Cops say co-worker killed Lotto winne...

Cops say co-worker killed Lotto winner -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 92 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 11, 2007, titled Cops say co-worker killed Lotto winner -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Finally hitting the Lotto may have cost Kalvin Stockford his life. The burly Orange County tree trimmer won $10,000 last month and had been bragging about it ever since.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
joh

Bowling Green, KY

#117 Jul 18, 2007
Shouldn't this be treated as a "hate crime"???? OH, I forgot. The victim was a "white" man so the rule doesn't apply.
C-Los from NC

United States

#118 Jul 19, 2007
Finally hitting the Lotto may have cost Kalvin Stockford his life.

The burly Orange County tree trimmer won $10,000 last month and had been bragging about it ever since.

Employees found their crew boss dead on the floor with empty pockets Monday morning at Gator Tree Experts near West Fairbanks Avenue.

Suspicions quickly focused on Dwayne Ricardo Smith, a missing co-worker with a history of violent crimes, according to Orange County sheriff's reports.

Within hours, Smith's best friend began telling detectives about a night that began with murder and ended with strippers, drinks and lap dances.

"Drive. Drive. Drive," friend Darwin Rhule quoted Smith as saying after he ran, gun in hand, from the Gator office late Sunday, according to a sheriff's affidavit. "I had to kill the Cracker."

----------
I read this story in its entirety and couldn't believe how stupid Mr. Stockford could be. If I were to hit the lottery, I would keep my mouth shut and put the money in the bank and some investments.

Moral of this story: Being a self-conceited braggart does not pay!

Have a nice day.....
Maria Sanchez

Paradise, CA

#119 Jul 20, 2007
This is a Hate Crime. It should be treated as a Hate crime murder and he should be put to death for this.
VET

Spartanburg, SC

#120 Jul 20, 2007
IF he used the word Cracker....... Then why isnt the being charged with a Hate Crime/Murder........ if the person had been white and used the N word in mudering a black .,. The Media and the black community would have demanded the racist mmuderer but chaged with hate crime/murder.
Jeff Stockford

Orlando, FL

#122 Jul 30, 2007
I am Kalvin's younger brother. I am not focused on the murderer. Maybe I will when the trial starts, but for now, I just miss my brother. He had a good heart and never meant anybody any harm. The world was a better place with him in it. Even though I want to see justice done, I choose not to hate this guy (Duayne I think). Hate and bitterness will not do one thing to the killer, but it can hurt me and others who hold on to it. If you knew Kalvin, think about his life and what he meant. Think about the fact that he is in heaven. Someday I will get to see by brother again and that makes me smile.
Sad

Altamonte Springs, FL

#123 Oct 26, 2007
I met Kalvin on a tree job they did for me, he was utmost professional and it makes me very sad to learn of his passing. He was truly a good person, and this makes me very sad to learn this.
Jeff Stockford wrote:
I am Kalvin's younger brother. I am not focused on the murderer. Maybe I will when the trial starts, but for now, I just miss my brother. He had a good heart and never meant anybody any harm. The world was a better place with him in it. Even though I want to see justice done, I choose not to hate this guy (Duayne I think). Hate and bitterness will not do one thing to the killer, but it can hurt me and others who hold on to it. If you knew Kalvin, think about his life and what he meant. Think about the fact that he is in heaven. Someday I will get to see by brother again and that makes me smile.
Hillary

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#124 Oct 26, 2007
VET wrote:
IF he used the word Cracker....... Then why isnt the being charged with a Hate Crime/Murder........ if the person had been white and used the N word in mudering a black .,. The Media and the black community would have demanded the racist mmuderer but chaged with hate crime/murder.
Hate Laws are for IF whites do something to blacks, not for WHEN blacks do something to whites.
Andrea Stockford

Milwaukee, WI

#125 Sep 29, 2010
This was my brother and I can't ever have the chance to see or talk to him again. Why was this monster ever on the streets with a past like that! Poor Kalvin, he never deserved that. Kalvin I love you and I'm sorry we had such little time to know one another.
Seriously

Arlington, TX

#126 Apr 12, 2011
C-Los from NC wrote:
Finally hitting the Lotto may have cost Kalvin Stockford his life.
The burly Orange County tree trimmer won $10,000 last month and had been bragging about it ever since.
Employees found their crew boss dead on the floor with empty pockets Monday morning at Gator Tree Experts near West Fairbanks Avenue.
Suspicions quickly focused on Dwayne Ricardo Smith, a missing co-worker with a history of violent crimes, according to Orange County sheriff's reports.
Within hours, Smith's best friend began telling detectives about a night that began with murder and ended with strippers, drinks and lap dances.
"Drive. Drive. Drive," friend Darwin Rhule quoted Smith as saying after he ran, gun in hand, from the Gator office late Sunday, according to a sheriff's affidavit. "I had to kill the Cracker."
----------
I read this story in its entirety and couldn't believe how stupid Mr. Stockford could be. If I were to hit the lottery, I would keep my mouth shut and put the money in the bank and some investments.
Moral of this story: Being a self-conceited braggart does not pay!
Have a nice day.....
Just because he was excited about his winnings did not mean he deserved to die!!! Your stupid comment makes you an idiot!!!! You are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!
Impeach Obumma

Phoenix, AZ

#127 Apr 12, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because he was excited about his winnings did not mean he deserved to die!!! Your stupid comment makes you an idiot!!!! You are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!
That post was probably written by the criminal's brother. The blacks always blame the white victims for their crimes.

When I told a black man that I had been attacked, knifed, and robbed by four black men while walking to work at the hospital, he told me, "You probably got attacked because they saw your fear."

That was a lie because they were hiding in bushes and jumped out to surprise me. I found out later from the police that the same four men had attacked white doctors and nurses who were walking into the same hospital. Fear had nothing to do with it. Four black men with knives looking for white victims had everything to do with their criminal actions!
concerned

Titusville, FL

#128 Sep 1, 2012
just to follow up. dwayne received two life sentences and hopefully will never see the light of day on the outside. i know his father and brother and they are good hard working people. his dad raised him in a good fatherly manner an does not understand what made him into such a evil person.
Mary Stockford

Norfolk, VA

#130 Mar 26, 2014
Andrea Stockford wrote:
This was my brother and I can't ever have the chance to see or talk to him again. Why was this monster ever on the streets with a past like that! Poor Kalvin, he never deserved that. Kalvin I love you and I'm sorry we had such little time to know one another.
My name was Mary Stockford before I married. Kalvin was my brother. It has taken me a few years to get the courage to read about his death. I havent lived in FLA for quite some time. You stated you are his sister. How are we related?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 38 min lisa 98,714
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 40 min VetnorsGate 1,746,777
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Poster Child for ... 64,571
One Word (Jul '10) 7 hr So_da_lish_us 2,620
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 7 hr So_da_lish_us 13,205
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr ANGHARAD 517,099
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 10 hr T-REX 74,091

Winter Park Jobs

Personal Finance

Winter Park Mortgages