO SHARE THAT WATER WITH BITHLO NOW! Thank Goodness for Cory Goodman defeating these dictators and getting them to keep their promise!
The Question

Hollywood, FL

#3 Sep 10, 2011
I noticed no one started paying attention to Bithlo until Conway Tim started marking noise. Corey Goodman made noise for 12 years and never got an results.
I Grew Up

Oviedo, FL

#4 Sep 10, 2011
I grew up playing in ditches and ponds. I didn't have a splash pad. I turned out fine. Why are we wasting this money?
poz

Orlando, FL

#5 Sep 10, 2011
(?) your not noticing much because every commissioner has had dealings with Bithlo and all get tired of the same ole freeloading whiners or won't be treated like an atm or errand boy to have someone snap their fingers to get special treatment. every couple of years someone rattles the news and then it dies down, as it should.
Goodman supporter

Palm Bay, FL

#6 Sep 26, 2011
The Question wrote:
I noticed no one started paying attention to Bithlo until Conway Tim started marking noise. Corey Goodman made noise for 12 years and never got an results.
You don't notice much and are missing out on a lot of things you should know more about. Put the crack pipe down and pay attention!Did Conway Tim get the Long Branch opened for us? Goodman worked those 12 years to have it opened and it is now! Sounds like you just want to hate those who do what you can't.
Goodman supporter

Palm Bay, FL

#7 Sep 26, 2011
poz wrote:
(?) your not noticing much because every commissioner has had dealings with Bithlo and all get tired of the same ole freeloading whiners or won't be treated like an atm or errand boy to have someone snap their fingers to get special treatment. every couple of years someone rattles the news and then it dies down, as it should.
Tell that to Bobby Beagles of christmas. Edwards AND Segal were "step and fetch it" boys for that wind bag. Goodman reminds them that they are public servants and need to be obedient or face the wrath of a Man of Action!Don't think they don't know it. They do!
Goodman supporter

Palm Bay, FL

#8 Sep 26, 2011
I Grew Up wrote:
I grew up playing in ditches and ponds. I didn't have a splash pad. I turned out fine. Why are we wasting this money?
Amoebas ? Bet you would have been first in line to use one if you had someone willing to fight for one like Goodman did for us. If you don't want to use it ,go back to your ditch.
Cory Goodman

Palm Bay, FL

#9 Sep 26, 2011
Goodman supporter wrote:
<quoted text>Amoebas ? Bet you would have been first in line to use one if you had someone willing to fight for one like Goodman did for us. If you don't want to use it ,go back to your ditch.
Thanks for the kind words! These guys sound like they are angry because for years they fought me about having things for Bithlo children that they don't agree with.Some even swore to stop me if I attempted to have a waterpark/splashpad in the park that was built for the Bithlo community.Probably mad that now the wealthy non-residents will have to share the amenities with us that they thought they had complete control of for so long.
I am real

Oviedo, FL

#10 Sep 26, 2011
Mr. Goodman, it appears you have been fighting this battle so long, you don't know what is real and what is fake. I have commented on many of your postings and for same reason, I have a feeling you truly think I am one of these politicians or whatever that is trying to work against you. I am an honest citizen of Bithlo and I have a different opinion than you about these subjects. I am not sure why you keep grouping me in with these people just because I have a different opinion than you. You have to know there are other people out there that are real normal citizens like yourself that read the internet posts. I don't think you realize how hard it is to have a normal meaningful discussion with you.
Goodman supporter

Orlando, FL

#11 Oct 1, 2011
I am real wrote:
Mr. Goodman, it appears you have been fighting this battle so long, you don't know what is real and what is fake. I have commented on many of your postings and for same reason, I have a feeling you truly think I am one of these politicians or whatever that is trying to work against you. I am an honest citizen of Bithlo and I have a different opinion than you about these subjects. I am not sure why you keep grouping me in with these people just because I have a different opinion than you. You have to know there are other people out there that are real normal citizens like yourself that read the internet posts. I don't think you realize how hard it is to have a normal meaningful discussion with you.
I'm sure you believe that and think it is true but in our heart of hearts, we both know it isn'y true. I predict you are ,yet another, plant of the outside "do gooders" still angry they lost to Mayor Goodman and got fired when audited. Where were you then? Don't piss on my foot and tell me it's raining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nuculur option 1,153,699
Randy Mcalpin VP Orlando Nissan 32 min POOR SERVICE 10
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 58 min T-REX 490,156
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr Maggie McGee 70,604
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr B as in B S as in S 49,177
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr Vic 96,625
What really happened on air legend Col. Mike Mc... (Oct '07) 2 hr ETrip7 72
Winter Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Winter Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winter Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winter Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News